Chapter 1 - The Crash

A Frozen Love

AUTHORS NOTE 

I JUST REALISED THAT KAI PLAYS A SMALL ROLE IN THE STORY OVERALL. I WILL TRY AND CREATE A BIGGER ROLE FOR HIM IN THE FUTURE. DON'T WORRY YOU REITA FANS, REITA HAS AN IMPORTANT ROLE AT THE ENDING OF THIS FANFIC.

=========================================================================================================================

[Lea's POV - 2 months ago]

'What!? You can't make it!' Yelling down the phone to my friend, Yuu, recieving strange looks by passer byers.

'S-Sorry! I really am! Something came up so I can't make it.' She's probably lying to me, Yuu has always been scared of skating stuff like that. But I just played along with it.

'Ok, ok! But you owe me big time.' Ending the call, I sigh to myself and head to edge of the frozen lake.

I sit on a log at the edge, lacing my skates on. I was never good at skating but its good fun. I stand up and slowly make my way on the ice. I trip over as soon as I went in the ice. Landing with a thump, wacking my arm on the way down. I got a few sniggers from people, feeling my face go red from embarressment. I get up again, and did a very unstable lap around the lake.

And before I knew it, I crashed into a group of people.

CRASH!

'Ow! What the hell!?' The first voice shouts.

'You should watch where you're going' Second voice.

'Man that was unexpected' A third voice muttered.

'Guys. Calm down, you'll scare the poor thing' A fourth voice added.

I lifted my face from the floor and hissed at the newly made cut on my arm and leg. Someone walked infront of me and kneeled down. He held his hand out to me and asked. A guy who was the fifth voice of the group. 'Are you ok? Can you stand?'

'I-I think so.'

I looked up, but to be captured into the gaze of a hansome honey blonde, with sharp features of the eyes, and small plump-like duck lips. There was a sense of familiarity in his appearance, but I wasn't too sure. Maybe I've walked passed him in Tokyo before?

I snapped out of it when his hand suddenly appeared in front of me. I moved my gaze to his hands. I took his hand into mine, I noticed his hands and body held a slight femine look to it, but kind of masculine at the same time.

He pulled me up to my feet, he held onto my waist until I was balanced right on the skates.

"T-Thank you."

"That's ok." He smiled at me. Oh god, that smile, it's so, perfect. "The name's Uruha."

"Lea." I reply.

"Nice to meet you, Lea."

"Like whys." His name is familiar, wait, I think I might know. "Uruha? That name is familiar, I can't quite put my finger on it though." I say. I notice his body language went tense. I wonder why. "Aren't you in a band? What's its name again?" I ask. Something to do with a newspaper. Ah! I know! "GazettE! That's the one right?"

He hesitated, but nodded. I was going to say something else, but I was interupted by a fairly short man. To me he is short, because many American men are on a average of my height or taller. I don't often meet many tall men of Asian nationality.

"Don't tell me, you're one of those crazed fans? You're even a foreigner, talk about being wack! God, why can't we have any peace outside of work!? Why can't you people just leave us alone!?" He yelled in my face. How rude! I took a step back in shock, the words stung.

I don't exactly know what happened, but I literally snapped. I felt anger rush to my brain.

"Hey! You better watch it! Who even said I was a fan!? Sure I listen to your music, but I'm not a huge fan or anything. God, whats with you!? Just because I'm a foreigner, doesn't mean you have to treat me like this!" I yell back. I notice that I had shedded tears. "What's so wrong studying into a new language and culture, to be able to live in a dream home and a perfect job? You know what, maybe you shouldn't even be here, treating foreigners as outsiders is just a taboo against respect!"

The short man took a step in shock. "I-"

"Ruki, you shouldn't of said anything, that was extremely rude of you." One of his friends said, he held the voice of the third person of the group, who took the appearance of a child. Ah, so the rude-shorty is Ruki.

"You know what, forget it. I was being rude as well, I'll leave. I guess people like me don't really fit in." I say, waving my hands in front of me. "Sorry, for bothering you."

I turned around, but I was stopped, when Ruki called out to me. "Um, Lea? Don't leave, you can stay, only if you want to... Um, sorry, about earlier..."

"It's fine, really..." There was a long awkward silence between us. The guy who had the appearance of child-like figure who held the third voice, but also represented a leader-like role out of everyone, spoke up.

"I apologise for the upsetting events that has occured, I hope Ruki hasn't offended you too much. Please forgive his rudeness. I think we should introduce ourselves properly " I nodded my head, saying it was ok. I guess I can't stay angry forever.

One by one everyone introduced themselves to me. The child like leader was Kai, the drummer.  

Shorty was Ruki, he had the first voice, he's the vocalist, I personally think Shorty is a better name. Seriously, the height of him is the same as me when I was like 10 or 12. 

The person who held the second voice was Reita, who wore a noseband. He plays the bass. 

Finally the person with the fourth voice was Aoi. Just like Uruha he's a guitarist. Aoi was the oldest of them all, at the age of 34, he still has the looks to make women swoon over him. He's tall, extremely hansome, raven black hair, unlike Uruha who was quite feminine. Aoi was masculine, you could tell he had some serious abs and muscle under his jacket, especially with those broard shoulders.

Just like I said before, I listen to the GazettE's music. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but whenever a new pv or album come out, I like to listen to them. Do I have a bias? I'm not sure really. I never really it, but one thing for sure, this Uruha fella has definetly attracted my full attention.

I think there's a wobly boundary line of friendship between me and Ruki. Maybe its for the best if we don't cross paths too often.

Ah, I wonder how the rest of today will turn out...