Unexpected Attack

A New Life

Jessica's POV

It's been a week since my unexpected meeting with the Kingka of the school, Kevin Woo. Rumors about it have been spreaded fast to the whole school. Looks like once we're with the popular kids, we will get known by everyone too. Dad was right, Korea is almost like in the States but a little different.

During lunch, I joined Yoona and Taeyeon's conversation about Tiffany since she didn't came to school.

"Our Fany got a cold today" Yoona said.

"How come?" I asked.

"She fell into the lake yesterday, playing fetch with her dog, sigh...she could get klutz sometime" Taeyeon sighed.

"So I heard you were 'out' with Kevin Woo, wow lucky you!" Hyoyeon suddenly joined came out of nowhere.

"No we're not! Nothing between us, okay?" I said.

"Did he confessed?" Taeyeon asked.

"NO he didn't! We're just friends, nothing more than that, alright?" I said. I don't know which part of the rumor had mixed up from the actual truth.


Then, I went to toilet for a while and left the girls a chat time alone. After I went to the toilet, I almost forgot I had to meet our homeroom teacher to distribute some papers to the class.

As I went down to the first floor, I suddenly tripped on someone leg and fell all the way down the stairs. It hurts so badly I could tell. Many people saw my fall and tried to help me out. Thankfully, Hyoyeon and Yoona were walking at my direction.

"Sica! What happened??" HYoyeon said as she helped me out.

"It was just a little fall, I'm fine" I lied.

"No, you're not, let's go and see the teacher"

 

At the the Infirmary...

"You're okay, it's just that your right knee bled so much but you're going to be fine" Mr. Kim said.

"Thank you, sir, I should be going back to class since recess is over" I said.

"Ah yes, you should, Ms. KIm will help you" he said.

"Let's go Sica!" Hyoyeon said as she helped me walk to the class.

 

At class 2-B,

As I entered, the whole class was in such a commotion.

"Sica! Are you okay?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just need some rest that's all" I said calmly.

 

I was quite shocked of what happened but probably it was just my mistake. As the school ended for the day, after meeting my homeroom teacher, I found out that Kevin was standing at the hallways, looking at a frame picture on the wall.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Oh, I was looking at my sunbae's picture" he said.

"Where's he now?" I asked again. Kevin gave a solemn look.

"Waeyo?"

"He...died a year ago, at Han river" he said.

"Oh...sorry I didn't meant to-"

"It's okay, I admired him for as long as I can remember, the school looked up to him, as the news that he died kind of shocked the school, especially me" he said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He tried to save someone at the river but unfortunately he couldn't get out of of the river as it was raining at that time, all that was left was his clothes, floating at the river bank" Kevin said. I felt sorry for him and felt how he felt.

"I heard you fell down the stairs, you okay?" he asked.

"Oh. I'm fine, it's just my knees are in bandage, that's all" I said.

"Should I send you home?" he said.

"That's okay, I can go by myself" I said.

"Really? with your knees in bandage, are you sure?" Kevin asked. I thinked twice before I say something.

"Okay, but I don't want my parents to see us" I said.

"Why is that?" he asked.

"I don't want my family to look suspiscious on us, they're like that back at the States" I said.

"Okay, I'll just wait outside than" Kevin said. I just nodded.


That night, after completed my homeworks, my message alarm rang. Maybe it's from Tiff or maybe Yoona. I opened up the mail and I covered my mouth as I saw the message:

STOP FLIRTING WITH GUYS YOU ! OR ELSE YOU WILL GET IT!

I quickly threw my phone and threw myself on the bed. What's happening? First, I fell down the stairs now a blackmail? This is worst than nightmare!

The next morning, I showed the message to Taeyeon.

"Who would do such a thing?" Taeyeon said.

"I would like to asked the same thing" I said.

"Looks like the enemy is closer than we think" Yoona said.

"What do you mean?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Someone is  jealous of Jessica" Yoona replied.

"Who I might asked?" Jessica said.

"That I don't know" Yoona said.

"Anyhow, why don't you asked Kevin for protection?" Tiffany gave a wink.

"Why would I do that?" Jessica scoffed.

"You've been talking to him a lot recently, try ask him, after all his well-known" Tiffany said. I didn't quite agree with Tiffany but it's worth to try.


I waited for Kevin at corridors since it was the girls' request. Moments later, he came rihgt on time. He looked more dashing than yesterday.

"Is there something wrong?" Kevin asked. I gave him my phone and showed the message.

"You got blackmailed? How did this happened?" he asked.

"I don't know besides I don't even remember I had enemies before" I said. He looked at my phone as if he was trying to find out who the blackmailer is. Then, his thumbs were slightly moving at my phone.

"Here, I gave you my number in case of danger" he said.

"Are you saying that you-"

"I'll protect you"

"..."

"We maybe are just friends but I don't like to see my friend suffer" he said. He went off since he still had his 8th period. Seeing him care about me was just something unusual, looks like I'm protected.