Prom Night: Part 2

Hope Is The Other Name Of Fullfilment

Annyeonghyaseyo readers......subscribers.....!! Sarang's back.. Sarang's back.. Sarang's back back back back back.. :D Mianhae for not updating for soo long, was too busy.. Exams are coming, have to study hard this time XD Kamsahamnida for being so patient. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Do not forget to comment and subscribe, please don't be silent readers.. I'll be working preety hard for this fic from now on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sarang's POV

We entered the school building with Kwangsan and me, our arms interwined together. Sehun and Haru walking behind us beside each other just scanning their surroundings. The school building was decorated with lights all around it. As we entered the hall which was quite a huge place for the prom, I saw that it was decorated completely with several different colours of orchids. I signed. I really love orchids.

"Oooh Sarang! Look this place is full of your favourite flowers. How beautiful." Haru smiled.

"Yeah! It really is very pretty." I admired. my atmosphere.

"You really love orchids. Don't you?" Kwangsan asked.

"Neh"

"Eh?"

"I mean.....yes"

"Oh" he smiled.

He released my arm and walked towards a nearby table and picked up a royal blue coloured orchid from the flower vace placed on the centre of the table and walked back towards me with it. He stopped right in front of me and offered me the blue flower.

"Can I have this dance?" he asked.

"Uh! Kwang---"

"Please" he insisted.

"Um....alright" I gave up. I didn't want to sound rude.

He gave me his hand and I took it. Urgh! I really am not in the mood to dance right now. I mean, we just arrived. Eotteokke? I'll just dance for a while to not make Kwangsan feel bad. Its not going to harm anyways. Neh?

He dragged me to the dance floor. After finding an empty and appropriate spot, he put his right hand on my waist and with the left he interlogged my right hand. Okay, to tell you the truth, I don't favour any kind of skinship. This would count as one right? Yeah....why not?

I placed my left hand on his right shoulder and we swayed together to the music which was a bit inappropriate to the situation. Who sways to such peppy music anyways?

"Sarang..." Kwangsan started.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I like you." he almost whispered which made it hard to understand.

"Wae?" I didn't get what he said.

" I said, I like you"

"You.....like me?" I asked blankly.

"Yeah"

"Now when did THAT happen? I thought you only considered me a friend like I do." I asked confused.

"I always liked you. Its just that I never got the nerve to actually  confess to you.........until now"

'Oh"

There was an awkward silence between us. Only the sound of the loud music could be heard now.

"Sarang" Kwangsan broke the silence after some awkward swaying to the awkward music.

"Hmm?"

"Why do you love Taemin?" I was a bit startled by the awkward question he asked.

"Eh?" I asked confused.

"I asked, why do you love Taemin"

"I...uh...why are you asking me this all of a sudden?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Can't I ask?"

"Do not answer to my question with a question." I stated.

After some time he replied, "Okay, fine. Its just that um.....I mean, he is just a celebrity right? How can uh.....you even love a celebrity? Love like, other than just um.....fan love. Its not like you're going to meet him anyways."

I was totally starstruck by what he said. It bloody hurt. i simply looed towards my feet for sometime not wanting to continue the conversation anymore.

"Uh...Kwangsan....I think I'm going to go sit now. I don't feel good." I said, not at all in the mood to dance.

"Are you alright?" he asked with a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah! I'm fine. Nothing major. I'm just going to go and grab a drink.

"Okay, then. As you wish." he released his arms from me.

I simply walked away from the dance floor and headed ot the bar. On my way, I saw Sehun seated on the huge sofas in the centre of the hall with Haru, chatting, laughing, enjoying. Atleast someone is enjoying themselves, I thought.

As I reached the bar I sat on a chair in front of the counter. Soon a bartender walked towards me to take my order for my drink.

"Can I have a lemon soda?" I asked the guy in front of me.

"Yeah, sure" he replied and started cutting the lemon and took out a soda bottle from underneath the counter.

This bar probably didn't serve any alcoholic drinks. Well, what do you expect? We are in a school after all. After which seemed to me as hours or waiting, the bartender finally placed my drink on the counter in front of me. I took it and started taking small sips from it The drink didn't help much. Maybe I reqire some real alcohol here. There's going to be a day, soon or later when I'll really get drunk with someone whom I love... Hmmm........Eh? Such a wierd thought.

Will I never meet Taemin? My bias? My one true love? I signed. Suddenly I felt someone sit beside me, I didn't care any less to look who it is.

"How's the party going on? Enjoying all by yourself?" the person asked.

"..."

"So...did Kwangsan say something to you?"

"..."

"Still thinking about that Taemin?"

WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE AND TAEMIN????? Why are they making such a big deal out of it? Plus annoying the hell out of me. All pissed off now, I turned to look who the hell the person beside me is.

"Is everyone competing on who can annoy me the most?" I glared at him.

"I'm not here to annoy you, Sarang"

"Not at all" I said sarcastically. He looked down.

"Do you care to tell me what happened with Kwangsan?" he asked.

I kept quite. "Why are you here, Sehun? You should me with Haru right now." I said to change the topic.

"She went to talk to some of her friends." he paused. "Sarang- ah?" I looked up to meet his eyes. "Did I tell you how beautiful you are looking in this dress!?" he blinked.

Suddenly, the music changed and I came to reality.

"Sarang, may I have this dance?" he took my hand without waiting for my answer and led me towards the dance floor. This time the music was slow, perfect for a couple dance. Was it because of Sehun?

He was standing very close to me, but still quite a distance from my face. Thank God!!! We swayed for sometime silently, until I broke the silence.

"Sehun, there's something I have to tell you."

"You finally realised that you love me and not that Taemin or Kwangsan, Isn't it?" he said blankly, with complete sincerity, yet jokingly.

"Kwangsan? Where did he come from? And no."

"No?" he sounded dissapointed.

"Don't do that Sehunnie." I reffered to his face which was in a huge pout now.

"What? You don't love me. What else do you expect me to do?" he stated.

"Look, I like you Sehun-ah, but that's not the point here. You're leaving the point."

"You like me? Really?" he lit up. "You should have told me this ear---"

"Sehun! I'm leaving for New York after graduation." I blurted out, cutting in whatever he was saying.

"Wait, what did you say?" it struck him then.

"You heard me right. I'm going to New York to settle there, and I'm leaving this country, UK after graduation."

"Are you serious?" he released his hands off me. "You got to be kidding me!!" he said emotionless.

"No, Sehun. Look, I'm sorry. But it was my dream to go to New York since a very long time, before I even met you."

"You are leaving me..." he said and started walking away and out of the hall.

"Sehun---" I called after him but he didn't turn back once.

I looked at his figure which soon was out of my sight. I felt ashamed of what I did. What I did to Sehun. He loved me but in return I never gave him anything, let alone love.

Was this fare? Is this correct for meto leave him like thisand go to New York? I'm useless...

Haru was chatting with some of her classmates. When she saw Sehun, she came rushing towards me.

"Sarang! Where did Sehun go?" she asked.

"He left."

"Left? So early? He said he would drop me back to my place. Why did he leave so early?"

"He left because of what I said."

"You? What did you say which made him leave like this?" she asked totally confused.

"i told him that I'll be leaving for New York after graduation."

"What? You'll be leaving? So early?" she paused. "Wow...I can't believe you're dream is actually about to come true." she continued. "Sehun probably didn't know about it. Don't worry, he'll understand." she smiled.

"But is this fare? For me to leave him like this?" I asked her. "Haru-ah, he loves me."

"Sarang-ah, he should understand it. And he will, if he really loves you. Don not worry." I nodded.

I found some hope there. I took out my phone and wrotea message.

 

 

TO- Sehunnie

FROM- Sarang

Don't be angry with me Sehunnie. I like you, I'll miss you and no one can change that fact. Not even the long distance~~

^_~