Chapter 4

My Seven Days With an Angel

Hyukjae just sneak around while watching as Taemin opening Jessica’s ingredients, carelessly he heated the steak. Of course when Jessica arrived she was upset.

“Hey! What are you doing with the steak?”

“Cooking it?” Taemin answered not sure of what he is doing but he is just curious that’s why he decide to do things on his own.

“When you cook it should be in low fire, pabo!.” Jessica said upset with Taemin’s doing suddenly an idea form in Hyukjae’s head he smiled and twirl his hand Jessica scream as she saw the fire go up. Taemin also panic, Donghae who saw the fire quickly get a water but as he splash it the fire died down, but he see Taemin frown because he accidentally thrown the water onto him.

“Now what my steak is destroy, thanks to you!.” Jessica said as he points out Taemin.

“You’re the one who set it on fire, low fire huh?” Taemin said Donghae asked him to leave an Jessica decided to just make another dish, she asked Donghae if they have Tomato Juice.

As Jessica opened it Hyukjae waved his hand again and it sprinkled over Jessica’s face Taemin who saw keeps laughing as Jessica walks backward and Hyukjae his hand making the flour fell on her. Donghae offered her a towel but Jessica feeling embarrassed just decided to go home.

Donghae looked at Hyukjae who just played innocent after his mischief.

“You really mess everything up.” Donghae exlciamed.

“What hyung, I did not mean to,” Taemin replied.

“Not you! Damn it!” Donghae walk away.

“Fishhead!” Hyukjae stuck out his tounge.

 

The third day together still has no progress Donghae still stubborn but Hyukjae still do his mission, to the point now he helps him even during his class bin Biology in which the professor find it a miracle for Donghae to participate in class,  Hyukjae could be persuasive the side effect many look at him when he became upset at him because he always forgot one thing, only he can see Hyukjae.

 

After class they went to the canteen where Donghae ordered fish, and Hyukjae feels sick seeing the seafood.

“Hate seafood?” asked Donghae.

“You see when you eat them it feels like your eating the innocent fish in the world.”

“Ok?”

“How about beef or chicken or pork.”

“Poor animals, it’s their purpose in life to be eaten by human like you.”

“Yah!”

“So what do you usually eat?” Donghae asked curiously.”

“Strawberry! Yogurt, strawberry cheesecake anything with strawberry.”

“Too bad for you I hate sweets.” Donghae replied.

As they we’re having their own conversation,  Jung Yunho, Jessica’s big brother appear before him.

“Hey Donghae.”

“Oh hyung.”

“I heard about what happened to Jessica.”

“I’m sorry about that.”

“Nah it’s okay, she’s a spoiled brat so she deserve it.” Yunho replied.

“By the way I was thinking would you like to join our group?”

“Huh?”

“We have like plan for the upcoming finals.” Yunho smirk. Hyukjae can read very well what the other man wants and he shook his head to Donghae.

“Well, I’ll think about it, you know I am kind of busy with band  you know.”

“Oh just think about it, it’s extra money that we are taking about.” Yunho walk away with his friends.

 

“Why say no to them.”

“I know what they want to do and it’s illegal.”

“What do you I know Yunho are one of the known delinquent in this University well worse than Hongki’s group but.”

“Just don’t get close to them.”

“but when I heard money I was thinking that’s better I mean at least I could now get things on my own.”

“So you’re willing to sell the University Exam sheets for money?” Hyukjae seems upset as he asked him.

“Woah! How would you know, but no harm right, every student wants to pass, I won’t be a hypocrite I mean I would want one for myself.”

“Yah! If you want to achieve things, you should be hardworking like your band, you never take shortcuts right, I know how desperate you want to be popular but, you take things slowly.”

“Blah blah blah… fine, but Hyukjae now that I am kind of listening to you, can I have favor?”

“What is it?” Hyukjae asked curiously.”

“Can you show yourself not only to me I mean do you know I feel like crazy talking to myself.”

“I really can’t sorry.” Hyukjae sighed.

“But…”

“I can’t it’s against the rules.” Hyukjae smiles.

“Speaking of rules, do angels fall in love?”

“You mean like brotherly love, family.”

“Not that you know, girlfriend, boyfriend, you know what I mean.” Donghae.

“Well we do, My chief and kangin-hyung are in a relationship oh you will be envy with them, they hold hands and do those nose to nose thing and cuddle.”

“That’s all?”

“Yeah, are you expecting more than that.”

“I mean lovers do more than that right?”

“Oh if your pertaining to that intimacy, it’s off limits to us.” Hyukjae replied.

“How about you have you fell in love.”

“I am a special case angel so I am not allowed to fall in love. But I can love everyone like a family.” Hyukjae smiled.

Donghae can’t deny he is mesmerized with the angel’s gummy smile even imaging him as his wife, cooking for him, massaging his tired shoulder.

“Donghae.” Hyukjae snapping him out of his trance.

“Y-yeah?”

“What are you thinking about?”

“Oh nothing.”

“You’re smile is kind of weird.” Hyukjae looked at him suddenly Donghae saw Kyuhyun and Sungmin together even Taemin and Minho.

“Those pabo, using me to get my brothers.”

“No matter what you do they are meant for each other, they will encounter hardships but because of love they would overcome everything.”

“So you’re a fortuneteller now.”

“When I became your guardian all your files are in me. So I know about it.” Replied Hyukjae.

 

By afternoon As they are starting the rehearsal, Hyukjae just play around, of course Donghae controls himself speaking again or else his friends might think he is crazy, but when Hyukjae laugh at the performance he was not able to control himself and shouted at him that made everyone look at him again. Suddenly Jessica appeared.

 

“Oppa!”

“Oh here comes Capitol Barbie.” Sungmin reacted.

“Oh the steak burner.” Taemin said.

“Oh Jessica nice to see you again.” Donghae smile, at first Donghae was happy learnig that Jessica likes him, but after the incident and how he see her arguing with Taemin it was a big turn off, that’s why he did his best to avoid her besides Donghae’s new crush well it’s only his angel even he is annoyed at him, he has this weird feeling for him.

“I miss you oppa, uhm you see. It’s my birthday tomorrow and you are all invited in my private party only your friends are invited.”

“Oh well I uhm…”

“Please oppa I want to spend my birthday with you, I know you won’t go without your friends so they’re invited too.” Jessica giggling to the fact that she can be with Donghae on that day.

On the other hand Hyukjae is fuming with jealousy? He is not sure this is the first time he had this emotions that are very strange to him especially he is the type of angel that shouldn’t have this kind of feelings.

Donghae look at his friends, even they don’t like Jessica since it’s a treat thye decided to grab the opportunity with that Donghae said yes to her which made her jump in joy and hugged him, Hyukjae who saw that suddenly got angry and kick one of the drums that cause everyone to startle wondering what happen but Donghae curiously look at Hyukjae who stomp his feet and went inside.

 

After Jessica, Donghae excuse himself asking the others to continue the practice, as he followed him he knew the latter would go to his room. As he opened the door he find Hyukjae sitting in his bedroom sulking.

“Hey are you upset.”

“No.”

“Is it because of Jessica.”

“NO!”

“Hey angels shouldn’t lie right? Seems like you do.”

“I AM NOT!” And Hyukjae disappear again in front of him.

“What a weird’s angel.” Donghae said but he has a smile on his lips because he’s sure, what Hyukjae felt is jealousy and if it’s that way it means Hyukjae must have like him too.