Hello Korea

A New Life

   Moving away to another place is not an easy choice to make - especially to Jessica Jung. It has been years staying in America and Jessica had to move to Korea due to her father's business. The moving had been discussed many times. At last, Jessica made up her mind to move to Korea. Her mom, beside her, held her hand. "Jessica-yah, it's going to be okay, you'll see" her mother cheered her up. Jessica just gave a weakly smile. "Attention to all passengers, we will be landing to Seoul in a few minutes, please remain seated until further notice, thank you" As the announcement had just made, Jesica turned back to the window. She could see Korea from the window. Looks like I'm already here, Korea.

  An hour later, after depart, Jessica and her family made their way to their new house with three moving trucks behind them. Jessica lazily looked through the window and saw the neighbourhood. It doesn't look so different from America but one thing for sure is that Jesica still worried how to adapt herself to the new environment.

  Half an hour later, they made it to their house. The workers helped to carry the stuff into the house. While Jessica was carrying her stuff, she saw a man, probably someone from the neighbourhood, came and greeted Mr Jung. "Hello, you must be the new family moved here" he said. "Oh yes, we've just arrived" Mr. Jung said. "I see, I'm Hwang Ji Soo and I just live right around the corner" Mr. Hwang said. "Oh! That's quite near, Jessica! Come meet our neighbour here!" Mr Jung called. "Ne~!" Jessica put her stuff at the porch and went to meet Mr. Hwang.

"Anneyounghaseyo, I'm Jung Soo Yeon but you can call me Jessica" Jessica bowed 90 degrees and gave a lovely smile. "Aigoo~ what a beautiful daughter you have here" Mr. Hwang said. "I have another daughter, Krystal, helping my wife out inside the house" Mr. Jung. "I believe she is also beautiful like Jessica-shi over here" Jessica blushed with all the praise. "Jessica, this man also moved from America" Mr. Jung said. "Chincha?" Jessica surprised. "Yes, I have a daughter at your age, her name is Hwang Miyoung but call her Tiffany" said. Mr. Hwang. Jessica looked around the place. "Where is she?" she asked. "Oh, today is school, she'll be back at 5 perhaps" said Mr. Hwang. Jessica sighed in disappointment. After meeting Mr. Hwang and cleaned the house up, Jessica went to the park to get some fresh air.

  While walking to the park, suddenly she bumped into someone, a high school student. "Ah mianhe! gwenchana?" she asked, helping Jessica up. "Ne, gwenchana, sorry I didn't see you there" Jessica appologized. "Oh no, I should be sorry because I was in a rush" the girl said. "I'm Hwang Miyoung but you can call me Tiffany" the girl held out her hand. "Oh, you must be Mr. Hwang's daughter, my name is Jung Soo Yeon but call me Jessica" Jessica gave her lovely smile again. "Oh! you must be from the new family that just moved in, from America, right?" Tiffany said. Jessica nodded. "That's awesome, another American!" Tiffany grabbed Jessica's shoulders. Jessica said nothing but gave a sheeplish smile. She's quite different from her dad, perhaps...too different. Jessica thought. "Come on, let's go home together, gajya!" Tiffany grabbed Jessica's hand. Jessica just smiled at her action.

  That night, Jessica and her family was having dinner. "So, how's the neighbourhood?" Mr. Jung asked. "It was okay and I met someone at the park" Jessica said. "ooh! Is it a boy?" Krystal gave a curious look. "Aniyo! It was Tiffany, Mr. Hwang's the daughter" Jessica said. "How is she?" Her mom asked. "She's cool, nice and a bright girl" Jessica said, choowing her stake. "Well that's great, met a new friend in just a few hours" Mrs. Jung said. "I bet you're gonna be just fine at your new school" Mr Jung said. Jessica just gave a smile at what her dad just said.


 The next morning, Jessica was getting ready to go to school. She went downstairs and had her favourite breakfast, toast with strawberry jam. Then, the doorbell rang. "I wonder who could that be, Jessica, check it out, would you?" he mom said. Jessica went to the door and gave Jessica a surprised look. It was Tiffany. 

" Anneyoung, Jessica! ready for school?" Tiffany said. "Yeah, I'll be in a minute" Jessica quickly grabbed her bag and gave her mom a goodbye kiss. "See you mom! I'm going to school with Tiffany!" Jessica quickly put on her shoes. "Okay, be careful!" Mrs. Jung replied. "Why, she's in a pretty good mood early in the morning" Krystal continued eating her breakfast. "That's your sister alright" said Mrs. Jung.

Along the way, Tiffany and Jessica were talking endlessly. "You're gonna be fine in this school, it's great, and got cute guys too" Tiffany said. "Thanks but I don't easily fall for boys' charms" Jessica said. "Oh no, you will, last time I felt like dying just looking at his face" Tiffany said. "Who are we talking about?" Jessica confused. "Alright, Kim Myungsoo or his cool name is L and he is so freakin' hot!" Tiffany shrieked. "If you like him, why didn't you use your 'charms' to get his attention?" Jessica asked. "Well, everyone wanted to but now he's Hyomin's boyfriend" Tiffany sounded disappointed. "Who?" Jessica asked. "She's the second Diva of the school" Tiffany said. "What do you mean 'second'? Who's the first?" Jessica asked again. "You'll see" Tiffany said. Even though, Jessica had no idea what Tiffany said, she just nodded.

Gongju High School, known for it's best academic results in the whole country. The school also represented the country in many curricular activities such as archery, basketball and other sports. 

As Jessica and Tiffany made to the school gate, "Here we are, Gongju High School" said Tiffany. Jessica looked around the school. It was quite big and the student also are smart-looking too. "Let's go!" Tiffany grabbed Jessica's hand. Jessica went to the office and took her schedule along while Tiffany was waiting for her outside. "So, what class are you in?" Tiffany asked. "Oh, it's um...class 2-B, I guess" Jessica said. "Really?? We're in the same class!" Tiffany said happily. "Oh really? That's great!" Jessica said. Without wasting any time, they quickly went to class.

Class 2-B;

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jung Soo Yeon or you could call me Jessica as I am from San Fransisco, America, nice to meet you!" Jessica did her usual 90 degrees bow. "Very well then Ms. Jung, you'll be seating beside Ms. Hwang" said the homeroom teacher, Mr. Choi. As Jessica sat at her seat, everyone especially the guys were staring her, probably because she's beautiful but Jessica didn't mind that as she hoped to cope well with the school.