The Diva

A New Life

  It has been a week since the big move. Jessica began to adapt herself to the school. Besides Tiffany, she met lots of friends. The teachers were quite interesting for Jessica even though they could get weird sometimes. When the lunchbreak bell rang, the class quickly took out their lunches. "What did you brought, Jess?" Tiffany asked. "Just the usual, kimbap with eggs, Yoona?" Jessica said. "Rice with seaweed and kimchi" Yoona said. "What did you brought, Fany?" Taeyeon asked. "Nothing, just pasta" Tiffany said. The other three girls rounded their eyes. "Seriously, pasta?" Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "What? I'm still not used to Korean food yet" Tiffany ate her pasta. Jessica gave a small smile as she watch her friends funny reactions.

   Jessica gave a quick look at her watch. Lunchbreak will end in half an hour. "Uh guys, I'm gonna go to the toilet for a while" Jessica said. "Me too" Yoona said. "I'll come too, looks like Tiffany has a private time with her pasta for a while" Taeyeon pinched Tiffany on the cheek. "Yeah! Go ahead without me" Tiffany said, continued eating her pasta. The three girls were on their way to the toilet an uddenly Jessica bumped to a girl group of three. "Oh my Gosh, I'm so sorry!" Jessica appologized. The girl in the middle finally turned herself and so does the other two. Taeyeon and Yoona was frozen.

"Are you blind, girl? Can't you see someone is walking here?!" one of the two girls shouted. The whole class of 2-B were watching at what was all the commotion outside. "Excuse me??" Jessica said. "W-Well Nicole, w-we can talk about this, r-right?" Taeyeon grabbed Jessica an moved slightly away from the girls. "That's right Nicole , it's just a small matter" said the other girl, Hyomin. "But she bumped Gyuri, Hyomin!" Nicole gave a frustrated look. Hyomin? Jessica thought. Then, Gyuri turned to Jessica. "Are you a transferred student?" Gyuri asked. "Um, have you ever see me in this school? If you haven't, of course I'm a newbie here!" Jessica exclaimed. Taeyeon and Yoona surprised at Jessica's confrontation. "What the heck?!" Nicole almost going to slapped Jessica but quickly grabbed by Gyuri. "Gyuri, what are you doing?" Nicole said. "That's enough!" Gyuri said. Then, Gyuri turned back to Jessica. "You've got guts, I see" Gyuri said. Jessica looked at Gyuri coldly. "Yeah, what about it?" Jessica said. Gyuri then continued her way and tapped on Jessica's shoulder. "Not bad for a newbie" Then, Gyuri, Hyomin and Nicole went away. "Sica-yah, gwenchana?" Taeyeon asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" Jessica curled up her fist.

After all the commotions, Jessica, Yoona and Taeyeon went back to the class. The class went silent as they entered. It felt weird with the silence of the class, but Jessica didn't bothered to care. All she thinked about was Gyuri and her minions. "Hey, what happened, Sica?" Tiffany asked. "Nothing actually, just a little pissed off" Jessica said. "About 'them'?" Tiffany said. "What do you mean 'them'?" Jessica gave a questioned look. "Those girls are the divas of the school. Park Gyuri, the leader of the group, whom her father is the head of The Park International Trading Company a.k.a the most powerful man in Korea, if you mess with her, she will do anything to get you expel from school" Tiffany said. "What about Nicole?" Jessica asked. "One thing about her is that she is also from America and her father is a well-known business man" Tiffany said. "Hyomin?" Jessica asked again. "As I said before, she's my crush's boyfriend and her grandfather is the second most powerful man in Korea" Tiffany explained. Jessica nodded lightly as in she got what Tiffany said.

"But be careful of Gyuri" Tiffany said. "Why?" Jessica asked. "And also try to stay out of her way though" Tiffany said. Jessica gave a confusing look. "I heard rumours that said Gyuri broke up with her boyfriend, Kevin Woo a month ago" Tiffany said. "Who's Kevin Woo? Another American?" Jessica asked. "Oh! I know this story" Taeyeon said as she and Yoona sat behing Jessica and Tiffany. "Fire away, Taeyeon" Tiffany said. "I don't know exactly why Kevin broke up with Gyuri but what I know is that after he broke up with her, Gyuri locked herself in her room for three days, crazy huh?" Taeyeon said. "Yeah, crazy, but she looked calm" Jessica said. "That's because she is trying so hard to get back in touch with Kevin, before he finds another girl" Yoona said. Jessica silent for a moment.

Moments later, a good-looking, innocent and quite tall boy went through the corridor. "Omo, omo,omo, that's him! Kevin Woo" Taeyeon exclaimed. The girls quickly turned to the window and saw Kevin talking to another guy. "Isn't he perfect?" Taeyeon gave an innocent face. "He's cute too" Jessica said. "Oooh! Look who's talking now, Ms I-don't-easily-fall-for-boys'-charms" Tiffany teased. "I'm just saying that he's cute not that I like him, ok?" Jessica said. "Yeah, for now" Tiffany said as their Physics teacher had entered the class.