Chapter 21

Imagine You, Imagine Me.

As my plane landed in Singapore, I was ready to start anew. I was ready to lead a life without Kris by my side anymore. Kris, someone who has been really important to me, I was finally able to let him go. I was greeted by Jake and Tia, immediately I hugged and said my greets to both. We exchanged; it’s been a while, I’m glad you are back.

We head off to the car park and Jake placed my luggage in the trunk. I sat behind the passenger seat and Tia was already feeling very excited. I never expected to leave Singapore with a few friends but I was glad I had stayed at the guest house instead of a hotel. I was glad I have found a few friends who weren’t related to Kris. Now, I’m back in Singapore, looking forward to gaining new friends.

“Have you found a place to stay?” Tia asked as the car started to move.

“I’m checking the place out tomorrow” I answered her.

“I was wishing you would just stay over at ours” Tia turned around, “It would be great, we need some company”

“Oh?” I asked.

“My parents are going away; they have this sort of travelling plans. Going around Europe they say. How can we possibly manage the guest house all by ourselves” Tia explained.

“I’m sure you two will manage, you were great while I had stayed” I encouraged Tia and Jake. Jake only smiled at my words.

“I hope so, with work and those assignments!” Tia exclaimed and the three of us laughed at her words. I’ve always felt comfortable with them.

I decided to stay at the guest house for the night, I will check out the apartment I plan on leasing the day after. I have a lot of things to settle on. Registration, place to live, phone calls and so much more.

The guest house was filled with people tonight, some were here for a vacation, a stopover and a few were staying to visit friends. It reminded me of the night I first arrived in Singapore. I said my hello and walked into my room Tia had prepared. It still remains the same and it felt warm.

It was as if I was back to where I belonged, I smiled and right there, I knew, I was convinced, this was a part of my fate.

 


 

When I woke up the next morning, I saw the clock and it showed half past eight. I immediately walked to my bathroom and clean myself up. I walked out and saw Jake in the kitchen. He was making breakfast as usual. I approached him and ask if I could help in any way. Jake asked me to settle the table.

“When are you checking the apartment out?” Jake asked while placing foods on the plates.

“11 later” I answered and smiled towards Jake.

“Do you want me to accompany you?” Jake asked and took out orange juice from the fridge. I walked near the cabinets and reached for glasses to put them on the table.

“Nah, I think I could go by myself” I sat down and looked over the other doors, I anticipated the guest to walk out.

“They wake up at nine usually, I’m going to make some Hot Chocolate, do you want one?” Jake asked. I nodded. “Are you sure you don’t want company?” Jake again asked.

“Are you worried Jake?” I teased.

“I want to help” He simply answered and I smiled at his words.

“Fine, I need company. I need advice anyway.” Jake immediately gave a nod.

“We’ll see if it’s a great place. You need to make sure it’s not that far from our university” Jake already started advising. I grabbed the hot chocolate from Jake and took a few sips. I gave him a thumb up.

 


 

We walked out the apartment and only managed to sigh. It wasn’t a good place, it wasn’t near good. Apparently the apartment I wanted to rent was mistakenly given to another student. The next choice was not a choice at all. Jake gave me a look of worry when we stepped in the apartment and I couldn’t agree more. I didn’t know what to say about the place, how can I describe the place.

Jake and I walked back to the guest house and Tia was there sitting outside. “How was it?” Tia asked and the two of us could only shake our heads. “Was it bad? Was the place bad?” Tia asked again.

“I don’t even know where to begin” Jake answered. I sighed and tried to think of an idea. I need to settle in; I need to find a place soon.

“How was the second choice?” Tia asked.

“We only had the second choice, the first one didn’t work through” Jake answered for me again. I was worried.

The three of us sat and thought for a while. Tia suddenly lit up and looked at Jake. “You know, we do have an empty room”

I only looked at the two of them. Jake knew what Tia was talking about, I had no idea.

“The room upstairs?” Jake motioned.

“Yeah, think about it.” Tia said and nodded at Jake. I was still confused with their conversation. “Come on, let’s check that room and see if Lena likes it”

We went inside the guest house and up a stair, I’ve never went upstairs because my room was down there along with the other guests. Tia opens up a room towards the right.

It was more than okay, I more than like it, I loved it. It was almost the same with the room I had downstairs, only a little bigger. The walls were cream, soft cream. Two brown cabinets were placed in front a square mirror. At the edge, two small chairs were placed; one in soft pink and the other in white surrounding a round coffee table. The double bed was filled with soft pink pillows and white sheets. I loved the room.

“Do you like it?” Tia asked and smiled when she showed the room.

I was still looking around, “I love it but are you sure Tia?” I asked, I didn’t want to bother them with everything. It was nice of them to pick me up at the airport and this; I didn’t want to be rude.

“I’m definitely sure! I only use this room once a few months, I really rather go home and sleep at my own bed” Tia said cheerfully.

I continued to explore the room, I walked over the window. The view was amazing; I could see the park and few other incredible things from there. I fell in love with the room. “We need to talk about rent then” I smiled and finally said to Tia.