CHAPTER 3: The Unexpected But Expected Revelation

[ONE-SHOT] The Unexpected

SUNNY

 

1 Month. 4 Weeks. 720 Hours.

That's how long she saw him since Tiffany's engagement party. Since that kiss. Not that she's counting but she can't help but realized what's happening. He's now moving on. Away from her. And deep inside she feels like breaking.

Can she even deny it? Especially to herself?

"Hey. Are you okay?" TaeYeon asked her looking so worried at her.

She wanted to she's doing great but she knows TaeYeon can read her like an open book. "I... I don't know.." She said trying to cover up what's she's really feeling.

"I think you do know. But I respect if you still not ready yet." TaeYeon said. Full of understanding in her friend's eyes.

"I know."

 

 

She walk aimlessly while looking at the boutiques she passed by at the mall. She don't want to go home to an empty house. She used to be alone. Doesn't have any family since her parents died in a car accident.

She knows that she can call her friends but at this time she doesn't want them know what she's feeling. Not yet at least. Then something caught her attention. And her heart starts breaking.

It's the last person she expected to see. And he's not alone. Before he can see her she went inside a boutique.

Something suddenly dawned to her. Like a light bulb.

She's in love with him.

And she's too late.

Why now?

Now that he seems moving on with his life. She can't really blame him. She's coward enough to not gamble with him. It's all her fault.

What's she going to do now?

Can she also move on too?

Or can she pretend that this realization didn't happen?

 

 

 

CHEN

 

She may not know it but he knows that she saw him with someone. She avoided him like a plague to even try to hide inside a boutique. He wanted to go to her. Badly. But he decided against it though. He's still healing from his broken heart.

 

"Are you alright, Oppa?" Luna asked him when she noticed his faraway look.

"Y-Yeah. I'm okay." He answered. Giving her an assuring smile.

"Are you sure? Want to talk about it?" Luna said while looking at him with worry.

"Yeah, I'm sure. So, where else do you want to go?" Trying to change the subject.

"Hmm.. Well, there's this store that has a sale.going on.."

"So, let's go then!" He said with enthusiasm in his voice.

 

At the back of his mind, there's this nagging feeling that he needs a LOT of determination to walk away and let go of her. But in just seeing her makes him want to fight again. Ugh! He doesn't want to make a fool of himself of again. But he knows he will.

 

Can he even make himself move on?

Or fight for her?

Would it be worth all this pain?