Prom Night: Part 1

Hope Is The Other Name Of Fullfilment

---Two hours have passed---

One more hour left for Kwangsan to come and pick me up for the prom. I walked upstairs to my room and took out a dress for me to wear for the evening. It was an knee length, mint green sleeveless dress with a beige colored jacket and combat boots. It was very simple and sombre and thats why I loved it. I put the dress on my bed and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I have got a complete one hour to get ready before Kwangsan would arrive. I wonder, with whom will Sehun be attending the prom tonight.

*DING DONG*

I heard the bell ring from the bathroom. How come Kwangsan is up so early? I quickly went out and changed into the dress, put on the boots and walked downstairs, letting my uncombed-wet hair fall off my shoulders. As I was downstairs, I saw that it wasn't Kwangsan who had arrived but none other than my best friend Haru.

She was also wearing a knee length dress, made up of a sea green cloth. Without just no make up on she looked rather..um.. what do I say.. preety? gorgeous? amazing? Okay fine, I guess you get the idea now.

"OMO!!!" I mouthed. She turned to my direction.

"Someone look at you, Sarang." she said in awe.

"God! You look preety." I said and she blushed. "Save that for your date, Haru." I grinned. "By the way, who are you coming with?"

"Actually--"

*DING DONG*

The door bell rang again and I rushed to open the door. Who shall it be this time? I opened the door to see who it was.

"Sarang!!" Kwangsan hugged me tight as soon as he saw me. Hugged me? Really? He soon let go of me and as he did, he came closer to plant a kiss on my cheek and then finally let go of me. Now for the first time I could see him properly. He was wearing a black and white tux. His hair was well combed and straight. He looked good. As Kwangsan came inside I saw another figure behind him staring at both of us from the shadows. Who was it? Were we being stalked?

 

Suddenly, the figure started coming out of the darkness and towards my direction. As soon as the street light fell on its face I could make out his face clearly. I saw... oh my God... I saw... Sehun? Was it really Sehun? He looked so different. What is that thing that he is wearing? As much as I could make out, he was wearing a complete black tux with a light blue bow on his neck and his hair.. it was set in a messed up way, as if he just woke up from his sleep. Uh! Perfect... Just PERFECT!!!. I thought.

"Sehun!!!" I heard Haru call out his name from behind me.

I was totally confused on what was going on. Haru came out of the house and took hold of Sehun's hand and dragged him in front of me. He smiled looking straight in my eyes. I blushed. Why was he doing that?

"Whats going on, Haru? Why is he here?" I asked her.

"Am I not allowed to be here?" Sehun asked looking at me.

"Uh.. no.. I mean.. yes.. I mean I didn' t mean that" I stuttered, looking everywhere except him.

"He is here because I called him here."

"You called him? Oh...Kay..?"

"Sarang, he is my date tonight." she smiled.

My jaw fell. "CHINCHA???"

"Huh?"

"I mean.. oh..." I turned to face Kwangsan who was busy doing something on his phone. "Just give me a moment." he looked up at me and nodded.

With that, I rushed inside my house and walked upstairs to my room to set my hair. I took out my hair brush and started brushing my hair which was almost dry now. I patiently combed my fringes and settled them on my forehead. After setting my hair properly and talking a last glance of me in front of the mirror I went outside and was about to leave when my mom called me.

"Sarang?" she called.

"Mom? Wait, I'm coming." I walked towards the kitchen from where her voice was coming. She was busy preparing dinner for dad.

"Sarang, go safely and---" as soon as she looked at me she stopped whatever she was doing. "Is that you Sarang?"

I bended and checked myself from head to toe."Okay.. maybe I look a bit wierd but at last I am recognisable." I pouted.

"No..I mean..Sarang.. UH Nothing. Just be careful and come back home safely."

"Yeah mom, bye, I love you." I waved at her.

"Enjoy yourself." she smiled.

I slowly walked towards the door where I saw Kwangsan waiting for me. His arm gestured for me to entangle my arm into his. I folled his gesture with a smile and did what was meant ot me and walked beside him. After all, we are friends. We walked straight towards the parking lot where I saw Sehun and Haru, laughing while talking to each other, enjoying themselves to the fullest. i noticed, that they both made such a wonderful cute pair together. They looked just perfect together.

"So, lets go?" Kwangsan asked everyone as we walked towards the other pair.

"Yeah, lets go." Haru grabbed Sehun's arm. He smiled at her.

I don't know why but at that moment I felt as if his smile was a forceful one. As if he is trying to be happy but indeed, is not.it can be my imagination also.

Inside the car, I sat on the seat next to Kwangsan while Sehun and Haru sat on the passenger seat on the back. All this while I felt as if Sehun was continuously staring at me from behind, I ignored it.

"Haru-ah! Did you listen to SHINee's new Japenese album 'Breaking News' ?" I asked Haru kind of excited.

"Not really. I heard about it though. Taemin looks differnet in it, doesn't he?" she asked. "Probably.. handsome? cute?" I grinned.

"He is ALWAYS handsome and cute, Haru."

"Who is this guy you are talking about?" I heard Sehun's voice from beside Haru.

"He is Sarang's favourite member from SHINee." Haru smiled at him. He did not look pleased.

"Now what is this SHINee?" he demanded.

"Its a k-pop band."

"K-pop?"

"Korean pop." I signed.

"You both listen to korean music?" Kwangsan asked.

"Yeah!" I replied.

"In fact, Sarang has a great wish to meet SHINee. I mean, Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and most of all she wants to see Taemin. She's dying to meet him. GOD!! She's so obsessed.

"That's not obsession. Thats called LOVE." I proudly said.

"LOVE???" Sehun and Kwangsan chorused.

Haru and I gave wierd looks to both of them.

"You LOVE that Taemin?" Sehun asked desperatly, but softly.

"Yeah.. I do.. so?"

"So... Nothing" he said as he turned to face the window.

All this while, as everyone chatted, sehun did not care to say anything. All he would do is nod his head. Seriously, what's wrong with that guy.

As the car stopped in front of the school gate, Kwangsan got of of the car and walked to the other side to open my door. Seriously, I hate when people so that for their dates. Why do they do that anyways?? Urgh!! How annoying...

______________________________________________________________________________________________