Day 4

15 Days

We were sitting across each other, he was eating his cereal like normal while I was staring intensely at his face. Tears flowed down my face without me realizing it.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked as he wiped away my tears.

“Nothing’s wrong Ryeowook, I just forgot to blink,” I said, hoping he wouldn't know that I was lying. He gave me a sad smile and took my hand into his own, squeezing it softly.

“You don’t have to lie, Kyuhyun, we still have 11 more days together, besides the doctor is not god, he’s just predicting, god determines everything,” he said to me. I could see that he was holding back his tears too.

“I love you, don’t ever forget that,” I said to him with a smile on my face. Kyuwook, our dog ran to me right after I said that causing Ryeowook to laugh.

“Kyuwook wants to be love forever too,” he said as he ruffled Kyuwook’s fur. Seeing him happy makes my life complete. There’s nothing more I can ask for, why did god sent him to me if he was to be taken away after such a short time, is this a punishment for my sins?

“Ryeowook, have you ever thought about seeing your mom,” I said to him.

Ryeowook’s POV

“Ryeowook, have you ever thought about seeing your mom,” he said to me. I never really thought about it. I miss her but would she want to meet me? Will she be able to accept me now? What if nothing has change?

A few years ago

Kyuhyun told me he loved me for the first time since we started dating that night. We were holding hands as we walked back to my house. I came home thinking it was going to be the happiest day of my life, but I was wrong.

I sent Kyuhyun off and opened the door to my house. That was when I saw my mom, she was crying as she looked at me. She told me to sit on the sofa, and so I did.

She sat next to me but there was a distance between us.I tried moving closer, but she kept moving further away. “Is it true? About you and him,” she said, she didn’t sound happy about it. Her tone, the fact that she won’t let me near her, I could feel that she was disgusted with me.

“I’m sorry...” she slapped me before I could finish my sentence. I was shocked, sad. She looked at her hands as if she couldn’t believe at what she has done. “Ryeowook, I’m sorry,” she said before she burst out crying.

I tried going closer to her, but she pushed me away. “You’re not my son anymore, don’t get near me, get out of my house,” she said in between sobs before she walked away. All I could see now was her back, my knees suddenly felt weak. Now on my knees, tears flowed uncontrollably out of my eyes.

“Don’t do this to me mom,” I said as I grabbed her hand, begging for her not to go.

“Release my hand, I won’t change my mind,” she said, I was speechless. I felt dizzy and everything started turning black. I woke up to find myself lying on a bed with a worried Kyuhyun staring at my face.

“Kyuhyun, where am I?” I asked him.

“You’re at the hospital, you fainted last night, your mom called me and told me to come here,” he said.

“Where is she now?”

“I don’t know Ryeowook, I’m sorry...” he said to me apologetically.


I was discharged a few days later, I tried looking for my mom, but she was nowhere to be found. Her number has changed, she moved, I looked for her everyone, but she vanished. I gave up eventually, I can’t believe she’d want to get rid of me so badly, if this is what she really wants then this is what I’ll give her.

I thought my misery would end there, but life is just funny. I was diagnosed with brain tumor not long after that. I laughed as the thought of how funny life is came to my mind.

“Ryeowook, did you hear me?” Kyuhyun said, breaking me out of my daze.

“Oh, I did, but we don’t even know where she is, so why bother,” I said casually, hoping he won’t sense the sadness that I’m feeling.

“But I do! I know where she is, I’m sorry for not telling you this sooner Ryeowook, she told me to keep this as a secret from you,” he said to me as he looked down, unable to face me, he’s probably feeling guilty.

“Kyuhyun, let’s meet her, but not today, I’m tired, I need to rest for now,” I said before making my way to the bedroom, ready to cry my heart out.