CHAPTER 4: The Unexpected Turn

[ONE-SHOT] The Unexpected

SUNNY

 

"You know what.. I don't really care." Tiffany suddenly said. They're hanging out at Tiffany's Restaurant. It's their routine that in between their own busy lives they'll meet up twice or thrice a month except in each other's birthday or occasions.

"What do you mean?" She asked her friend with confusion.

"What Tiffany mean is we really don't care if you and Chen date." Jessica answered. Being shocked is an understatement.

"What are you talking about?" She said while looking at her friends.

"Sunny, we're not anymore in high school where it'll be a cradle snatcher if you date him." YuRi added.

"What we want to really tell you, Sunny is follow your heart. We want to see you happy. And also my brother." Tiffany said with a smile. She really don't know what to think with her friends. And what's running through their minds.

"But.. I'm still older than him!" She said with defiance.

"It's only numbers. No big deal. Some have big s but still manage to have a relationship." TaeYeon answered matter of fact.

Is it really numbers? What if after they got together he'll change his mind about her. About them. It will end her up being heart broken. Again. She don't want to experience that again. Don't want to be helpless again.

"Stop thinking about negative things. Give yourself a chance." Tiffany said. Giving her a warm smile. She took a deep breath.

"I don't know."

"Do you like Chen?" Jessica suddenly asked without preamble.

"Ahh.." She don't know how to answer Jessica's question. But by the look given to her by her friends, they're expecting her to answer it with full honesty.

"No."

Her friends seems like didn't expect her answer.

"What?!" Everyone said at the same time with the same expressions showing that they didn't believe her.

"B-But the kiss.." Tiffany said.

" I don't like him. I love him." She then added. If only they're not seriously talking she'll gonna laugh at her friends' shock expressions.

"Oh." For once, Tiffany is speechless. Then to her surprise Tiffany, YuRi, Jessica and TaeYeon hug her. She can't help but smile at them.

 

CHEN

 

"You don't have a date, dude?" Xiumin asked him while tidying up the bar.

"Nah. I don't feel like it." He simply answered while taking a drink from the beer in his hand.

"I thought you're moving on."

"I also thought so." He answered.

"But I couldn't do it. In every girl, I only see her. Couldn't help but compare them to her and end up choosing her above them."

"Damn. You're really whipped!"

"Yeah. Since ages ago. Let's drink to that!" Then he drank everything from his bottle.

"Chen."

Someone called him from behind. He's afraid to turn around because he's afraid that he'll be wrong on what he thinks that someone is.

"Hey, Sunny Noona! Good to see you!" Xiumin greeted the person behind him.

"Good to see you too, Xiumin." Sunny answered. Her voice is such a warm and soothing. He turned to her and was surprised. Sunny is now in front of him. Giving him her own brand of eye-smile.

Am I in heaven already?

"No, silly." Sunny answered with a laugh. Such a cute laugh. He felt himself blush with embarrassment. He said it out loud.

Damn! He feel like he's back in high school in from of his crush. Well, he is. But not as a crush but his true love.

"Well, are you just going to stand and gawk in there? Or are you going to dance with me?" She said to . He can feel that this is the chance that he's waiting for. And he doesn't have any plans wasting it.

"Can I have this dance, malady?" He asked in a cheesy knight-in-shining-armor way.

"I would love to, my lord." She cheekily answered while their eyes are locked at each other.

With his heart beating so fast inside, it still couldn't top how he feels at that moment. Without breaking their eye contact, he lead her to the dance floor. They didn't really care about the people around them. It seems like they're in their own world. He wanted to ask her if this means that she'll give him a chance but afraid to do so. He don't want to ruin or break the spell surrounding them. But it seems she can easily read his mind.

"Yes." His jaw dropped by hearing her answer.

"R-Really? It's not a joke? You'll be my girlfriend? For real?"

"Girlfriend? I.." His happy expression drops. Regretted that he ruin his chances to date her and make her fall in love with him.

"... definitely will not decline that." She added while smiling at him.

"W-What??"

"What I mean is that, yes I'll be your girlfriend." She answered then she holds his face with her hands and kissed him full on his lips. "Happy now?" Without answering her question, he kissed her passionately in the middle of the dance floor.

And she kissed him back with the same intensity.