CHAPTER 2: The Unexpected Kiss and Heartbreak

[ONE-SHOT] The Unexpected

SUNNY

 

She can obviously see that Chen is afraid of rejection. She can also feel the attention of her friends at them. She wanted to say "No" but looking at him her heart feels like breaking.

Without a word, she took his hand and he lead them to the dance floor. She placed her  hands on his shoulders and his hands are holding her waist.  Then they dance slowly  while her heart starts to beat faster than normal.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"For what?" She asked even though she knows what he means.

"For not rejecting me like you always do." He said bitterly.

"Chen.."

"I know what you wanted to say. You've been saying this since I told you how I feel about you."

She took a deep breath. "Chen, what do you want from me?"

"One chance. Please give me one chance to show you how much I love you. I'll try not expect too much." 

"I.. I can't." 

"You can't? Or you won't?"

"Both.'

They stop dancing. He just look at her and then let out a sigh.

Without saying anything, he kissed her on her lips then said, "You know where to find me if you change your mind." Then he walked away.

He just left her there frozen. Still feeling the kiss he have given to her. And her heart beating furiously. 

Why does it felt like it'll be the last time?

 

CHEN

 

He ran. Ran away from her. He can still feel the rejection. Why do he have to hurt himself again with her rejection? But at the same time, he can still feel the kiss he gave her. It's only  few seconds but it feels like eternity.

He felt himself drain. With all the rejections and begging for all those years, he feels so empty . He kicked  the tire out of his frustrations. 

"God! You're a freaking masochist, Chen! Aish!" 

He got in in his car and drive to somewhere. Just to get away from here.

 

"Hey, what are you doing here?' His best friend Xiumin asked while bartending.

Unconsciously, he drive to Xiumin's bar.

"I thought you're  in Noona Tiffany's party." He added but one look at him his friend suddenly knows what happen. 

"Can you get me scotch on the rocks, dude?" He asked ignoring his friend's question.

"Here." Giving him the glass with the alcohol then went back in tending the bar.

He took the glass and drink it all. He wanted to drown himself with alcohol. Maybe being drunk would numb his heart.

"Dude,  that's enough." Xiumin said while grabbing the bottle of scotch from him.

"No! I wanted to get drunk, man." 

"No. It will only give you hangover in the morning."

"I don't care! Give me the bottle!"

Without so much care, he continued to drank himself to oblivion. Maybe it will help him forget what he feels for her. 

 

He wakes up with a killer hangover in the morning. Looking at his surroundings, he's at Xiumin's pad. In the guestroom to be exact. When he went to the kitchen, he saw Xiumin eating.

"Here's a cup of coffee for you. I know you needed it." Xiumin said while eating.

"Thanks." Then he took the cup and went to the terrace and look at the tall buildings. 

"She rejected me again, you know." He said when Xiumin stands beside him after a few minutes.

He took a deep breath and look at his friend.

"I give up." He said full of bitterness.

"Are you sure? You've been in love with her for a long time  and then in just one night, you decided to give up?" 

"Maybe in giving up my feeling for her will make me get on with my life. Maybe..just maybe that it will give me a chance to love someone other than her."

He needs to try at least.

For his sanity. 

For his broken heart and soul.