Jealous

Paper and Wine

Title: Jealous

Author: immortalsoul123

Date Posted: July 13, 2011

Pairings: KyuMin, SunSun, ShinSun

Characters: Super Junior

Kind: Songfic

Rating: PG

Genre: Angst, Romance

Author Notes: Happy 137 day! KyuMin day, or Joy Day~♥ This is a fic requested by lovekibummie, my ultimate KyuMin partner and spazzer~♥ This fic is a songfic for Jealous by Nina. This fic is written for 2 hours only, so I guess it's badly written. OTL

Warning: Contains SunSun pairing. Hehe. You'll know why. LOL Badly written... Uhm... not beta-ed. I am not used to. LOL

Summary: Sungmin introduces a new girlfriend. Everyone approves of it, but not Kyuhyun.

***

Jealous

Jealous of the girl who caught your eye

One of my darker days

Sungmin walks in the bar where he and his friends usually hang out together. Unusually, he takes a woman with her. No one knows who she is until Sungmin introduces her to everyone.

“This is Sunny. She’s my girlfriend.”

Kyuhyun glances at Sunny who at that time bowing her head and greeting everyone. Sungmin’s friends stand up and bow as well to welcome her in the group. They all show a big and warm smile, while Kyuhyun remains seated, looks away and drinks a glass of wine.

Sungmin’s first girlfriend, Kyuhyun thinks to himself.

“Won’t you greet her too, Kyuhyun?” Sungmin asks. Sunny smiles at Kyuhyun and greets him while waiting for Kyuhyun to stand up and greet her too.

“Hi, I’m Sunny. I am Sungmin’s girl-”

Before Sunny can totally finish her statement, Kyuhyun stands up and fakes a smile as he greets Sunny. “I suppose you don’t have to repeat everything. I am Kyuhyun. I am Sungmin’s friend.” He emphasizes the word ‘friend’. Kyuhyun sits and looks away again, not minding the presence of Sungmin’s so-called girlfriend.

Sungmin glares at Kyuhyun before looking back at Sunny. He completely changes his expression as he lets Sunny sit on the couch beside him. “Don’t mind him. He’s just grumpy because his lover left him.”

Sungmin smirks as he saw Kyuhyun becoming grumpier and then he stares back at Sunny.

“She is the first woman who caught my heart.” Sunny smiles and tucks her head on Sungmin’s shoulders.

“You’re too cheesy,” Eunhyuk comments. “Wait a minute. When, where and how did you meet?”

When you looked at her where was I?

Should have been in her place

Sungmin looks at everyone, but sticks his stare to Kyuhyun who is not really willing to listen. He starts to narrate his and her story.

“I confessed my love to someone. I never thought I would be able to do that. That person rejected me and said that I should find someone better for me. That someone didn’t feel the same way as much as I did. It hurt me that I tried to lock myself in my room. I refused eating and drinking, and I even forgot about my hygiene.

“One day, a friend told me to go out and date others, for he was the only person who knew the depression I’d been going through. Then, I followed him and dated someone to forget my first love. It was a blind date, and Sunny was the first person I laid my attention to. She was so kind to me, and she helped me move on. Then, I realized that I needed her. That I liked her. So, I asked her to be my girlfriend,” Sungmin narrates. He fixes his eyes to Kyuhyun who is in turn looking at him. “So I think Kyuhyun is just envious that I already moved on.”

Kyuhyun glares at Sungmin and hisses. “Stop mentioning it, will you?” He stands up and walks out. Kangin stands as well and follows Kyuhyun.

Here I am

All alone imagining what might have been

What could have been

If I had been there

Kyuhyun drinks his wine. He nearly breaks the glass when he puts the glass on the table with full force.

Damn, Sungmin. You are always bringing up the past! Kyuhyun angrily tries to throw the glass to a wall. Good thing, Kangin stops him.

“Stop it Kyuhyun,” Kangin says as he puts back the glass on the table. “You know that you can’t do anything about it, right?”

Kyuhyun gulps as he looks at Kangin. “Sungmin loves me. I should have been in her place!”

“Maybe, Sungmin loved you, but not anymore. Feelings change, Kyuhyun. And to tell you honestly, it is your fault that you become so afraid of what others would think about you if you admitted that you love Sungmin more than anyone else,” Kangin explains.

“I just want him to be happy! I just want him to forget about me because I am not that someone who is rightful for him. Maybe that Sunny is,” Kyuhyun nearly shouts. “If only I accepted him, then this would have not happened.”

Kyuhyun walks back to the private room. Kangin follows him. “Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving,” Kyuhyun says as he enters the room. “I’m just getting my bag-”

Jealous of the one whose arms are around you

If she's keeping you satisfied

Jealous of the one who finally found you

Made your sun and your stars collide

La la la la la la la

She's a very very lucky girl

La la la la la la la

When he finally opens the door, he sees all his friends having fun on the other room, and the old room where they were staying has become Sungmin and his girlfriend’s room. They are alone, hugging each other. They are nearly kissing, and Kyuhyun’s face is getting redder.

, stay away from my Sungmin! Kyuhyun madly curses in his head. He is about to run towards the two but Kangin stops him by putting his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulders. Kangin looks at Kyuhyun and then to the couple, and coughs intentionally. The couple immediately stays away from each other and pretends that they are not doing anything.

Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun who is in turn glaring at him. His eyes are burning with anger, for what reason he doesn’t know. Maybe Kyuhyun really dislikes couple who is showing public display of affection.

“I’m leaving,” Kyuhyun says as he stomps his feet while walking towards where the bag is and gets it. “Enjoy yourselves!”

He turns around. When he is about to exit, someone shouts.

“We will, Kyuhyun! We will!”

It is Sunny.

I am being sarcastic, fool, Kyuhyun angrily exits the private room and shuts the door loudly behind him. You’ll really regret this, Lee

Sungmin.

Jealous of the one who won your heart

They say it's a perfect match

She's gonna get to be where you are

And I don't get better than that

Kyuhyun isn’t able to sleep fully because his naughty imagination keeps thinking about what is happening in that private room. Kangin must have already joined the others who were in the other room. And again, the two is again left alone. Sungmin must have initiated it – no maybe Sunny does, because he knows that Sungmin isn’t capable of doing such things. 

Damn! Damn! Damn! He repeatedly punches his head and tries to stand up from the bed. He decides to take a shower to relax himself. But the warm shower doesn’t even make him relaxed, and he becomes agitated more than ever.

***

“Have you seen Sungmin’s girlfriend, Kyuhyun?” Shindong asks him. “She’s hot. And Sungmin is very lucky to have her. I learned that she is a university singer too!”

Geez, I am certain that I can sing better than her, Kyuhyun awkwardly smiles to Shindong. 

“Yeah, I’ve seen her. Yes, she’s hot.” She’s hot because she makes my blood boil with anger. My eyes burn with flame whenever I see her with Sungmin.

“Sungmin is a university singer as well, and he plays the guitar so well,” Shindong excitedly says as he tries to correlate Sunny and Sungmin. “They are a perfect match.”

Sungmin and I are the perfect match, no one else. “Didn’t you hear me sing? Didn’t you watch Sungmin and I’s duet performance during the school festival?”

“Yeah, I watched that,” Shindong answers. “But to become couple who complements each other very well, it’s rare. Sungmin and Sunny are-”

“Stop talking about them and let us practice,” Kyuhyun stands up and checks the microphones. His band mates, Yesung, Ryeowook, Donghae and Kangin are already in the room. Sungmin alone is the missing one. “Where is Sungmin?”

“I’m here!” Sungmin says as he raises his right hand while pulling someone with his left hand. As Kyuhyun thinks, it is Sunny. Again, he feels angry that he twists the microphone stand adjuster very tightly. “And Sunny is watching our practice!”

“Hi Sunny!” The others greet Sunny, while Kyuhyun remains silent as he prepares himself to sing. Why is she even here?

Sungmin puts his bag before Sunny and let her sit in front of the stage. Sungmin talks to Sunny and introduces her to everyone in the practice room.

“Yah! Lee Sungmin, you’re late!” Kyuhyun shouts. “Go to your place and start rehearsing!”

Sungmin taps Sunny’s shoulder as he runs toward the stage. As soon as they start singing, Sunny is cheering for Sungmin, especially when he is singing his part. Kyuhyun gets irritated that he tries to make his voice louder than Sungmin.

“Stop!” Yesung commands. The music stops and he looks at Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun! Don’t overdo it! You’re voice is not harmonizing well!”

Kyuhyun hisses and rolls his eyes. Now, she’s going to laugh at me. “Very well. I’m not going to sing anymore. Do it on your own. I don’t want to see someone watching us. She distracts me.”

Kyuhyun gets his bag and leaves the room. Sungmin sighs. “I’m going to get Kyuhyun back.”  He leaves the room as well. Sunny follows him.

She'll say you're fine

Whisper words I wish were mine

And they might have been

If I had been there

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin calls Kyuhyun. “What’s your problem!?”

“You know what my problem is, Sungmin,” Kyuhyun continues to walk without looking back at Sungmin. Sungmin runs and blocks Kyuhyun. “What? Are you going to scold me about being mean to Sunny?”

“Yes!”

Sungmin answers. “You know that Sunny is a special person to me! I don’t want you, as a friend, to be mean.”

“As a friend?” Kyuhyun snickers. “You confessed that you love me! Then you’re telling me that you only think of me as a friend? How ironic of you, Sungmin!”

“You didn’t accept my confession! Didn’t you think that it is not a way of treating me as a friend only?” Sungmin asks angrily. “I never asked you to accept my confession! I never asked you to feel this way about me! But I am asking you right now. If you don’t want me to be happy then fine! I can’t see anything wrong about dating Sunny. At least she cares for me! You never did. You only thought of yourself!”

You know I'd fight the good fight

If I thought I'd change your mind

But if she makes you happy

I would leave that dream behind

“You know that we can’t be together. We can’t be and we won’t be. And do you know why I act like this? Because I thought that your life would forever revolve around me. That whatever I do, you’ll remain loving me. I became so assured of myself. But I was wrong. Seeing you being in love with someone else now, it is really becoming painful as the time goes by. She makes you happy, but I can’t do that. I’ll only give you heartaches. I regret everything now, but regrets will never change anything,” Kyuhyun looks down on the ground. “If you love her, then I am willing to give you up. I loved you – no, I love you, until now.” Kyuhyun passes by Sungmin and walks away.

Sungmin’s feet seem to be stuck on the ground. He is so dumbfounded that he cannot chase Kyuhyun and tell him what he really feels for him up until now.

Man, she better treat you right

And give you everything

Cause at the moment she doesn't

I'll be waiting in the wings

“Kyuhyun?”

He opens the door. It is Sunny. He sighs and lets Sunny enter his house. “Have a seat.”

“Thanks,” Sunny sits on the couch in Kyuhyun’s living room. “I asked Kangin for your address, and he gave me this address. Gladly I found you.”

Kyuhyun and the others already graduated in college, and currently, he is working as a musician in one of the biggest entertainment agencies in Korea. “Long time no see.”

“Yeah,” Sunny mumbles. “I am here to invite you to our wedding.”

He immediately knows that Sunny is talking about her and Sungmin’s wedding.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun has not met for almost five years. They had separated ways when Sungmin’s family decided to migrate to Japan. It was a day after Sungmin’s confrontation of Kyuhyun. He wasn’t able to inform Kyuhyun that that practice would be the last for him because of what happened between him and Kyuhyun. He continued his studies in Japan.

He never heard of Sunny and Sungmin break-up, so he knew that they were still together despite of having a long distance relationship.

“Oh,” Kyuhyun sits. “You’re getting married.”

“Yeah," Sunny answers.

After a long minute of silence, Kyuhyun starts to say something again. “I apologize for treating you so badly before. I just couldn’t help seeing you with Sungmin. I really became jealous of you because Sungmin learned to love you more than anything. I know that you are a good person,” Kyuhyun smiles. “Please take care of your husband-to-be. He’s precious.”

Sunny smiles again. “Past is past; you’re already forgiven. I know that it is really difficult to become jealous, because it silently kills you inside. I’m going now,” Sunny stands up. “Thanks. I hope to see you tomorrow.”

Kyuhyun returns back her smile. “Alright.”

Will I be able to see him again being with another woman?

***

Kyuhyun goes to the wedding ceremony hall. He sees his old friends, and his band mates. Kangin approaches him.

“I didn’t know that you would come,” Kangin says.

“Yeah, I guess it’s because it’d be the last time seeing him,” Kyuhyun smiles meekly as he finds a place. He ends up seating beside Kangin and the others.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the groom and the best man,” The door opens and Kyuhyun gulps as he sees Sungmin walking with Shindong. So Shindong is chosen to be the best man.

Jealous of the one whose arms are around you

If she's keeping you satisfied

His and Sungmin’s eyes meet, which make them both stop for a while. Sungmin directly goes in front along with Shindong. “The bride,” the emcee introduces, and Sunny walks down the aisle with her beautiful white gown. When she reaches the front, Kyuhyun is surprised when Sunny reaches out Shindong’s hand and not Sungmin. The ceremony ends and just at that time, he realizes that Sunny marries Shindong and not Sungmin.

But, I thought?

Sungmin approaches Kyuhyun after the ceremony. “How’s it?”

“What?” Kyuhyun asks. He is so confused of what’s happening. “Why aren’t you the one married to Sunny?”

“Why? Do you want me to marry Sunny?” Sungmin asks while laughing. “Let’s talk outside.”

Sungmin walks out from the venue, and Kyuhyun follows him. They stay on a bench in a garden near the hall. They sit on it side by side. Kyuhyun feels a little awkward. Fortunately, Sungmin starts to talk.

“Aren’t you saying something?” Sungmin asks.

“How are you?” Kyuhyun awkwardly questions Sungmin.

Sungmin laughs again. “Stop laughing!”

“You’re awkward. It’s a cliché question, Kyuhyun,”

Sungmin says. “Seriously, Kyuhyun. I am alright, because I meet the person I love again.”

“What does that mean?”

“Don’t you get it, Kyuhyun? I didn’t marry Sunny because obviously, she’s not the person I love. Sunny knows that I love someone else, and she approves of it. She loved me and she knew that I would never be happy with her. That I would only be happy with the person I really love. And that is you,” Sungmin says as he grins. “I love you.”

Kyuhyun faces him and kisses him. “I love you too. But-”

“But what?”

“I am really wondering how Sunny and Shindong ended up together,” Kyuhyun tells Sungmin.

“When I left for Japan, I broke up with Sunny and told her that I could not fool myself and fool her. I could not just use her as a tool to move on. She understood me. Then, after a year, I learned that Shindong had a crush with Sunny ever since. Then they found love with each other and started dating. Meanwhile, I was still thinking about someone in Korea. I was wondering if he was still waiting for me. Or if he had already given up,” Sungmin stares at Kyuhyun.

“I never thought of giving up. To be honest, if Sunny had not been able to give what someone like you deserved, then I would make sure that you would still end up with me.” Kyuhyun assures Sungmin by holding his hands. “I am not afraid anymore of what people would think.” He intertwines his fingers to Sungmin as they both look at them.

"They fit. They perfectly fit,” Sungmin comments as he glances back at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun seems to be thinking something. “What’s

wrong?”

“I think, I am jealous of myself.”

“What the hell?” Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun, puzzled.

“Eh?”

Jealous of the one who finally found you

Made your sun and your stars collide

“Because I, myself, am the person who finds you and is the only perfect person for you,” Kyuhyun winks as he kisses Sungmin’s forehead again.