The Unfortunate Graduate

Poise: Premeditated Revenge

“Im Yoona,” the high school teacher, who stood behind the large wooden podium, announced into the solemn black microphone.
The only sounds that traveled through people's eardrums were the echoes from the vibrations of the large speakers, placed on both sides of the stage. No one at the graduation ceremony, held outside on the open field, cheered for nor anticipated for the call of her name. Despite the lack of support from her fellow peers, she dug up enough courage to walk across the stage. Yoona kept a proud smile on her face while she grabbed her high school diploma from the principal and returned to her seat.
“How sad,” a female student, who sat next to Yoona, whispered into her neighbor's ear. “No one came to support the freak of our school.”
“Serves her right,” her friend replied. “She's a jinx. I mean she doesn't have a single living family member left.”
“I find it weird that she didn't die along with them.”
“Maybe she's a vampire.”
Yoona, who obviously overheard the rude remarks, hissed at her fellow graduates, “Then you better shut up before I eat you for dinner.” The lonesome Yoona did not care about making friends. Her top priority was to fulfill her parent's wishes, which was to complete her studies.


 

The newly graduates tossed their navy blue caps into the air. They were like dancing monkeys, almost immediately after the principle formally ended the commencement speech. All of the students, except the isolated Yoona, celebrated with their family and friends. Yoona sighed the moment she exited the field. She tightly gripped on her high school diploma with a sign of relief.
“Yoona,” a voice from behind greeted.
She smiled to the sound of the familiar voice. The voiced belonged to her previous mentor at the Poise agency, the place that once trained Im Yoona to become one of the most successful vampire slayers.
Senior Lee, who dressed in a formal white suit, shook her small hands, “Congratulations.”
She responded with a long, deep bow, and began to unchain her bicycle. Yoona added, “You didn't come here just to congratulate me, did you?”
“We need you,” he said. “The Western Vampire Nation has taken over the Eastern Vampire Nation.”

“Are you blaming me for killing the Queen of the Eastern Vampire Nation?”

“No, it was your duty. Besides, you were unable to control your powers.”
“The Grand Master deserved it more than she did. Of all the people in this world, it had to be the leader of our Poise Agency to be the one seducing a vampire and scheming to take over the world.”

“Your hatred...”

“What about it?”
“Your hatred against vampires are not as strong as before.”
“After killing the Grand Master and massacring his vampire army, I realized that I too had transformed into a monster. Revenge was eating up all my conscience.”
“With that in mind, I believe you have no will to return, even if the world is in danger.”
“Isn't it always?” Yoona replied as she hopped on her bike. “I'm sorry, but I have to go to work.”
She placed her foot on the paddle and rode to Hero Pizzeria, the local pizza parlor.


 


 

Yoona adjusted her healthy, long black hair before she entered through the kitchen door. The uniformed employee started her day's work. She grabbed a clean towel to remove the dried pizza sauce on the table tops. The girl swooshed the stained towel back and forth, in one simple motion for several minutes without the realization that the tables were no longer tainted. Fortunately for Yoona, she broke out of her daze before the boss noticed.

 


 


 

“A Poise member,” the boss' jaw dropped, “An actual Enchanted Guardian visiting my restaurant.” He quickly ran inside, in search of his camera. Yoona tilted up her head in response to being exposed to the freezing weather. The Poise member was Kim Kibum, her old friend from the south. Kibum, also a former colleague of Yoona, wore an updated uniform of the Poise Agency. The vampire slayer, who's sole mission was to protect the Earth, dressed in a black jumpsuit with half of his soothing face hidden behind a white, shiny mask.


 


“Can we talk?” Kibum asked.
She shifted her attention to the other tables “I have no topic of conversation with an Enchanted Guardian.”

Yoona's friend gently removed his mask, which revealed his young, charming features, “If you don't want to speak to an old colleague, then how about catching up with your old friend?” He folded his lips.
“Don't be silly,” Yoona warned. “Put the mask back on before someone...or something learn about your true identity.”
Kibum frowned because Yoona did not seem too happy about his visit.
She pushed him out the opened front door, “My shift ends at nine. I'll meet you at the Northern Poise Agency.”


 


 

Later that night, Yoona kept her promise. She visited the Nothern Poise Agency as soon as her late shift ended. The Northern Poise Agency was not as big as the other agencies. No expansion was needed because very few vampire slayers are needed up North.


 

Kibum followed Yoona to her unvisited home.

He shivered, “This is your house?”
Yoona nodded, “This is where I grew up.”
“Were your parents loaded or something? The land is quite large. I mean the size of the land isolates you from practically all of your neighbors.”
“They were not as wealthy as other locals, but my father's restaurant ran well. My parents used to own the pizza parlor. Too bad it was auctioned off to the others when my parents died.”

“I'm sorry.”
“Don't be. I was lucky enough to be able to inherit this house.”


 


Yoona inserted her silver key into the modern keyhole of the large front door,“Come in.” She guided him into the living room. The house was very neat. Everything managed to fit into the right place. Family photographs were hung all around the warming tan walls while the comfortable furniture gave off a subtle country feel.
Kibum took off his large brown coat, “It is much warmer in here than outside.”
“You're lucky. It gets colder in the winter when there are daily snowstorms.”
“I like the décor.” He settled down upon a loveseat.
“Thanks,” Yoona replied as she took a seat next to him. “My mother actually decorated this house before...you know, she past away.”


 


“The Poise Agency needs you, Yoona.” Kibum expressed with a firm voice. “We need you as the leader of the Enchanted Guardians. If the Vampire Nation reunites...or even worse...if they start going to war, it would devastate the lives of all human beings.”
“I'm sorry, but I have already given up on the life of a vampire slayer,” Yoona replied. “The agency doesn't really need me anymore. Besides, you and Senior Lee both know that the universal powers have long been transferred to Eunhyuk. Don't you remember about me kissing him that night?”
“Even without those extra powers, you are more skillful than the rest of us.”
“You don't understand,” Yoona explained. “I am an unfortunate person. I bring harm to the people by my side. At first, after my parents were killed by some vampires, I thought I had a second chance in the south after my aunt and uncle invited me to live with them. Boy, I was naive. My aunt and uncle's blood were dry by a vampire. Even my lovable cousin, Jessica, was transformed into a vampire herself.” Yoona bit her lips to fight back her tears, “I brought the same fate to all my close friends. Lee Donghae died right in front of my eyes. You, Kim Kibum, was almost killed by me. Our carefree friend, Eunhyuk, almost died because he was trying to save me. Please don't make me go back to the life of an Enchanted Guardian. Killing vampires will only bring back my unfortunate past. All I want to do now is to live a normal life. A life that my parents had planned for me since birth.”


 


 

Kibum got up from his seat and sat by Yoona's side. She was no longer able to control her tears.
“I'm sorry,” Kibum said. “I shouldn't have let you revisited the painful past.”

“It is all right,” Yoona sobbed. “You are only doing your job as a concerned vampire slayer.”

“If you happen to run into any trouble, remember to contact the Northern Poise Agency. They will not hesitate to help you.”
Yoona wiped off her tears with the sleeves of her soft, white sweater, “As you said, even though I no longer possess those powers, I still am capable of protecting myself.”
Kibum snickered, “That's right.”
“How's Eunhyuk and his family?”
“They're doing fine,” Kibum replied, “Except Eunhyuk is not doing so well with the ladies.”
“That's impossible. Girls usually follow him around like crazy.”

“He's afraid of transferring the powers by accident so girls would leave him after they find out that he refuses to passionately kiss them.”
Yoona laughed after the thought of her friend trying not to kiss girls as if he had a deadly contagious disease.

 

 

~~~~~End of Chapter~~~~~

 

A/N: - Finally. The first chapter is finally updated. I also edited the forewords. Gave it tons of information. I hope it'll be useful.


 

How's the writing style? I hope I have improved. Following my previous fan fiction, I will be adding special sections at the end of every chapter to communicate with my readers. Comments will be replied through the comments page so be sure to check it out.


 

-


Chapter [[Summary]]:
Yoona graduated from high school.

She strives to live a normal life.

Others are afraid of Yoona so she doesn't have many friends.

The Western Vampire Nation are growing stronger.

-

Chapter [[Discussion]]:

Take this as a continuation to the Preface?

The final YoonaxKibum moments. LOL.

Sorry folks, but he is no longer one of the main characters.

This chapter is boring right? I had to start it off slow, but no worries. The REAL actions will be happening soon. xD

-

Chapter [[Preview]]:
Fast forward. Yoona goes to college.

She will met a new character.

Any guesses?

-

Find me @ http://www.aflowerkiss.net


 

Comments and Criticisms are highly welcomed.
If you are a silent reader, please remember to comment at least once.