Jessica's Story

Cold+Hot=?

“It started when I was just start working in my father’s company. He wants me to learned from the buttom. He wanted me to learned how tough business world is. So, I started as marketing staff in the Daegu branch.” Jessica said while reminiscing her past.

Flashback…

Young Jessica working hard on her first task. Her manager asked her to made a promotion plan for their new products. Jessica felt nervous because she didn’t know anything about promotion. Fortunately a good fellow worker named Gretti helped her. Gretti has worked in this department for five years but unfortunately she hasn’t got any promotion. Jessica promised her self when she has became a leader someday, she would give Gretti a great position.

“Tell me, what idea do you have right now?” Gretti asked. “Hmm.. Because we’re planning to sell a water bottle for kids, I’m planning to promote it not only to the kids but also to the parents. We will use a superhero character to attracted the kids and we will use a drama star to attract the parents. Not only using the entertainer, we will introduce the benefit in using our product to the mothers. We all know that in most of family, mother is the one that decided which things to buy.” Jessica explained eagerly.

Gretti smirked inside her head. She is tired being staff for five years. Now that there’s this new and naïve intern, she will stole the ideas to gained her manager’s trust. “Ah, have you decided which character and star you would use?” Gretti asked as innocent as possible.

Jessica nodded her head enthusiastically. “Yes! I will use this cat character and Girl’s generation. I have also received the report of benefits of our product from RnD department that we could promote to the parents. Do you want to see it? Here!” Jessica show the report innocently.

“Wow! You are really prepared. I’m sure your presentation tomorrow will be great!” Gretti said in her fake happy tone. You stupid girl, Do you think I will let you promoted easily? I have worked in this stupid position for a long time! I won’t let you reached the top before I do even if you are the owner’s daughter! Gretti exclaimed sinisterly inside her head.

The truth is Gretti has made the copy of Jessica’s promotion plan. She is planning to presented the plan in front of the managers before Jessica did. She has asked Jessica to hand her the original plan. She will destroyed all the evidence that shows Jessica is the one that made the plan.

Innocent Jessica go to the meeting room empty handed. She thought Gretti would help her prepare everything for the presentation. When Jessica arrived, she looked at the tables and smile satisfiedly when she found the copy of her reports has been put there neatly. She praised Gretti inside her head.

Jessica walk to her seat to wait for the meeting to begin. She took the report on her table to review her presentation but she got shocked when the name that on her report is Gretti’s name instead of hers. Jessica stand up to find Gretti and wanted to asked for an explaination but the metting room’s door suddenly opened and all the managers and Gretti entered the room.

Jessica sat and look at Gretti confusingly. She hasn’t grasped the situation. She thought Gretti made a mistake on placing name.

Jessica caught on the reality when Gretti is the one that presenting her report and said that the report is hers. Jessica can’t do anything because she didn’t have a prove and to worsen her problem, when the managers asked her to present her report, she had no choice other than said she didn’t made one.

All the managers looked at Jessica with sarcastic eyes. The head manager stood up and said,”As expected from daughter of rich man! She can’t work! I bet all that she do is leisuring and playing around! Why would she work hard when her father could give her money?” All the managers laugh mockingly.

The head manager look at Gretti and said,”Good job, Gretti! Expect a promotion in this week! I don’t know how could you made this brilliant plan while being friend with that lazy bum. I’m sure you are very tired. You could take two days off.” Gretti bowed to the head manager to hide her evil smile.

Jessica could feel the head manager look at her so she look back. “Don’t worry, Miss Jung! I will write a report that you work really good here. Continue your play. All that you need is my recommendation letter, right? I will send it today so don’t come back here anymore. I don’t need a lazy bum.” And just like that the head go out followed by all the managers.

Gretti stayed behind and look at Jessica. “You don’t need to look at me like that. Even if you report this to your ‘Daddy’, he can’t do anything because you don’t have prove! Have fun playing around!” Gretti said all of this with her devil smile and walk out the meeting room.

Jessica kneeled when she felt her leg lost its power. She could feel her heart pained because of this betrayal. She can’t believe that Gretti would do this to her. Not only she stole Jessica’s report, she made Jessica humiliated in front of many people. Jessica didn’t cry because suddenly she felt like she lost all of her emotion. She felt empty. Jessica stood up and had her cold expression. She promised her self she won’t be the old Jessica anymore.

Jessica’s father didn’t know anything about it because Jessica transferred from the branch and he has received a recommendation letter. The letter said Jessica is hard working and would be a great worker. Jessica did became a great worker and climb her way up within six months. She keep all her bitter experience for her self. She can’t said Daddy and Mommy because of this experience too. She always remember about Gretti everytime she said Daddy.

Flashback end.

Taeyeon hugged the fragile Jessica tightly. She Jessica’s back gently. When Jessica has calmed, Taeyeon loosen the hug and Jessica’s cheeks. She wipe the tears and said gently,”It’s alright to cry right now but promise me that this is the last time you cry for that worthless person. All that you need to do is focus your attention to your family, your job, our friends and me. Don’t pay attention to other people or I will be jealous. Promise?” Taeyeon look at Jessica with her big round puppy eyes and show her pinkie.

Jessica laughed when she look at Taeyeon’s cuteness. She linked her pinkie with Taeyeon’s and said,”I promise. From now on, my attention and tears would only for my closest people. I don’t want my fiancée to be jealous.” When Taeyeon hear it, she give Jessica her toothy smile.

Taeyeon stand up and go to the kitchen to make a hot chocolate for Jessica. She give it to her lovely fiancée and back to her original position, which is cuddling together. Taeyeon hugged Jessica sideways while Jessica enjoyed her hot chocolate while leaned closer to Taeyeon’s warmth.

Taeyeon cleared her throath and asked,”Honey, I’m just curious but what happened to that Gretti girl? Is she still working in your father company?”

Jessica sighed and shrugged her shoulder. “Last time I heard, she has become the head managers in Daegu branch. I don’t know whose idea she stole to reached that position.”

Taeyeon hummed and continue her question. “I’m just curious, but don’t you ever wanted to took her down? I mean, you have the power now. Even if you don’t have prove, you could fire her. All that you need to do is paid the fine of the contract. You could made her life miserable if you wanted to.”

Jessica shake her head. “If not because of her wrong doing, I’m not sure I could get this position in that short time. Even if it is a bitter experience, I don’t want to do anything to her. I think it’s better to never met her.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with admiration. “You have a very kind heart, Honey. I think I fallen in love with you once again. Don’t leave me for better person, okay?” Taeyeon said and the pouted. Jessica laughed at Taeyeon’s silly comment but nodded her head nonetheless and smile her sweetest smile at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shake her head when she saw the smile. “Don’t smile like that to anyone except me! No no no, I have to married you as soon as possible! I felt insecure, I have to make you mine before someone else does! Let’s meet your parents tomorrow.” Taeyeon pouted once again when she saw Jessica laugh outloud. “You don’t want to? Alright, I know I’m not that good for a perfect person like you. You could leave me if you found someone better.” Taeyeon said sadly and play with her fingers.

Jessica put her cup on the table and cupped Taeyeon’s face with both of her hands. She look at Taeyeon gently and said,”I want no one but you. Nobody’s perfect even me. I won’t leave you because I love everything about you including your weakness.” Jessica leaned to kiss Taeyeon’s lip while saying,” I.. love.. you.. Kim... Taeyeon.” With every syllable, Jessica would kiss Taeyeon’s lips once. Jessica look at Taeyeon that smile brightly at her. “Now you are sure that I won’t leave you, right?”

Taeyeon nodded her head and smile happily. Taeyeon return Jessica’s kisses by kiss her forehead. “I believe in your love. Now go to bedroom to prepare to sleep. Tomorrow we will meet your parents to tell them about our relationship. You go first because I have to called Yoona about my work.” Jessica nodded her head and skipped to the bedroom.

When Jessica has out from her sight, Taeyeon’s gaze become hardened. She took her phone and called Yoona. When Yoona answer, Taeyeon said in flat tone”Found everything about someone named Gretti. She is the head manager in Daegu branch of Jung corp. Found all the information that could destroy her and report it to me immediately. I want her to crashed into pieces.”

Yoona heard Taeyeon’s flat tone and knew that Taeyeon really angry right now. “May I know the reason? Not that I don’t wanted to find the information, I’m just curious.”

Taeyeon told Yoona from the beginning including about their relationship now. “Now, you understand the reason why. Gather all the kids and found what I want. Don’t forget to make a plan to destroy her using Dookong’s way. Understand?”

Yoona sighed and said,”I understand. Dookong’s way means slow and painful. I will add my prank inside our plan and you can’t disapprove it. We will do what you want tonight. Just wait for the result tomorrow.”

Taeyeon sighed heavily and softened her gaze. “I’m sorry to disturbed all of you. Let me treat you all sometime. And you could prank her as much as you want.”

Yoona chuckled when she hear it. “Don’t mention it. We are family, your problem is our problem. By the way congratulation for your engagement. Don’t do anything rated when we around. I know how byun you are for Jessica unnie’s y body and I’m sure you have violated her but please do it in private. Bye!” Yoona then end the call.

Taeyeon look at her phone disbelievingly. “Yoonaaaa!!”  Taeyeon’s face has red because of embarrassment. But what could she do? All Yoona’s words are right.

 

Author note:

Too sweet? Oh My, what to do? I love fluffy and y TaengSic. Mwahahaha.. *Evil laugh* Poor Sica and Bad Gretti. Just you wait, Dookong army would make you suffer.. *Evil smirked* Thank you for all your support and enjoy the story.. Hwaitaeng!!^^