Chapter 3 - Don't Die!

A Frozen Love

[Lea's POV]

I slowed up and Uruha stopped when he noticed I wasn't moving. He skates and stands next to me. 'Whats wrong Lea?'

'Do you hear that?' We stay quiet as we listened, it was a strange sound. Like a cracking noise, as if something is breaking away. I looked up, everyone else on lake stopped moving too, they could also hear it. It was getting louder like it was getting closer.

! Its the ice! I just only noticed that huge cracks in the ice has appeared surrounding me and Uruha. I grab Uruha's arm for support, as I could feel my body trembling, threatening to fall. 'Lea...' Uruha whispered, hugging me closer to him.

We didn't dare move as we would fear falling trough the ice. The cracks grew bigger around us. Uruha didn't seem to notice that the ice was shaking almost giving away. I felt it shift suddenly underneath us, at the same time I pushed Uruha away. Hoping he wouldn't fall too.

He landed on an safe piece of ice, I heard him shout my name. But it was muffled and it died away when my body was surrounded by the ice cold lake...

[Uruha's POV]

'Lea!' I tried to reach out to her, but I was too late. That small body fell through the ice and never returned. People screamed and skated off the lake.

'Uruha!' I heard my band mates calling out to me.

'Uruha, get away! She's gone theres nothing else we can do!' Ruki yelled to me.

I look back at them. Reita was on the phone calling an ambulance and police I guess. Kai, our leader. He was losing it, I could see the terror in his eyes. Aoi, my best friend. He was watching me with concern. I look back to the hole in the ice, where the girl that I just met not long ago fell through. Lea, I might of just met her. But already I could feel there was something between us.

I turn back to my friends and I whisper. 'Sorry'.

I quickly got up and dived into that icy water. Almost instantly I could feel my body go numb, but I ignored this tiredness and looked around me. Luckily there was just enough light shining through for me to see. 10 seconds past by and I could feel the need for fresh air, burning inside me. In the corner of my eye, I spot Lea. She was quite far down in the lake, but I reached for her. I grab her body and pull it close to me.

As I swam up I realised that I couldn't find the gap in the ice I came through. I panicked as I hit my free against the ice. I kept moving around trying to find the gap. I breathed in water, when I gasped for breath. My vision blurred and I couldn't see. With one last look I saw the light from the surface. I managed to build up the strength I had left and we broke through the icy water. Greeted by the cold crisp air.

Arms grabbed me and Lea, my vision was blurred and I could feel myself drift away. I could feel the contact my body made with the ice.

Somebody turned me over and started to shake me. 'Uruha! Come on wake up!' Aoi? My eyes kept fluttering and closing, I look at him and then I turned my head and saw Lea next to me. Unconcious. Please don't let her die.

I could hear Reita in a far distance, yelling something about an ambulance coming. I managed to whisper a few words to Aoi and the others.

'S-Save. S-Sa-ve h-er...' I slowly move my hand and to hold Lea's pale one. 'P-Please, s-save her...' Those were the finals words I said...