Treasure family! part 2

Korean Gokusen - The Flower Boys of 3-D

“Oh sorry I almost forgot you were here as well…” Hana said a bit embarrassed.

“…you forgot…” Woo Bin made a small comment at her statement earning him a small glare by Hana.

“This is my childhood friend Nana.” Hana continued.

“Hello! Nice to meet you!” Nana said excited.

“My name is Ji Hoon. Nice to meet you” Ji Hoon quickly said with a big smile. The other guys introduced themselves as well…except Woo Bin who per usual manner didn’t say anything.

Nana smiled to them all but was becoming more and more uncomfortable by how close the boys was getting.  

“Are you really that eager to be near girls?” Hana said with a small chuckle immediately making the guys draw back a bit.

“Sorry…” Joon said apologetic.

“We just didn’t know you had such a pretty friend.” Ji Hoon said giving Nana a wink. Nana gave him a small smile but otherwise ignored the wink.

“Who says we are just friends?!” Nana said with a small smirk before grabbing Hana’s arm lovingly.

“Wha-“ Hana was taken aback by the sudden playfulness Nana portrayed.

“Are you dating?!!!!” Ji Hoon said with a lot more surprise and hurt than he had intended. Hana found it a bit funny that a playboy like Ji Hoon had fallen so quickly for Nana. All the time she had known Nana, she was known to be popular and charismatic.

Ji Hoon’s outburst made Nana laugh.

“Sorry. She’s just joking around.” Hana said apologizing with a small awkward smile.

“HEY! Why are you all standing here? You will be late for school!!!” Haneul yelled as she came running up to her students. As soon as she had said that all the guys sighed in unison, clearly not wanting the company of their nosy teacher.

“Sorry I took their attention.” Nana said with a smile. Haneul looked at her curiously.

“Let me introduce you to my friend, Nana, she came to visit from Japan.” Hana explained.

“Nice to meet you.” Nana said making a small bow to Haneul. Haneul smiled.

“So nice to meet you.” Haneul said before turning to her students with a small smile. “If you are not in class by the time I get there, your parent-teacher conferences will in front of everyone in class…” Haneul knew the guys hated the idea of having their parents being seen by their classmates. Right after she had said that Ji Hoon, Hong Ki, Joon and Jong Suk hurried off.  A couple of seconds later a relaxed Young Kwang followed suit, leaving behind Hana, Haneul, WooBin and Nana.

“Aren’t you going to class as well?” Haneul questioned her remaining two students. WooBin didn’t answer and just looked at Haneul and then at Hana before turning around and following his friends. Then Haneul turned to Hana with a raised eyebrow.

“Even if your overseas friend comes to visit you still need to attend school.” Haneul said.

“Well your threat isn’t really a threat to me…more to yourself…” Hana answered with a small smirk.

“What do you mean? All teenagers think their parents are embarrassing.” Haneul said a bit taken aback by Hana’s comment. Hana just gave out a small chuckle before she gave a small signal to her friend before going towards the school.

“What did he mean?” Haneul said turning to Nana.

“Who knows?…” Nana answered with a shrug before going her own way leaving Haneul alone to ponder. Haneul looked at her watch and realized that she herself was going to be late for her classes if she didn’t run to the school now.

3-D had a math class before parent-teacher conferences would begin.

The class went as normal, most of the students ignoring everything Haneul was trying to teach them.

The first one to have a parent-teacher conference was Joon. He dreaded the conversations. With him was his mother.

“So what is your dream for the future?” Haneul asked Joon. Joon thought for a moment.

“A rich husband…” was Joon answer which his mother clapped at. Haneul made a small unnoticeable sigh.

“And how do you want to become rich?” Haneul then asked.

“…by making money…” Joon said as a matter of fact making Haneul slightly annoyed.

The following conversations didn’t go as she had planned either. Several of the students gave obnoxious answers to her question of their dreams for the future.

“So what is your dream for the future?” Haneul asked Young Kwang. Before he could even answer his father cut in.

“He will of course inherit my traditional medicine store.” His father answered which made Young Kwang groan in annoyance.

“Really Young Kwang?” Haneul continued.

“No…my dream is to have a bookstore.” Young Kwang answered shortly. Finally, Haneul had a student who answered something that she could imagine they would be able to obtain.

“Such a nice dream.” Haneul said with a smile. His father wasn’t fully agreeing on that.

Then came the parent-teacher conference with WooBin.

“Where is your parent?” Haneul asked as WooBin entered the room alone.

“They aren’t coming…” WooBin answered as he sat down in front of Haneul. Haneul sighed, she had way too little energy to do anything but get this day over with as fast as possible.

“So…what is your dream for the future?” Haneul asked.

“Nothing yet…” WooBin answered uninterested. Haneul felt like banging her head down in the desk by pure frustrations.

Finally, the last conversation…it was Hana’s turn.

Hana entered the room alone which was almost making Haneul flare up, until Hana calmly pointed to the watch, 3 more minutes until the appointed time for the parent-teacher conference.

“He will be here soon...” Hana simply said as she sat down at the table. True enough soon after Ji Hwan entered the room almost giving Haneul a heart attack of joy. Hana chuckled at Haneul’s reaction to seeing Ji Hwan.

“Sorry if I am late.” Ji Hwan apologized as he sat down next to Hana. Haneul just shook her head.

“Ehm…why?” Haneul said pointing between the two.

“Ji Hyuk didn’t tell you?” Ji Hwan asked.

“Told me what?” Haneul asked curiously.  Ji Hwan looked at Hana who was ignoring him.

“I am Ji Hyuk’s only guardian.” Ji Hwan said not wanting to say too much about Hana’s situation. Haneul looked over at Hana who was still ignoring the two adults in the room. Haneul was silent for a minute before starting to ask questions about Hana’s dream for the future.

“So what is your dream for the future?” Haneul asked with a small smile.

“I want to be a writer.” Hana said without further fuzz. Haneul smiled.

“How nice!”

After another 20 minutes of conversations it was finally over.

“Thanks for today.” Ji Hwan said with a smile to Haneul who smiled back and almost acted like a giddy high school girl in love.

“Ehm…” Hana said making the two adults look at her.

“Aren’t we late Ji Hwan-hyung…?” Hana asked Ji Hwan.

“Ah yes, we should leave now. Otherwise I fear we will have to deal with a fuming Sarang.” Ji Hwan said with a small laugh.

“Sarang?...” Haneul whispered to herself after Ji Hwan and Hana had left.

“I hear Nana is in Seoul?” Ji Hwan asked as they entered his car. Hana just nodded.

“Why not invite her home and you can have a sleepover?” Ji Hwan asked with a smile. Hana looked at him and then smiled.

“I would love that.” Hana answered.