CHAPTER 1: The Unexpected Reunion

[ONE-SHOT] The Unexpected

SUNNY

 

She took a sip from her margarita while looking at her friends with their partners. Seeing them so happily in love made her happy for them.

 

She took a deep breath trying to not think about the past. The past that was a nightmare of some sorts. She has moved on. She tried to smile and masking every little emotions she has buried deep inside.

 

"You don't have to do that." A familiar voice spoke beside her. 

She don't need to turn around to see who it is. "What are you doing here?" She asked ignoring what he said.

"It's Tiffany Noona's engagement." He simply answered. She can even hear the smile from his voice.

"Obviously. What I mean, don't you have a date?"

"You know I don't date if it is not you, my Sunshine." He answered using his nickname for her.

"And you know I don't date. And don't call me that." She said icily.

"Can't help it. You're my own sunshine." He answered with his boyish smile. "And as for dating, I'll only date if you're my date."

"Ridiculous." She said with irritation. "Excuse me." Then she walk away.

 

Away from him.

 

Away from something she don't want to wish for.

 

CHEN

 

There she goes again. The love of his life. If it is not him, he'll gonna laugh but it is him. Him being in love with her since he's 16.  From Infatuation to love. That's what happens to him.

 

He just wish that she will give him a chance to love her even though he is younger of 3 years. For him, age doesn't matter. Cliche but it really is. He took a glass from the passing waiter and drink everything from it.

"Careful with that, little brother. I don't want you to get drunk on my engagement." Tiffany said beside him.

"Don't worry, Noona. This is my first glass and I don't have any plans to get drunk especially today." He answered with a smile to his sister.

 

"Good to hear that. Where's your date?" She asked out of curiosity.

 

"I don't have one." He simply answered while looking at the someone from the other side of the ballroom.

"Is it still her?" 

He look at Tiffany and nodded.

"Awww.. Chen.." 

Before she is able to continue, he said. "It's okay, Noona. I'm not giving up." He said with a wink.

"It's been years."

"I know. I did tried to date other girls but... I can't help but compare them to her." He answered honestly. Though it is awkward to spill your heart out to his sister but he wanted to let her understand.

Tiffany just look at him with understanding. Before she's able to continue their conversation, she was swept out of her feet by her fiance, Jaejoong Hyung.

 

He's plain happy for his sister. He then look at his surroundings. Looking for someone. He found her happily talking with her friends. Summoning all of his confidence, he walk towards them. Their conversations stop when he approach.

Only looking at her. 

"Can I have this dance?" He asked her while trying to hide his nervousness. 

He felt like sweating because she just look at him. 

"Please, don't reject me." He thought to himself.