FINALE: The Unexpected Love Confession With A Twist

[ONE-SHOT] The Unexpected

SUNNY

 

Earlier....

 

"So, see you girls next week then?"  TaeYeon said to them reminding them about the opening of her new business. 

"Yes. We'll be there." Tiffany answered with her eye-smile.  Then they said goodbye to each other. 

"Are you going home?" Jessica asked her while they're walking to the parking lot where their cars are parked.

"Not yet. I'll have to go somewhere." She answered.

"Got a date with your hottie boyfriend?" Jessica asked while grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"None of your business, Jess." She said while glaring at her friend.

Jessica just laugh at her. "You have a date. Well, enjoy because I'll be enjoying my hot date with my beau." Then wink at her.

That made her laugh. They then kissed and said goodbye to each other. She drove to the nearest mall. When Chen told her about meeting her later, she knows that she'll be expecting a sweet surprise from her thoughtful boyfriend. In each time he put an effort to show her how much she means to him, she always getting more in love with him. She don't know if she deserves Chen's love and devotion. It's so surreal.

When she get to the mall she went straight to the shops that cater to men. She don't know what she's looking for to give to Chen but maybe once she check out what's in on those stores she will find the best present for Chen. 

While browsing, she bumped into someone.

"Sorry..." She stopped on her tracks when she find who it is. Words just went out of her system while looking at the last person she wanted to see in this lifetime.

"Sunny." Seulong said in his husky cool voice while his eyes not leaving her face.

She just remained standing there like a statue. She wanted to scream at him or hurt him as much as he has hurt her. Everything from their past comes back in her mind. She remembered the first time they met.... their first date... first kiss... 

Like a dam of water, she remembers her first heartbreak. She found him cheating on her with her co-worker. On his bed. He didn't even have the guts to talk and explain to her why he cheated. 

She gave him EVERYTHING. 

But it seems to him, it's still not enough. After seeing him on his bed with her co-worker, she ran to a bar and got herself drunk. Drowning her misery in alcohol. 

That's where Chen found her. He helped and brought her home. 

"How are you, Sunny?"  Does he need to ask her that? After all these time? 

"I'm doing great! No thanks to you." She said in an even tone while giving her a death glare.

He looks sorry. Even guilty. Now he's feeling guilty. After all these years. She take a look at him. He's still handsome as before but looking closely in his eyes, he looks miserable. Serves him right. She thought to himself.

"I know this is a long overdue but... Can we talk?" He asked. Despair is obvious in his voice.

She think for a minute. Then she thought about Chen and their relationship. Even though her relationship with him is blissful so far, but there's still a nagging feeling that she didn't fully trust herself in loving him. And maybe talking to Seulong about their past relationship, she will be able to let go all her doubts and fears with her relationship with Chen.

"Okay."

Then they went to a nearest coffee shop and talked for 2 hours. After their talk, they went their separate ways. She end up walking aimlessly in the mall and end up inside a 24 hour Cafe. 

 Seulong told her that he didn't have any explanation why he cheated on her. He only admitted that it all comes down to lust and him being a jerk and full of himself. He also said that it's only that one time but he knows that that one time is enough to destroy their relationship. He felt so sorry of breaking his heart and after what happened, he don't have any guts to face her. She told him about all the pain that she felt  before and how it changes her view on men and relationship. At the same time, looking back on their relationship she thinks that she also indirectly at fault. She smothered him and expected too much from him. Also, if she really as in REALLY loved him, she will not ran away. She should confront him. And then maybe, forgiven him. Or they went their separate ways without carrying unnecessary emotional baggage. 

She's still thankful though. Because on the bright side, those emotional baggage became a reason for her to know how much Chen means to her.

With emotional baggage or not she realized something that Chen is ....

Her life. Her TRUE love. 

She knows that Chen has his own flaws but she also knows that she will wholeheartedly embrace it. Then something breaks the "spell" in her brain and quickly check the time. She panic when she saw it was already 12 midnight! 

"Oh my god! Chen!" She quickly went out the cafe and hail a taxi. When she checked her phone, she wanted to scream in frustration. Her phone is in silent and she saw 250 missed calls and 100 text messages. 150 missed calls were from Chen and the rest were from her friends. Most of the text messages were from Chen as well. She felt so guilty that she forgot about their date. 

She wanted to cry but she stopped herself. If she needs to beg for Chen's understanding, she will do that without hesitation. Because she realized that she don't care about her pride or how pathetic it would be. Her only concern is not losing Chen. 

After she paid the driver, she ran to the condominium and went to her floor. 

Only to find him sitting on the floor and his head leaning to her door. Her heart went out to him. Unconsciously, her tears fell. She felt mixed emotions. Happiness because he waited at the same time sorry. Slowly, she walk to him trying to not disturb his sleep then kneeled in front of him. Bringing her hand to touch his face that made him stir from his sleep. His eyes slowly opens and looking straight in her eyes.

"Sunny" He said in his husky voice then he hugged her tight. 

That made her smile and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry I worried you, honey." She whispered to him.

"It's alright. You're finally here." He answered. Still hugging her.

She then look at him. Most especially into his eyes.

"I love you." 

She finally said it. By the looks of his face, he didn't' expect her to say those words. And show of happiness appears on his face.

"And I love love love you too.I've been meaning to tell it to you at our supposed to be date but.."

"I'm sorry I ruined our supposed to be date." She said to him. Really feel sorry.

"It's alright, love. And you know what?"

"What?"

"This is better." He said with a knowing smile.

"How's this become better?" She asked him not getting it.

"Because you told me you love me first." 

"Oh." That made her speechless.

 

With just one look at each other. Without words coming from their lips. 

They kissed each other. Passionately. 

Deep inside, she knows that this is the beginning of her own happiness. They have a lot of things to talk about but what matters most is that they know that they are in love with each other. 

And that's more than enough.

 

 

FIN

 

 

[ Author's Note: I would like to thank you all for taking time to read this story and also patiently waited for my updates.]