Annoyed Again

Cold+Hot=?

Jessica arrived at her home while fuming. She throws her bag to the couch and paced back and forward. She fanning her face using her hand and exhale loudly. She cursed Yoona and Yuri inside her head for tricking her. She inhale and exhale loudly trying to composed her self. When she feel like she has calmed, she sit on the couch and turn on the television. Accidentally the promotion of Toy story appeared and there’s peas in the pod on the screen. Jessica’s blood boiling once again sseing the Dookong. She scream loudly,” Arrrggghh….!”

Mrs. Jung saw her daughter’s act amusedly. Jessica never show this side anymore since she worked at the company, which is since she was sixteen years old. Eight years has been passed and now Mrs. Jung saw this again, her emotional daughter. She found it adorable and funny at the same time. She is curious with the culprit that made her daughter like this. Mrs. Jung and Jessica’s relationship is better than Mr. Jung. That’s because Mrs. Jung focus to her daughter more since she was born.

Mrs. Jung walked to her daughter and sit beside her daughter. Jessica who still busy cursing Dookong and its army, didn’t realize her mother’s presence. Mrs. Jung become worried seeing her daughter lost in her own world. She tapped Jessica’s shoulder gently and called her name. “Sooyeon.. Sooyeon.. What’s wrong?”

Jessica startled seeing her mother sit beside her. She tidy her self and cleared . “No, nothing’s wrong, mother. Just my work.”

Mrs. Jung look at her suspiciously, she knows Jessica didn’t tell her everything. “Work? But I never saw you looks so emotional just because of work. Is there someone made problem for my dear daughter?”

Jessica sighed embarrassedly and hide her face with her palm. “So you saw it, mother? No, there’s no problem with the main office’s employee. It’s just president-nim challenge me to rebuild a company and the employees there that giving me headache.” Jessica sighed once again and suddenly she look at her mother. President-nim built the company together with his wife, so she must know about this Dookong. Jessica hold her mother’s and look at her hopefully.

“Mother, you knows much about the company, right?” Mrs. Jung nodded her head. “Hmm.. More or less.” “So, you must be known about this Dookong company, right? That’s the one president-nim wants me to rebuild. They have weird employees and they don’t let me in when I went there just now. So, could you give me useful information about them?”

Mrs. Jung thinking deeply. Dookong? Isn’t that Taeyeonnie’s nickname? And since when we have a company named Dookong? Hmm.. Honey, what are you planning to do to our daughter? “Tell me first, so far wo have you met there?”  

Jessica answer eagerly,” Guards named Yoona and Yuri. So, do you know?”

Mrs. Jung raised her brow hearing the names. Yoong and Yul? Since when they have became a security guard? Wait, if there’s Taeyeonnie, Yoong, Yul, then the other kids must be there too. Ah, honey.. I think I know. So you decided to use them. Hmm.. what should I tell Sooyeon? “Well, if I’m not mistaken, there are eight key persons there. They’re not weird, Sooyeon. They are just a little bit unique. My advice for you, you can’t use your usual ways to faced them and if you have got the leader’s favor then the rest will be easy.”

Jessica crossed her arms and scoffed. “They are unique alright, but not a little. How could I have the leader’s favor if I can’t even met her? If the security guard is unique like that, I can’t imagine the rest.”

Mr. Jung look at her daughter and pat her back. “I know you can do it. You are my daughter after all. You just have to think outside the box and treat the unique one with a unique way. If you have some trouble, come to me or your father. I’m sure if we could, we will happy to help. If you feel they are useless, why don’t you fire them? Isn’t that what you usually do?”

Jessica rubbed her temple and sighed. “I don’t know why but no one ever did this to me so I think they are interesting? Fresh? and looking at them i felt nostalgic. The thought to fired them never across my mind no matter how annoying they become. I think I’m going crazy because of them and this is the first day. What would I be in the next three months? Huff, I need to make a call and then take a rest.”

Mrs. Jung nodded her head and patted Jessica’s cheek. “Have a good rest, I’m sure you will have a hectic three months.” Especially with that kids. Aww, I missed them.

Jessica enter her room and pick her handphone. She called the Dookong company and wait for some pick up the phone. Not long someone answer it. “Good afternoon almost evening. Welcome to Dookong company. Aegyo queen speaking, how can I help youuu?” the receiver answer with an aegyo voice that makes Jessica’s fingers curled.

Jessica cleared and answer,” Good afternoon. My name is Jessica and i need to make appointment with the director. I Wa..” Before Jessica could continue her words, the aegyo queen interrupting it. “I’m sorry there isn’t any director here and you reply my greet wrongly. It’s not good afternoon, it’s good afternoon almost evening. So I will end this uninteresting conversation. Bye..!”

Jessica’s mouth open wide. She look at her phone disbelievingly. She could hear faint sounds Tut..Tut..Tut.. “How dare she end it.. She.. I..” Jessica speechless with Dookong company’ employee. Jessica inhale and exhale three times and try to call again. She pick her words carefully. If there isn’t director then general just like the YoonYul said. If she could secure the appointment then she didn’t have to face the YoonYul.

“Good Afternoon almost evening. Welcome to Dookong company. Aegyo queen speaking, how can I help youuu?” Jessica cleared and answer using her rehearsed sentence with monotonous voice. “Good afternoon almost evening. My name is Jessica and I want to make an appointment with the..” Once again she is interrupted. “Aww, you are boring and doesn’t have aegyo. Try again next time when you could be more fun, bye!” *Click* Tut..Tut..Tut…

Jessica closed her eyes and bite her lip. Her nose flaring. She raised her phone ready to smashed it to the floor but remember that she bought it using her hard earned money. She halted and speak to her self. “Jessica, this is not you. You have learned that emotion in business won’t bring benefit. They want you to be angry and give up. Remember what your mother said, fight the unique one using unique way. You want aegyo, I will give you aegyo. Just try it for the last time. You have been annoyed all day, add another won’t hurt you. That’s right. Fighting! You could win, give her a surprised attack so she couldn’t interrupted you. Speak fastly and full of aegyo.”

Jessica dialed the number once again and when she heard the call connected, she speak,” Gooood Afternoon almost evening! Hi Dookong world, my name ish Jessicaa. I reaaally need to meet your general. Could you make an appointment for me, pleaaasshh…” Jessica smile her victorious smile when she hear the aegyo queen speechless for a while. She thought she has win. Well, it is true the other person speechless but she isn’t aegyo queen. The eagyo queen has back to her office when the real secretary comes. The secretary named Seo Ju Hyun.

Seohyun cleared awkwardly. “Good Afternoon, Miss Jessica. This is Seo Ju Hyun the secretary of the director. I assumed you want to meet her by saying general. Director-nim has a free time tomorrow at ten o’clock in the morning. Please arrived in time. Oh, once more. If you could, please speak in normal tone tomorrow when you meet our director for she doesn’t fond with exploding aegyo and don’t call her general. Thank you, have a good day ma’am.”

Jessica once again speechless but this time out of embarrasement. Her face red like a lobster. She can’t believed she is tricked once again and made the secretary thought she is a person with exploding aegyo. She turn her body to go to her bathroom to wash her warm face and found her maid standing between the half opened door. Her maid’s mouth open wide and her her fingers curled. Jessica’s red face become redder. She cleared to wake the maid from her daze and glared at her.

The maid snapped back and nervous when she look at Jessica’s glare. She bowed and said,” I’m.. I’m sory miss. I didn’t have the intention to eavesdropping your conversation. Mrs. Jung asked me to called you. I called you several times but there isn’t answer so I enter the room to find out your whereabout. I swear I won’t tell anyone about your secret aegyo.”

Jessica glared hard at the maid and raised her voice,” I don’t have secret aegyo! I did it unwillingly because.. I don’t have to explain myself to you! Get out and tell my parents to have dinner without me.” When the maid has go out, Jessica grabbed her hair and cursed the Dookong company once again. “Damn that Dookong company! Damn that YoonYul, Damn that aegyo queen!!!” Jessica throw her self at her bed and burried her face on her pillow. She hit and kick the air to vent her frustration.

Mr and Mrs. Jung peek at their daughter and smile. They walk back to the dinning room and eat peacefully. “Looks like your plan proceed smoothly. I can’t believe you asked that kids to do this. What exactly you said to Taeyeonnie so that she helped you willingly?” Mrs. Jung asked.

Mr. Jung smile gently, a smile that she wants to give her daughter but can’t because of the awkwardness. “I just said to her that no one else could help her future wife to become a human and I missed my daughter calling me daddy just like when she was toddler. She used to call us Mommy and Daddy, right? She is so formal to us now.”

Mrs. Jung drink her warm tea and hummed approvingly. “So you are saying you will let Taeyeonnie do it using her own way? You do know how special she is, right?”

Mr. Jung nodded his head. “I know how unpredictable she is but our daughter is special too. I have faith that Taeyeonnie could help us.” Mrs. Jung only nodded her head and smile.