His Destiny

Paper and Wine

Title: His Destiny
Author: immortalsoul123
Type: One-Shot
Pairing: KyuMin, slight HyukMin
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, Slice of Life, Slight Angst, Fluff
Warning: Cursing, mention of other artists
Note: I do not own them. Inspired by Strong Heart with Super Junior episodes. I own the plot.

Date Posted: November 1, 2011

Summary: It was Strong Heart confessions time. Kyuhyun and Sungmin told their stories. And obviously, both of them were not okay with these stories.


***

His Destiny


 “I met this girl during our first fan meeting. I really was attracted to her, because she was so pretty. My eyes were focused on her and I made her as my ideal type instantly,” Kyuhyun narrated to the audience, to the emcees and to the guests his experience about falling in love with someone, and along this line came his eagerness about destiny and something related about that. “Then, I saw her again one time. You know where? She was a nurse who took care of me when I had an accident. And by that time, I realized that she was my destiny.

 “I really liked her then. She was so caring. Then I asked her number, and she hesitated. Maybe, she didn’t like me. Of course, she said that she had a boyfriend already. I think, she is just avoiding me, that’s why,” Kyuhyun laughed and the people with him followed him. Then before continuing his story, he somehow looked at one part of that place, the most left of him to be exact. He returned his look to the emcees and continued, “Then after sometime when I was discharged from the hospital, we had a fan meeting again. I thought that it would be my chance for sure – that she would be coming to me, telling me that she liked me too. My heart was beating so fast as she approached our place. Then it turned out that she didn’t go to me. It would be okay if she went to Siwon. But she went to Eunhyuk. From then on, I didn’t believe in destiny anymore.”

The audience, guests and emcees laughed while looking at the embarrassed (and stunned) Eunhyuk. The rest of the members teased Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun stopped laughing, keeping silent after that story.

After some discussions and narrations, the audience began to listen to Sungmin’s story, not to Kyuhyun’s liking.

“Sungmin-ssi is somehow a playboy,” Eunhyuk told everyone. “He had the most female friends among all of us, having their numbers in his phone. He completely turned out to be someone else when he was talking to a woman. He would just be talking casually to us members, but when he was talking to females, he would act cutesy.”

Sungmin slapped his face in embarrassment as he leaned in front of him, blushing. He laughed and the others laughed too. Sungmin regained his composure but he remained smiling.

“Then, one time, I saw Sungmin-ssi walking out from the car,” Kyuhyun started. Sungmin knew what he would talk about that time, so he kept on chuckling in his seat, trying not to get embarrassed at all. After all, Kyuhyun wouldn’t make it exaggerated, right? “I thought, oh, it was Sungmin hyung. I was about to approach him when I saw four women walking out from the car where he went out! I was surprised.”

Sungmin’s cheeks and ears flushed with red. Kyuhyun did make it exaggerated. The four women were his make-up noona, and one friend, and Yuri and Tiffany from SNSD. That was not that worst! Kyuhyun, I’ll get you later, he thought as he grinned. For now...

When a woman was talking and narrating his story, Sungmin went to her and massaged her shoulders. The woman, who was in front of Kyuhyun, covered out of surprise. Sungmin smirked for a second then grinned as Sungmin continued massaging her shoulders. Kyuhyun, now, what?

Then Sungmin went to her hand and massaged it as well. In the corner of his eye, he saw Kyuhyun laughing, but it seemed that it was fake. He was moving uncontrollably too. He snapped his fingers and played with them, pressing each finger so hard. Then he turned around, and he tried to tap someone who was closest to him, but so no one, so he tapped his arm instead. Now? Are you going to grumble again?

Sungmin returned back to his seat, proving that he was really a ‘womanizer’. He smirked as he glanced at Kyuhyun who was looking at him, not pleased at all. After the show, Sungmin went to the most left side for the picture-taking. And he was shocked to find Kyuhyun approaching him, trying to stand beside him, even if he was two meters far from where he was. Before the camera flashed, Kyuhyun had given him a quick whisper in the ear. “You’ll be dead later, Sungmin.”

***

The two were quiet during the trip. None of them were talking.

The other members were sleeping, others were texting and playing. Sungmin was looking outside the van when Kyuhyun went to sit with him.

“You’re such a womanizer, Sungmin,” Kyuhyun started to converse, not properly calling Sungmin with honorifics. “I can’t believe that you would actually do that in front of thousand of viewers just to get attention and all. It was not cool at all.”

“And what do you think about what you did?” Sungmin turned to him, glaring at him for a second then returned his gaze outside. “You told a false story. You never told that to me before.”

“Why should I?” Kyuhyun asked. “Besides, it was true.”

“Because I’m your roommate and you must have told me,” Sungmin said without looking at Kyuhyun. “You never made mention about it.”

“You’re jealous?” Kyuhyun directly questioned. Sungmin found it very intriguing so he looked at Kyuhyun as
his eyebrows met and as he narrowed his eyes.

“Jealous? Hell no, Kyuhyun,” Sungmin mumbled.

“To tell you honestly, you perfectly knew about it,” Kyuhyun whispered, although Sungmin could hear it. “You did not just pay attention to it before.”

“Alright Cho Kyuhyun, fine,” Sungmin muttered, giving up. “I don’t want to talk about you love story anymore. I don’t care and I won’t care and I shan’t care.”

The van stopped, and the driver told them that they were home. Sungmin, despite of Kyuhyun being beside him and blocking his way, tried to get out as soon as possible and went inside the elevator, not minding the others. He pressed his floor and went directly to their room, then to his room. He changed his clothes, and by that time when he went out from the bathroom, Kyuhyun arrived in their room. The younger sat on his bed, while Sungmin rolled his eyes when he noticed that Kyuhyun was looking at him quietly. He sat on his bed and turned off his lamp before lying down. He pulled the blanket on his body and turned his back on Kyuhyun. A minute later, when he was nearly dozing off, he felt Kyuhyun sitting on the side of his bed, his back facing Sungmin’s back. “You’re really shallow-minded, aren’t you?”

“You insolent brat,” Sungmin whispered. “Calling your hyung as a shallow-minded person. You’re really abusing it.”

“No, you’re abusing it. You are abusing your power as my hyung and as someone special to me,” Kyuhyun countered, putting the blame on Sungmin. “You’re flirting with a woman, then you’ll be mad at me? Isn’t that too shallow?”

Sungmin got irritated so he sat quickly, facing Kyuhyun. “What is it to you if I’m flirting a woman, or taking friends with me and giving them a free ride? Why would you make fun of me in front of many people, even though you knew that they were just friends of mine? Isn’t that a more shallow one, Kyuhyun?” He gave
Kyuhyun an angry look, and that made Kyuhyun so startled. When the younger looked in the older’s eyes, he was terrified to see his eyes, nearly showing flames of anger.

“Okay, Sungmin, I’m jealous, alright?” Kyuhyun finally gave up. He could not stand Sungmin so mad at him like that. “You’re massaging her shoulders and her hand and I could not look at both of you anymore. Damn, it was making me... jealous!”

“Why does that make you jealous, Kyuhyun?” Sungmin asked, now trying to be calm (or now being too happy about Kyuhyun’s confession). “Why?”

“Because you are so close to women, but not to me. You gave them massages, you gave them free rides, you kept their phone numbers, you acted cute in front of them, you-”

“So you’re not jealous because of the amount of attention I receive from women, is that it?” Sungmin’s frown turn into a light smile, teasing Kyuhyun a bit. “You are jealous because you don’t get the same attention from me, right?”

Kyuhyun nodded, blushing. The mere fact that he wanted Sungmin to do such things to him was the exact thing which made him jealous.

“Oh Kyuhyun,” Sungmin pinched his cheek, acting cute. Kyuhyun didn’t complain even if the pinches were too hard. He was concentrating on Sungmin’s eyes. “You really have to be jealous because I am purposely doing that to make you feel jealous. You made me jealous as well, you know that? I never thought that you believe in destiny, and to think that you don’t see me as your destiny makes my heart sink and-”

“You’re really a fool, huh?” Kyuhyun teased as he touched Sungmin’s hands and squeezed them. “You’re my destiny, alright? I’m just making the story a cliff hanger at the same time I made it to tease Eunhyuk hyung.”

“So does that mean, the story wasn’t real?” Sungmin asked, turning his palms on Kyuhyun’s, intertwining his fingers on the younger’s fingers. “You made it for publicity or something?”

“No, not really,” Kyuhyun laughed. “Actually, the story was a bit true.”

“You met someone who was a nurse and who was your ideal type? Were you referring to that same person with huge forehead and that one who takes care of you? So she was a nurse? Where did you see her? What fan meeting?”

“You really don’t get it, do you?” Kyuhyun asked. “Alright. This person isn’t really a nurse, but he took good care of me when I was in the hospital. When I first woke up, he was there, smiling at me. He looked like an angel. I didn’t ask for his phone number because I knew it already. Then after sometime, I told him that I liked him and this guy didn’t really liked me that way. Then one time, I learned that they were tied up with Hyukjae. I was broken-hearted, although I soon recovered because this person later confessed that he likes me when Hyukjae fell in love with another person.”

“S-So,” Sungmin said while pouting, coming after realization. “You’re talking about Donghae right? His forehead was a bit huge, and he took really good care of you when you were in the hospital and-”

“Really stupid, Minnie,” Kyuhyun murmured and giggled. “You’re missing the most important point.”

“What?” Sungmin questioned curiously.

“This person is the one I consider as my destiny. One of the two persons who admitted me to this group and later became my inspiration in continuing to succeed,” Kyuhyun said softly, looking in Sungmin’s eyes who were showing that Sungmin didn’t get it still.

“Is that Ryeowook then?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and sighed. “Sungmin, I don’t know if you’re joking me or you are just so dumb.” He then grinned and kissed the person in front of him. “Now, you know the answer.”

Sungmin giggled. “I still don’t. Tell me.”

“Oh, for crying out loud, Lee Sungmin, it was you all along. Min, I love you and you are my destiny. Happy now?”

Sungmin smirked. “I am just waiting for you to say that it is me. And I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun. To bits. Even though you embarrass me in front of many people. I promise that I’ll give you a ride and a massage and act cute in front of you.”

“I promise that I will never do it again.”

“Make it so or you’ll regret it,” Sungmin warned and gave Kyuhyun a long sweet kiss.

And the two became more assured that they were each other’s destiny.

***