Shades of New Life

Into the Dark

I crossed my arms on my chest, twitched my brows and pouted enough for my lips to go off from my face. I won’t move a single inch as far as I need to go new school with those jerk twins.

This was my first day to new school in the town near our mansion. I was happy for go to school again but not with this twins.

I thought they will remain at old school, but when I realized they moved along with me, it’s really hard for my mouth to keep those swear words going out before the elders.

It’s crystal clear that I don’t want to go to school with those who’s ready to show off even on first day. They were happy in case they can meet new girls in new school. Yes, they should, after they dated almost all the girls back in old school and made me enough enemies at my back before I know.

“Come on Jennie. You don’t want to make a scene, right?” Donny black-mailed me. I knew that he would plan something if I still stick in car. He will carry me on his shoulder or worse, they’ll carry me one from head and one from legs.

I moved my before they do something nasty. I walked slowly behind them with my legs dragging and my head hanging low. My face burned hot when those girls started pointing and whispering with admiration to the twins.

Girls, please stop drooling. Those two will play you like a cat to mouse before eating and you all will end up crazy and will hate me in no reason.

I bowed my head and managed not to look the surroundings. I didn’t want them to remember my face as fast as possible.

I followed the class room the twins entered. The teacher was already there but the girls in the class were squealing hysterically. The teacher is middle aged one with a thick rimmed glass. She slammed the board with ruler and keeps the girls quiet. Thank you so much teacher!

“You are the transfer students?” The teacher lifted the glass that was sliding down her nose with one finger and asked us. I nodded quickly while my jerk cousins were busy showing their alluring smile to those girls.

“I don’t know how you managed to transfer at the middle of school year.” The teacher muttered herself and registered something into the thick ledger.

Money talks, teacher. Money and power! If you know about my family, you won’t mutter that line. This is not I am a proud air headed rich kid; I just know how my family work.

“Ok, introduce yourself to the class.” Teacher waved her hands towards the class.

“Silent!” She shouted to keep the peace in her class which was destructed by the Kwon twins.

“I’m Kwon Donny and this is my twins Kwon Deukie. We just transferred from boarding school in Somerset, England…” please, stop here you jerk. I shouted out loud in my head.

“We liked to make friends with you all and I wish you would kind to help me with all those lessons we missed.” I knew both of them would wink at the end of sentence.

Then Deukie pushed me to front.

“This is our cousins Jennie. She is a shy girl.”

Ok, class. Please enjoy my embarrass moments for your life. I tried to keep my look to the floor but Deukie slightly pushed my chin up and made me face the class. The girls squealed with jealous.  

“We transferred to this school to accompany her.”

“To protect her.” Donny added and both of them looked at me with too much kindness.  I tried to maintain a smile for the plea before the girls ripped me into pieces with their eyes.

But my smile stopped and my jaw dropped to the floor and rolling down to hell (I’m just adding effect. It’s not really happened. You know!) When I noticed the blond.

He again!! The one who saved me twice. Once from kidnappers and second from my fracture hip.

He was looking at me with a smile tagging at the corner of his lips.

Oh……My…….God!! Pinch me! Bring me back to life.

Actually, teacher brings me back to life.

“Umm…… twins take the free seat behind and Jennie takes that one beside Sulli.” She pointed to a tall girl sitting at the same roll with blonde.

To be honest, I wanted to sit beside him. It’s not that I’m erted, he’s the only one I knew in this class. But there’s already a girl sitting beside him.

I took the seat beside the girl named Sulli and tried to make a friendly smile but she kept her look away from me.

Good job, Kwon twins! You really are professionals!

I just pulled off my notes and tried to follow what’s teaching.

When the lunch break comes, I tried to make a contact with Sulli but she left as I did not exist in this world.

I looked for blond, he passed me with just a single glance. I thought he would talk to me, but a glance. Really!! The girl, who sat beside him, followed him quietly.

And my Kwon cousins, don’t ask me about them. They disappeared. Who knows when they left?

I can’t believe, I’m the only one left in this room, sitting awkwardly. I sighed and leave alone for canteen.

I felt that this corridor heading to canteen was the longest in this world and the girls pointing behind my back and talking. I hang my head low and keep the eyes only to the ground ahead before I bumped into someone.

The person I bumped grabbed my shoulder with one hand and lifted my chin with other.

“Hello Jennie.”

My eyes were widening as I saw the handsome face smiling at me. His tall height towering over my body.

“Th-Thunder-oppa!” I can’t believe he’s in the same school with me. Wait, I thought he’s in university. But he’s wearing the school uniform, is it real.

Omo! My cheeks blushed. I just met with him at our family occasions once or twice. No, it’s four times.

He’s Dara-unnie’s younger brother. Dara-unnie was married to the cousin of my adopted brother, YaungBae-oppa. So, he and I are related by marriage. Whatever, the important thing is he’s hot. As hot as hell.

“What, you don’t like seeing me here?” he pinched my nose.

“No!! I- I was just……” I didn’t know what to continue. You guys should stop messing my pure heart.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and dragged me along with him towards canteen.

“Come on girl. Let’s have lunch together.”

As soon as we stepped into the canteen, the Kwon twins were sitting at the very middle table with two girls whose skirts were sky high above the knee.

The twins waved toward us and I’m dead sure that who they were happy to see is Thunder-oppa, not me. They shoo the girls away. Sorry girls, please put blame on them. It’s not my fault.

I tried to reject but Thunder-oppa was already dragging me to their table. He pushed me to sit beside him. I preferred my peaceful lonely lunch rather than with this flower boys. I blocked my mind from those telepathic threatening messages send by angry girls.

“Where did you find her hyung?” Donny asked with a smirk on his face that I wanted to wipe off with the knife in my hand.

“She’s lost like a little sheep. So, I bring her.” His hand brushed at the back of my neck and I felt shiver.

I thought the twins stiffened and something I don’t know ran on their face.

“You know she’s our Kwon leader’s favorite sister. You shouldn’t try anything on her.” I can sense Donny’s voice is clearly threatening and that made Thunder-oppa’s hand move from my neck. Thanks a lot Donny, I really mean it.

I tilted my head to avoid their looks that I saw the blond was sitting at the far corner and looking at our direction. He’s not alone. He’s with the girl who seems like gluing to him and three other blondes like him. Are they running hair salon or something? What on earth everyone is blond like them?

Now, I can clearly study his girl. She literally looks like a doll. The blonde wavy hair, the pale skin, the glassy eyes, the pointed nose, the pink lips and the face what is absolutely expressionless. That’s made her into totally doll. She looked the direction of us with no expression. Please someone made her face shows a tint of expression or I would scare to death.

The other three blondes tilted their head and faced to our direction with their eyes studying our table.

Omo, Omo!! Should I ran to gate and find those banners with “School for cute boys only!!”  Because they all are cute. I felt the room suddenly becomes hot.

“I should go now.” I stuffed my mouth with the last spoon of rice and stand up abruptly leaving my super arrogant cousins and relative-by-marriage in their fight.

When I got back to class, I saw my tall seat mate Sulli and 3 other girls sitting at our desk. I didn’t know should I go to my seat or just leave. I was pacing at the door and can’t decide when the tomboyish girl in their group waved her hand to me.

“Come on new girl, join us.” She shifted her place and formed a space for me.

I sat with a little awkward. I’m not good at making friend with new people.

“I’m Amber.” The tomboyish girl pointed to herself. “This is Luna, Krystal.” She pointed to two other girls who looked at me with suspicious eyes.

“And you already know Sulli, right?”  Yes, I already knew her name, if she stops avoiding me I can know her in person.

I bowed to them. “I’m Jennie. Nice to meet you.” What a boring line, but I didn’t know what to say more and it became silent again.

“You are from that creepy mansion.” Krystal asked me with her eyes studying my whole presence.

“Umm… yes. But it’s not creepy.” I don’t know what made her think my home is creepy and how could she say it to my face.

“Oh really! But I thought it’s hunted.” Krystal won’t stop if Amber didn’t stop her.

“I was grown up there and never been hunted.” I just wanted her to stop talking nonsense.

“Sorry Jennie. She’d over enjoyed horror movies.” This is the first time Sulli talked.

“Is that handsome owner is your brother?” Luna giggled.

I just nodded as I don’t know why they concerned about my family.

“Oh Sulli! Finally your dreams come true.”  Luna teasingly said and Sulli face turned red.

“Sulli liked your brother so much.”  That’s make Sulli slapped Luna’s arm and stand up.

“Stop blubbering.” Amber stopped her.

What? She liked my brother. I have no idea how she would know him. I tried to control my saucer size eyes but epic failed.

“I just met him at a charity gala for one time and I said them he’s handsome. They started teasing like since then. Sorry, I don’t like your brother.” Sulli didn’t look me and her ears were red.

“It’s ok.” I don’t know how to response, I should take some social dealing class.

“How about your lessons? We can help you.” Luna offered.

“Umm… thank you.”  Then the Kwon twins entered into class with their fan girls.

Don’t come to me. Please, don’t come to me. I prayed but God never hear me. They walked directly to me.

“Look, our baby already makes friends.”  What is with that baby? You all can baby me at home, but not at school. I repeated it thousands time to them. But are they too dumb to understand.

“Umm…. Yes.” I bowed down my head to avoid introduce-us looks from the girls.

“Ok, baby. Take your time and enjoy.” I can breathe only after they leave and their minions still shooting deadly glare to us.

“You should introduce us to your brothers.” Krystal whined with her eyes following the twins.

“You won’t want to know them after. They made me enough enemies with my friends.” I sighed.

“How?” Luna asked.

“They dated with my friends and ditched them and give reason that they were my friends and they also don’t have enough time to be with them because of their protect-the-princess duties. Girls hated me for that.” I explained and remembered those shouting, complaining and crying all I suffered at the dorm.

“Oh…. Like that. Are they that bad?” Sulli eyes are round with surprise.

“Whatever just introduces them next time. They die to suffer.” Amber sniffed at her friends.

It’s not that bad when you have friends at school. The evening class ends fast with us chatting via chat room and they shared gossips about each and every one in class. 

I send.

 Unbelievable, Krystal and Luna were the gossip machine in this class. They put their nose in everyone stuffs but are still cute. Sulli is not that bad except she sometimes act arrogant. Amber is the one that I can handle well with.

There’s return message and she shrugged to me.

 

 

His name is Zelo. What a strange name it is!! I stole a glance to that blond and to my horror, the poker face watched me with her dead eyes. OMG!!

After school, I left class with girls. I saw the blond ahead with the poker face with him. Before I can stop myself, I ran to him.

“Excuse me!” I was nearly bumped into him when he suddenly turned to me. He raised his brows seeing me.

I give a 90 degree bow and save all my strength to talk to him.

“Thank you so much for saving me twice. I have no chance to say Thank you. That’s why now I’m……..” I stopped and swallowed the lump formed in my throat. He cupped my face and made me looked at him eye to eye.

“You make me sad, Jennie.” He looked into my eyes and his voice is same as I heard before, warm.

“Umm………” I don’t know what’s happening now.

“You don’t remember me. It makes me sad.” 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Hola!!! 

Thanks a lot kelzbelz98  infiknight94 chaefamri   for your comments ...... ^_^ 

i