Life Saver Ring

Puppy Love

 

                “Alright children, settle down and pay attention. Class is about to start.” Ms. Lee told her kids as they sit behind their desks.

                “Now kids, back to the math question just now. What is 6+7?”

                “Because 7 8 9?” Sehun, a small impish kid with blonde hair piped up. The other kid sitting next to him, named Luhan, hit him across the head.

                “No Sehunnie! That’s a different joke!”

                “Ow! Luhan hit hard!” Sehun pouted.

                “Sehun! Luhan! Pay attention! Now take out your comprehension.” Ms. Lee ordered. “Alright kids, why did Daniel go to the top of his school?”

                “Because he wanted to go to high school!” Sehun cracked again and the whole class laughed.

                “Nice one Sehun!” Jongdae said, air fist-pumping the kid.

                “Thanks! Luhan taught me that.”

                “Ms. Lee, wanna hear a knock-knock joke?” Luhan asked his teacher with wide innocent eyes.

                “Uhm, sure Luhan.”

                “Knock knock.”

                “Who’s there?”

                 “Interrupting squawking parrot.”

                 “Interrupting squawking parr-

                 “SQUAWKKKKKKKKKKKK!”

                The whole class laughed at Luhan’s imitation of the parrot. Ms. Lee tried her best not to facepalm herself and faint.

                “Luhan, don’t you have other things to do besides crack all these jokes? What about your homework?”

                “I didn’t do them Ms. Lee. Sehun and I went fishing yesterday!”

                “Fishing?!”

                “Yeah! We caught a huge fish, it was like this big!” Sehun tried to stretch his arms as wide as he possibly could.

                “Uh huh! And then Mummy cut it open and took out all the guts and liver and…”

                “Alright kids that’s enough!” Ms. Lee was just about to puke her lunch out at the thought of the fish’s guts. “Luhan, go sit in the corner.”

                “But Ms. Lee…”

                “Go now. Sehun, you go to that corner.”

                The rest of the class resumed with perfect order now that the troublesome duo were far apart. During lunch, Sehun and Luhan gathered together again. This time, Sehun fished out something from his pocket. It was a Life Saver candy.

                “Yesterday, Daddy gave Mummy a ring. He said the ring is for the person you love the most.” Sehun smiled, taking out his candy. “He even put it on her finger! But I couldn’t find a ring like Daddy’s so I got you a Life Saver. It’s still round!”

                “Awwww Sehunnie that is so sweet! I think they do that when people get engaged.”

                “What’s engaged?”

                “You know, that’s when they become mummies and daddies.”

                “Ah, so if I put this on you, then we are engaged! And we become Mummy and Daddy!” Sehun slipped the candy on Luhan’s pinky, but it didn’t even go through fully. It stuck halfway, but the boys were too excited about being engaged to care about the candy ring.

                “We are engaged! We are engaged! We’re gonna be Mummy and Daddy!” the boys shouted for everyone to hear. Ms. Lee spit out her water and immediately ran to the boys.

                “You guys are a bit too young to be engaged, aren’t you?”

                “But I love Luhannie, isn’t that enough?” Sehun pouted defensively.

                “Well, still it’s very…”

                “Ms. Lee, when are you going to get engaged? Mummy always says women like you should get a ring by now.” Luhan questioned, tilting his head. Ms. Lee started massaging her temples. The onset of a migraine is coming.

                The next day, Chanyeol and Suho bought Life Savers for their partners, Baekhyun and Yixing.

                “Great, now 6 of my kids are engaged before me.” Ms. Lee groaned.