He Doesn't Want to be His Boyfriend

Paper and Wine

Title:  He Doesn’t Want To Be His Boyfriend
Author: immortalsoul123
Type: One-Shot
Rating: PG-13
Characters: Pairing - KyuMin, Henry
Genre: Romance, Fluff, Slight Angst
Warnings: Implications, profanity
Notes: Actually, I planned to post this on KyuMin's next anniversary, but then, I feel really enthusiastic about this. Hehe. Plot is mine, the characters are not.
Summary: Sungmin doesn't want to be Kyuhyun's boyfriend despite of the fact that Kyuhyun knows how the former feels about him. But something happens, and even though he doesn't like it, he starts to doubt about Sungmin's feelings.

Date Posted: November 6, 2011

***


He Doesn’t Want To Be His Boyfriend

“Can you tell me what exactly is wrong with me?” Kyuhyun asks Sungmin as he enters their shared room. Sungmin is currently listening to the demo of their new song. He immediately removes his headphones and he chuckles.

“There is absolutely no wrong with you,” Sungmin answers and fixes his eyeglasses as he looks at the lyrics sheet that he is holding. He sits firmly on the chair near the desk where laptops and books are located. “Why are you asking me that?”

“Then why don’t you accept me as your boyfriend?” He approaches Sungmin and leans forward on Sungmin’s right shoulder while holding the edge of the desk with his hands. “I’ve been courting you for almost four years and yet you still remains passive about my feelings for you. We all know that we both love each other.”

“Yes, indeed,” the older says and ignores the close distance between him and Kyuhyun. He continues to read the lyrics even though he feels a little distracted. “But I think we don’t need to make our relationship official though. It isn’t necessary because as you said, we both knew our feelings for each other.”

Kyuhyun becomes irritated. He playfully removes Sungmin’s eyeglasses from his face.

“Give me back my glasses, Kyuhyun. I can’t read-”

“Exactly,” Kyuhyun stops Sungmin from continuing his words. He stretches his hand and takes the glasses away from Sungmin who is in turn trying to reach for the glasses as he stands. “Good thing you’re not tall enough.”

“Kyu, you-”

Kyuhyun uses that moment to grab Sungmin’s waist using his left hand and pulls him nearer to him. He is still stretching his right arm to take the glasses away from Sungmin. “Stop ignoring me.”

“I’m not even ignoring you. Kyuhyun, stop this instant,” Sungmin commands as he still tries to reach for the glasses. “I don’t want to play games with you.”

“Tell me why don’t you want me to become your boyfriend first,” Kyuhyun asks Sungmin, but the latter does not listen. “Alright then.”

He then moves his head down to Sungmin’s and meet his lips. Sungmin stops struggling and gives in to Kyuhyun’s kiss. He puts his hands on the Kyuhyun’s arms. Kyuhyun on the other hand puts down the glasses on the table and his right hand lands on the Sungmin’s waist as well. When the kiss ends, Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun. “I think that it is not important to make things official, Kyuhyun. We do things like this even without us being attached to each other.”

Kyuhyun sighs and removes his hug from Sungmin. He looks at him intently. “But for me, this is important. I want us to be recognized. I am becoming jealous of the couples who are trying to be sweet in public. While we keep everything secret and private from anyone. I want to shout how Lee Sungmin affects my life and how much I love him.”

Sungmin pushes Kyuhyun lightly and walks away from Kyuhyun. He gets the headphone and his music player as well as the lyrics sheet. “I’m sorry, Kyuhyun. I think it’s not yet the time.”

He walks out the room. Kyuhyun is left there, looking at the door where Sungmin went out.

***

Kyuhyun hears giggles from the kitchen. He knows that one voice  is Sungmin’s. He can’t be mistaken. He knows how Sungmin laughs and how it becomes so contagious with him. But the puzzle is that he does not know who owns the second voice who is laughing with him.

His heart feels a little painful sensation as he carefully walks toward the kitchen. He does not want to confirm his thoughts. Is Sungmin cheating on him?

“Stop it, Henry,” the voice finally speaks as it giggles. Kyuhyun clears the lump of his throat as he stops. His knees become weaker and weaker as he imagines what Sungmin and Henry are possibly doing in the kitchen. His heart is beating faster and faster, and his face is turning into red. He is being eaten by his jealousy – he has to admit that. He feels that his chest becomes tighter when he hears a loud noise from the kitchen. “I said stop, now Kyuhyun might hear us.”

Kyuhyun swallows again as he hears his name. He tries to step forward, but his mind tells him not to.

“No. He is too busy playing his games. He’ll not hear us, Sungmin... let’s just continue this.”

“I want to do this alone Henry,” Sungmin says.

“You can’t do it alone, hyung, you need someone like me to do this with you. Shall I remove it?”

“Oh gosh, Henry, I’m nervous. If Kyuhyun knows what we are doing then he’ll-”

“Don’t worry, we’ll be done in a short while, then we’ll continue it later, when everyone is not around. Let’s go inside your room.”

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows meet. Maybe Sungmin and Henry are really doing something in the kitchen that he must not see. Maybe it is why Sungmin does not want to become his boyfriend. Maybe Sungmin is already in love with Henry, and he only uses Kyuhyun.

It becomes painful for him that he decides to turn around and walk out the dorm.

***

Kyuhyun does not come back until midnight. He decides to drink all by himself and he even becomes drunk. He enters his room and sees Sungmin silently sleeping on his bed. Yes, on his bed. He is covered with a thick blanket. Sungmin looks so innocently beautiful. He walks carefully and sits on his own bed. He is about to touch Sungmin’s face when he suddenly remembers what he heard. His expression becomes angry and he stands and faces Sungmin.

Sungmin, you’ve been cheating on me. No... you’re not even cheating, because yeah, I remember that I am not even your boyfriend. You are free to do what you want. You are free to do anything you want to other guys. But do you know that it’s painful, Sungmin? Do you really want to hurt me like this? I thought you love me?

Sungmin moves a little and stretches his arms as he wakes up. “Kyuhyun? You’re back? Where did you go?”

“As if you cared. And you don’t have to care. I am not your boyfriend,” he murmurs as he removes his clothes and changes to his pajamas.

Sungmin suddenly becomes more awake after hearing what Kyuhyun tells him. He sits on Kyuhyun’s bed and twists his body to face Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun is now sitting on Sungmin’s bed without looking at him. “Do you have to open that issue again?”

“No. I think I know now why you don’t want to,” Kyuhyun snarls as he looks at Sungmin. “Damn it Sungmin! If you only told me earlier then I wouldn’t be stupidly waiting for your answer. I would not look insulted.”
“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun. I just did that because-”

“You don’t want to hurt me? Well, Sungmin, you already did,” Kyuhyun shouts as he lays on Sungmin’s bed, puts on his blanket and turns his back to Sungmin. He closes his eyes. Sungmin sighs as he gets down from Kyuhyun’s bed.

“Kyu, I’m sorry,” Sungmin whispers as he tries to wake Kyuhyun up by putting his hand on his shoulder and shakes it. “Kyuhyun... I’m sorry if I hurt you.”

“Don’t say sorry anymore,” Kyuhyun orders. “I don’t want to hear anything from you now.”

“Do you hate me now?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun cannot help it but find it cute. Sungmin’s voice is becoming huskier, and it looks like he is going to cry. He then feels a little irritated and a little giddy. He hears Sungmin sniff, and it makes him open his eyes again. “Don’t hate me Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun remains stiff while listening to Sungmin. He knows that that time, he is already crying. And it makes everything more painful to him. He must not cry, because he is at fault. But Sungmin is crying.
“Kyu-”

“No,” Kyuhyun says as he holds Sungmin’s hand on his left shoulder using his right hand, but he still not facing Sungmin. “I don’t hate you. I can’t hate you.” Maybe, I am really the one at fault for making you cry. Sungmin uses the back of his left hand to get rid of the tears flowing from his cheeks. “Come here,” Kyuhyun pulls Sungmin, which makes Sungmin join him to his own bed. Kyuhyun moves a little forward so that Sungmin can occupy the space behind him. Sungmin lays on his bed. Kyuhyun finally turns his body to Sungmin and covers Sungmin with the blanket. He is still holding Sungmin’s hand when he decides to wipe Sungmin’s tears. “Sleep now.”

Sungmin tucks his head on his chest as he puts his arm around Kyuhyun’s waist. Minutes pass and Sungmin falls asleep.

Damn it, Sungmin. I can’t hate you even though you already love Henry. I can’t hate you because I love you very much. And whatever it takes, even if I have to give you up, I will try to become happy for you.
Although I don’t feel happy at all.

***

The next morning, Sungmin wakes up early for his schedule. Kyuhyun is the only person who is left in their dorm because his schedule will start at four in the afternoon.

He is having his late lunch. He opens the refrigerator  and sees a box of cake in it.

“Who bought this cake? But it looks like homemade,” he murmurs by himself and gets the food. Then he hears the sound of a doorbell. He puts on his slippers and opens the door. He sees Henry, and immediately, his mood becomes bad. He lets Henry in without saying anything.

“Hi, Kyuhyun. Long time no see!”

Stop long-time-no-see-ing me. You’re here yesterday, he thinks. “Yeah.”

“Where’s Sungmin gege?” He asks as he sits on the sofa and makes himself comfortable. “We’re going to do something.”

Yeah, I know. And you really told me about it, eh. Brilliant, Kyuhyun continues to ridicule Henry in his mind. “And what are you going to do?”

“A-Ah, you don’t have to know.”

“Don’t worry, I already know it,” Kyuhyun looks at Henry and glares at him.

“Y-You know about it already? Sungmin told you about it already?” Henry looks so surprised.

“No, I learned it by myself. You must be wise enough. You should haven’t done that in the kitchen. And you’re both laughing at the same time! Who would not hear it? Do you know that it’s disgusting? You’re betraying me. You must have done it in the bedroom or somewhere else!”

Henry gives him a ‘what’ look. His eyebrows meet as he stares at Kyuhyun. “How can we make a cake inside a bedroom?”

It is the time when Kyuhyun’s face turns into a ‘what’ face. “Huh? Cake? The cake in the fridge? You made it? I thought you’re doing something more?”

“What the hell! I think I know now what you thought! You didn’t really see us, did you?” Henry laughs as he stands and approaches Kyuhyun.

“You mean, you don’t have any relationship?” Kyuhyun asks. Henry taps his shoulder. “And what were you trying to remove?”

“Oh, Kyuhyun has a dirty mind!” Henry continues to laugh but Kyuhyun glares at him, so he stops. “I was about to remove the icing on the cake because it was ruined. Sungmin gege was really nervous in doing that so he failed.”

“So you’re not removing his clothes!?” Kyuhyun asks awkwardly. Henry laughs again. “Then why are you going inside our room? Why don’t you want me to know?”

“Of course not!” Henry answers. “And we’re going to put a decoration in the bedroom so that when he answers you with a yes while you were both indulging with a cake, it would be so magical, especially today is August 23. Oops, I said it!”

“Yes? What yes?” Kyuhyun stops as his hope becomes high again. “Do you mean... he’s answering me with a yes today?”

“U-Uh, I-I’m going now, bye!” Henry rushes out the dorm. Kyuhyun tries to run after him, but he does not insist anymore.

Minutes later, Sungmin arrives. He already finishes his schedule at two-thirty so he already goes home. Kyuhyun is waiting for him in the kitchen. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun can’t contain himself anymore. He is excited, and he is trying to be calm and impatient, but then he stands and embraces Sungmin as he kisses him.“Say yes now, say yes now!”

“Huh?” Sungmin looks so puzzled as he ends the kiss with Kyuhyun. “What yes?”

“You’re saying yes to me, right?” Kyuhyun asks. “Gosh, Minnie, you make me happy. I should’ve waited more.”

“Did Henry tell it to you?” Sungmin asks. “Wait, I’ll kill him-”

“No need, I’m thankful to him because I really nearly thought that you and Henry have relationship and you were doing something odd in the kitchen, and it hurt me, and you already fall in love with him and you will say goodbye to me and-”

Sungmin stops him by kissing him again. “Kyuhyun, you’re getting so incoherent. Alright then, yes. Yes. I’m now your boyfriend... Now, you’re happy?”

Kyuhyun smiles widely as he hugs Sungmin tightly. “Yes! Yes! I’m happy! I’m very happy!”

“But why were you angry at me yesterday again? I thought that you already knew?”

“Well, it was my mistake. I doubted you. I thought of something else,” Kyuhyun admits. Sungmin laughs.

“So, you think that I’m cheating on you? No, I won’t do that,” Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. “I thought that you already know why I don’t want to be in a relationship yet.”

“Oh, it reminds me, why again?” Kyuhyun asks.

Sungmin moves away from Kyuhyun and looks on the ground. “Because I’ve seen a lot of people who are in a relationship. When they fight, they usually ignore each other. I don’t want that to happen on us, Kyuhyun. I always want to be happy. But Henry told me that it’s part of expressing their love for each other, so I’m very thankful of him. When you did not ignore me yesterday, I thought that it would be okay to say yes to you because finally, I was sure that you would never ever ignore me whenever we fight.”

“I’ll always make you happy,” Kyuhyun promises Sungmin. “I promise you that you’ll be the happiest man alive to have me.” He plants a kiss on his forehead. “Let’s... eat the cake? Then after that... bedroom?”

“No, you have schedule, right?” Sungmin reminds Kyuhyun. “It’s already three in the afternoon.”

“Well, it’s our first day as lovers, so... I wouldn’t miss a chance to be with you today.”

And later that evening, he is scolded by his managers.

But in the end, everyone celebrates with them.