Chapter 7 - Don't Jump!

A Frozen Love

[Present Time]

'No! They're not dead! Don't say that!' I grip the sides of my head, trying to push their harsh words away.

'I'm sorry Lea. Buts its about time you face the truth.' Kai says quietly. I feel the tears fall, and an awkward silence falls over everyone.

'I-I just wanna be out of here. I want to be with Aoi and Uruha. I hate it here!' I get up and grab Ruki's arm shaking it. 'Why must I stay here!?' I hate living here. Its horrible, the nurses hit you and they say that I'm a cursed girl or they might say I'm sick in the head. There's only one nurse who is nice to me, she sits there and listens to me when I'm speaking. But she gets treated like an outcast!' I take a step away from Ruki, when I see him flinch from my touch. 'You think I did it dont you? You think I killed Aoi!'

He stares at me with me wide eyes and stutters over his words.'No. No, thats not true...'

'Lies!'

I managed to kick the door open and run out. Ignoring everyone shouting my name, I ran through the many corridors and up the stairs. It took me about 5 minutes, to reach the top of the stairs. I went to through the door and slammed it shut. I was on the roof.

My mind, everything was a blur. I was so confused, I didnt know what I was doing. But it sort of almost made sense to what was going on. I felt the wind blow through my hair.

My feet moved on my own, dragging along the stone cold concrete. I took a step on the ledge, I took a deep breath as I looked down at the drop.

'Lea!?' I turned around quickly to see Reita in the door way. 'Lea please don't do this! Don't jump!'

'Reita, I don't know what to do. Everyone thinks I'm a muderer and crazy. Why can't it just end?' Tears drip down my face.

'I believe you. I know you're not a murderer, you could never murder anyone. You're not crazy. Lea, this is not the way to end it. Think about it logically." He tries taking a few steps towards me, but stops when I shuffle on the ledge.

"B-But..."

"Aoi and Uruha wouldn't want you to end your life like this. They would want you to carry on with your life." He watches me with concern. I could see the sweat on his head. "Look Lea, you just need help that's all. If you don't like it here, then I'll take you away from here. I'll look after and help you. No more doctors, no more nurses, you won't have to feel the pain that you did here. I'll even take you to visit Uruha's and Aoi's graves if you wish. Please though just don't do it." I look at him in surprise. He's willing to help me? But why?

What do I do?

Do I jump?

Do I let Reita help me?

Or... Should I visit Uruha and Aoi, my loved ones, for one last time?


I'm going to have 3 paradox endings, which means 3 more chapters until this beauty is complete, which are going to be up next!

Please comment on your thoughts about this so far~