Exams

A New Life

After a month being in the school, it was time to prepare for the mid-year examination. The girls were nervous as ever for the exam as they've heard that the exam got tougher than the previous exams.

"Can I not take the exam?" Taeyeon said.

"Oh please dear, of course not! It is compulsory for all students to take the exam and required to pass them" Tiffany said.

SSSSHHH!!! As the librarian past through them. "Great, I really hate those guys" Taeyeon whispered. "Unless if you keep quiet in a Library it would be much useful, Taeyeon-ah" Jessica whispered. Taeyeon gave a smug face.

"Is the exams here really that hard?" Jessica asked. "Most of the time" Yoona replied. "Unless the 'Ironman' trying to chop our heads off" Taeyeon said. "Who?" Jessica confused. "Our beloved disciplinary teacher, Mr. Kim Dae Joon a.k.a Ironman" Yoona said.

"What's so bad about him?" Jessica asked. 

"He really is a strict teacher, he even expelled a kid for not wearing school uniforms properly" Tiffany said. "Plus, he likes to increase the exam's difficulty to extremely hard level until we cried so hard by just looking at the questions" Yoona said. Jessica rounded her eyes as she was surprised to see the girls' feedback. 

"Why on earth would he do that?" Jessica asked. The girls raised their shoulders as in they don't know why. 


When Jessica was trying to find some books for revisions at the science section, she heard a quite loud conversation opposite her row. As she checked out, it was Gyuri with Kevin. They were like having a hard time conversation with each other. 

"How long are you going to keep doing this, Gyuri-ah? We're done." Kevin said.

"Please Kevin, just give me one more chance, I'll promise I'll it make up to you" Gyuri holding Kevin's hand. Kevin quickly let go of Gyuri's hand.

"Kevin..."

"I think I've made myself clear enough" Kevin said. Then, Kevin left, leaving Gyuri with tears in rolling down her face.

Jessica quickly went away before she got caught for ears-dropping. Then, Jessica joined back to the girls at their studying spot.

"Oh you're back" Tiffany whispered.

"Hey, when I was finding my book, I think I saw Gyuri and Kevin at the Japanese section, they were having a bad time conversation I heard" Jessica said. 

"Oh, they're always like that, just let it be" Taeyeon said. 

"Doesn't Kevin felt tired facing Gyuri all the time just because Gyuri wanted to be with him again? It's kind of annoying though" Yoona said.

"They've been like that since the day they broke up, kind of sad if you keep talking about it" Tiffany suddenly grabbed a tissue and wiped her tears in her eyes. Jessica didn't mind her friends as she was thinking about Kevin and Gyuri. Seriously, why should I think about them? It's their problem but why should I worry? Jessica thought.

"Looks like someone is about to care for someone..." Tiffany said. 

"No, I'm not" Jessica replied. Tiffany and Taeyeon gave a suspicious look to Jessica but Jesica didn't even look at them.


The next morning was the big day. The mid-year examination. Most of the students studied very hard because they anticipated that maybe the questions were made by the 'Ironman' or Mr Kim Dae Joon. 

The first paper was Physics. As the papers were distributed to each of the students, they started the exam. There were many reactions about the exams especially the four best friends.

Taeyeon was scratching her head as she saw the questions, Tiffany didn't move a muscle as she was shocked to see the question, Yoona stared at the paper as she was blanked what does the question wanted and as for Jessica, she answered the questions calmy without any fusses or worries like the three girls.

Two weeks later, the results had posted on the notice board. Everybody were anticipated about the results.

"Oh my God! The results are out! Ottokke?!" Taeyeon shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Sshh! The whole world will hear you" Tiffany slapped lightly at Taeyeon's shoulder. 

"Aren't you worried, Sica?" Yoona asked. 

"A little bit, why?" Jessica said.

"Oh nothing, I'm just glad you're not like those two, they were texting like crazy last night about the results" Yoona sighed. Jessica just laughed at what Yoona said.

Then, the four best friends finally went to the notice board. They squeezed themselves so that they could get to the first row. As they made it to the front, the girls were surprised to death of the results, especially Jessica. 

 

No. 1  KEVIN WOO SUNG HYUN

No. 2  JESSICA JUNG SOO YEON

No. 3  PARK GYURI

No. 4  PARK SUN YOUNG (Hyomin)

No. 5  NICOLE JUNG YONG JOO

 

The girls couldn't even blinked as they saw the results. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS RESULTS?!?!" Taeyeon shouted, scratching her head. "They're like the worst nightmare ever!" Tiffany suddenly sat on the floor. "I can't even look at myself!" Yoona started to hit herelf on the wall. Jessica just stood still in front of the board. 

"Or is it just me or I'm in the middle of the popular ones?" Jessica's voice started to sound shaky. 

"You bet you are" Yoona said.

"I didn't know you were this smart" Taeyeon patted on Jessica's shoulder.

"Wasn't the exam hard for you?" Tiffany asked.

"Was it?" Jessica gave a confusing look. The girls gasped at her reaction. Jessica looked more confusing watching their reaction.

"Sica-yah! Those questions were extremely hard made by the 'Ironman'!" Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's shoulder. 

"Well, I didn't think it was hard anyway, come on let's go to the cafeteria" Jessica said. When the girls left, Gyuri and her minions went to check the results. They also were quite surprised of the results.

"The new girl is smart too, don't you think?" Hyomin said. Gyuri nodded. 

"Looks like I lost to a new girl, pity" Nicole scoffed. Then, Kevin arrived next to the girls.

"Kevin!" Gyuri called. Kevin didn't look to her direction.

"Congratulations on your excellent results" Then, Kevin left without another word.

"What a jerk" Nicole said. 

"Let's go, we should get going" Gyuri said. As Gyuri and her minions left, a good-looking, charismatic looking guy stood in front of the board. "Jessica Jung, huh?" he said. It was Kim Myungsoo a.k.a L. 


As Jessica went out of the toilet, she startled as she saw Kevin outside. "You're Jessica Jung, right?" Kevin said.

"Yes" Jessica replied. 

"Nothing actually, just...can you meet me on the rooftop after school, I need to talk to you" Kevin said. Jessica could not believe what was happening.

"Um...again. Why me?" Jessica said as she saw Kevin's good-looking, innocent face looking at her.

"I'll tell you that later, make sure you would come" Kevin said as he left Jessica. Jessica was quite surprised about Kevin's invitation. She had never met and spoken to Kevin then suddenly he asked her to go the rooftop after school. What is going on with this life? Jessica thought. 

As the bell rang, Jessica quickly went back to class without thinking about Kevin's invitation.