More Than a Stranger

Poise: Premeditated Revenge

 

“That'll be nice,” Jae Joong snorted. “Are you going to wear that to school?”
Yoona's sleepwear was one of a kind. She was wearing a warm set of polka-dotted pajamas, braided pigtails, and a pair of pink, puffy slippers.

“Ah,” Yoona squirmed. “Give me five minutes. You can come inside and wait if you like.”

She dashed into her heated home. He languidly trailed behind Yoona's footsteps.

“Thanks,” he replied as he studied the inside of her house. “But are you always like this?”

“I don't know what you're talking about,” Yoona said. “I'll be right back.”

She instructed him to sit on the leather sofa before heading upstairs.

 

 

Yoona, who was upstairs in her room, struggled to put her school outfit together. She was not a messy girl, but she had always found it difficult to match her articles of clothing.
“A girl like you who lives alone...shouldn't you be more careful...especially towards strangers?” Jae Joong shouted up into the ceiling.

“How does he know that I live alone?” Yoona mumbled as she closed her bedroom door.

 

Jae Joong's hand rested on his chin while he studied the home owner's daily breakfast routine. She grabbed a slice of pizza from the cluttered dining table and dug through the open kitchen for her school tote bag.

“Shall we go?,” Yoona signaled with her free hand. “We might be late.”

 

 

Yoona and Jae Joong both journeyed their way to the front yard.
“Hop on,” Yoona patted the cold, metal back seat of her bicycle.

“I think it's better if I just follow you,” Jae Joong advised.

“I'm definitely not taking the bus,” she began to peddle her bike. “This is also faster than walking in the snow.”

 

 

The wheels on Yoona's bike rolled at the same speed as a sprinting dog.

“We're moving really fast,” Jae Joong commented. “How do you do it?

“I guess I'm just used to traveling this way,” Yoona replied.

“This is much nicer than riding on the bus.”

“Everything is nicer than taking the large metal vehicle filled with insane idiots.”

 

“How did you find my bike again?” Yoona asked after an awkward silence.
“Oh...I,” he hesitated. “I ran into it while resting.”
“Resting...at a deserted park?”
“I go there from time to time. The best place to go to if you have trouble sorting things out.”

“People say that the park is cursed since a local family was murdered there.”
“This town is just too superstitious, for something that happened over twenty years ago.”

“You're not afraid of that place?”
“I was born there.”

 

Jae Joong motioned his head and searched the the empty street.

“Stop,” Jae Joong pleaded. “We should separate from here.”
He hopped off from her bike as soon as it came to a stop.

“Since we're almost there...it is best if we ignore each other from this point on,” Jae Joong said. “Is that okay with you?”
Yoona deprecated his request, “It is not hard to ignore a stranger.”

She gently pushed forward with her bicycle.

“You've misunderstood my intentions,” Jae Joong explained. “It is just that if we are seen together, you'll be hated by most girls.”
She persisted on without hesitation,“We should remain as strangers.”

“Im Yoona,” Jae Joong suddenly yelled. “We should be more than strangers.”

“We're classmates.”

 

 

During class, Yoona and completely ignored Jae Joong's existence. This was mainly because other girls had flocked to him like a pack of wolves that was hungry enough to shred their dinner into millions of pieces.

 

 

Class ended earlier than they had expected. Jae Joong stood outside of the campus, in the terrible weather, and waited for Yoona.

“Hey,” he smiled.

Yoona and treaded right past Jae Joong.

“Am I that bad of a person?” Jae Joong wailed.
She stopped peddling and turned around.

“I'm sorry,” Yoona expressed. “It's just...”
“Why can't we be friends?” Jae Joong sighed. “You're the only person who treats me differently. Girls usually throw themselves at me while guys hate me because I attract so many girls.”

“Trust me, it is best if you do not get to know me.”

“Can you at least take a walk with me?”

 

 

Jae Joong led Yoona to a park, not far from the Northern University.

“This is where I had found your bike last night,” he said.

“You were out here this late at night?” she asked.

“I sleep here most of the time.”

He frowned after he noticed Yoona cared less about his background, “It's unimaginable for someone to run away from home at this age, isn't it?”
Yoona let out a forced smile.

Jae Joong continued, “My father wanted me to help him run his business when I grow up. The stuff that he wanted me to do was quite immoral and unethical. I run away from home at least once or twice a week.”

“So you are part homeless?” said Yoona.
“A very lonely one,” Jae Joong chuckled.

“I understand. I myself barely have anyone to talk to nowadays.”

“It was my fault,” Jae Joong stuttered. “I'm sorry.”

He constantly rubbed his eyes.

“It's a fact, so you don't have to be sorry for me,” Yoona said. “Everybody has their own past. Mine was just...unlucky.”

 


“By any chance,” he said. “Do you know where I can rent a place?”
“What about the school's dorm?” Yoona suggested.

“I need a place where my father would not find me so easily.”

“Maybe a friend's house?”
“How about your place?”
“To be honest, most people are afraid of me. No one dares to become my house mate.”

“I'm not afraid. Maybe I can also help you pay the bills.”

“Perhaps you can stay to help me pay the bills.”
“Thanks-”
“On one condition. We cannot be friends.”

“We're house mates now.”

Yoona grunted.

Jae Joong questioned, “ Aren't you afraid that I would try to you in the middle of the night or something?”
“No,” Yoona replied in a serious tone. “I know how to protect myself. I have been doing so for years. As a matter of fact, I can even protect you. So remember, if you dare to enter my room, I will break all of your bones.”
“Now I'm scared,” Jae Joong admitted, “But honestly, for some odd reason, I felt a certain closeness to you the moment saw you on that bus.” He stared dead straight into her eyes before she managed to pull away.
 

~~~~~End of Chapter~~~~~

 

A/N: - Yay, another update.

Even though there aren't much comments. I will still be updating.

I'm sure my old readers will stop by when they find time.

I doubt there are new readers.

A shout out to the silent ones...LOL

-


Chapter [[Summary]]:
Yoona formerly meets Kim Jae Joong

They sort of hung out.

He will become her house mate.

-

Chapter [[Discussion]]:

Any guesses about Kim Jae Joong?

I think he's a little weird. (the character)

How's the flow? Is it still as slow as chapter 1?

Man...I hate it when stories start off boring and slow.

Please tell me so I can try to avoid.

-

Chapter [[Preview]]:

 

A Past to be Revealed!

-

Find me @ http://www.aflowerkiss.net

Stop by and request for graphics or just pay me a short visit.

It is my personal website.


 

Comments and Criticisms are highly welcomed.
If you are a silent reader, please remember to comment at least once.