25 Years Later

Puppy Love

 

                25 years has passed, and Ms. Lee is now the headmistress of EXO Kindergarten. So many children have come and left the school throughout the years, but Ms. Lee has always stayed, ready for a fresh batch of cute faces and adorable antics.

                Life for Ms. Lee hasn’t always been easy. She actually did get married, but her husband unfortunately died of cancer 2 years ago, leaving her a lonely widower with no children. Ms. Lee found out that she actually couldn’t get pregnant herself. Turns out she was sterile. The poor lady was devastated when she found out about the news, but her husband reassured her, saying that they would find ways to have their own children of course, but Ms. Lee decided that having no children of her own is okay, she has plenty in her little kindergarten.

                “Oh Junhyung, how I miss you.” She muttered silently, while looking at a picture of her husband in her office. The now 55 year old teacher stood up from her table and walked out of the office. It’s time to face her new batch of kids. This particular batch including a boy named Zelo and another one named Kibum seem to be making an awful lot of noise.

                “Alright kids, settle down. Mr. Kim is going to come in soon.” Ms. Lee told her students as they clambered up into their seats. She spotted a little girl struggling to get onto her own seat and she lifted the little darling and helped her onto her own seat.

                “There you go Sumi. Keep still, okay?” Sumi nodded as Mr. Kim, the maths teacher walked in.

                Later that day, it was time to send the kids off. Parents came to fetch their own children as they kids scream and run into their daddies and mummies arms. Ms. Lee sighed. She has always liked this view, for some odd reason, it feels very soothing and heartwarming to see such a scene.

                “Daddy!” Sumi cried as she spotted her own daddy. She ran into a man’s arms. The man was wearing a suit and definitely looked like he just got off from work. Ms. Lee stared at the man. He does look oddly familiar. That jet black hair, beady eyes, sharp nose…

                “Kim Jongdae?!” The greatest troublemaker in the history of EXO Kindergarten is sweet little Sumi’s father?!

                “Oh my god, Ms. Lee! Good grief is that you?” Jongdae walked over with his daughter in his arms and bowed to his former teacher. “Ms. Lee!”

                “Oh Jongdae!” Ms. Lee felt tears running down her eyes as she ran up to give her former student a little hug. None of her former students ever remember her. But Jongdae did, and my goodness he has grown a lot!

                “Ms. Lee, how many years has it been? Oh god, 10…15…oh no 25 years!” Jongdae couldn’t keep his shock and surprise in. He took note of how Ms. Lee had aged over the past few years. He Sumi’s hair and she smiled at her daddy.

                “I can’t believe how much you have grown! I haven’t seen you, Minseok or anyone of the kids of your batch since you guys left kindie.”

                “Minseok? Hahaha!” Jongdae let out a laugh. “Minseok and I are married now, Ms. Lee!”

                “I mean, 25 years is such a long time I…wait what? You and Minseok are married?”

                “Yep, and we adopted Sumi here 4 years ago.” Jongdae kissed his daughter’s temple, who’s absent-mindedly her thumb and watching her dad talk to her teacher.

                “Wow…that’s fantastic! Congratulations! My ex-class clown is now a father!”

                “Hey, I still got a lot more tricks up my sleeve.” Jongdae grinned naughtily, just like he used to when he was a child. “Say, Ms. Lee, the whole gang is meeting up at my place for dinner. Please come and join us tonight, the gang would just die to see you.”

                “Gee, I don’t want to be an inconvenience…”

                “Oh no, trust me, you will definitely be a surprise guest. We all still remember you!” Jongdae coaxed Ms. Lee into joining him for dinner and Ms. Lee agreed. She told the kindie guard to close up the place and they got into Jongdae’s Mercedes.

                “You seem to be doing very well.” Ms. Lee smiled, raising her eyebrows as she sat in the car, letting Sumi sit on her lap.

                “I’m the CEO of Fun-For-All toy company.”

                “You mean the company that makes all the cheap prank toys and childish gimmicks?”

                “Yep.” He smiled with pride and looked at his old teacher and daughter in the back seat through his rear view mirror. “That part of me has never changed.”

                “You’re still the little imp I used to know.”

                “Granted, I’m sure I was your favourite imp.” He smirked and they drove off together.

               Jongdae and Minseok lived in a very wealthy neighbourhood. His house, or mansion as they called it, was huge. Ms. Lee gasped in amazement as they rolled into the cobblestone driveway and past Jongdae’s 18-car garage.

                “Minnie! I home!” Jongdae called. It seems as if Minseok’s childhood nickname has never changed.

                “Appa! Appa!” Sumi called for Minseok urgently, running all over the house before bumping into someone else in the kitchen. That someone else is none other than Kyungsoo.

                “Uncle Kyungie!” Sumi smiled.

                “Hello there Sumi!” Kyungsoo picked up the girl and gave her a big peck on the cheek. “Had a good day at school?”

                “Kyungsoo! Minseok! You will never guess who’s joining us for dinner!” Jongdae called excitedly as Minseok came out in his lime green apron.

                “Who is it? Oh my…Ms. Lee?!” Minseok exclaimed when he saw his former teacher.

                “Oh my god it is Ms. Lee!” Kyungsoo said, putting Sumi down so she could put down her things.

                “It’s been a long time hasn’t it?” Ms. Lee smiled as she hugged her ex-students.

                “Oh Ms. Lee, you still look as beautiful as ever!”

                “Oh no, that can’t be possible. I’ve aged terribly over the past few years.”

                “No it isn’t, you still look young. Probably because you spend so much time with kids!”

                “I do hope I’m not intruding tonight’s festivities.”

                “No way! Oh Jongdae what a lovely surprise!” Minseok gushed and kissed his husband.

                “It was luck I guess. She is Sumii’s teacher.”

                “What coincidence! You taught us, and now you’re teaching our little girl!” Minseok gushed.

                “I gotta call the others and tell them to hurry up.” Jongdae whipped out his cell phone and went to another room with Sumi trailing behind.

                “Sumi likes Jongdae a lot huh?” Ms. Lee asked.

                “Oh yeah, Sumi is Jongdae’s little angel. I’m a bit worried that she might pick up her dad’s impish skills and cause trouble.”

                “I doubt it. No one is a bigger headache than Jongdae was when he was little. But so much has changed, I mean, he’s so mature now.” Ms. Lee continued. “So what are you guys doing now?”

                “I run a babysitting service and Kyungsoo here is a 5-star chef who is making tonight’s gorgeous culinary creations.” Minseok pointed at Kyungsoo, who’s smiling with pride.

                “I should have known. You were always the star of my cooking class back in kindie.”

                “Where do you think I learnt how to cook? Cheese and egg sandwich, the first dish I ever made.” Kyungsoo laughed.

                Soon, the rest of the gang arrived. Everyone was so shocked to see Ms. Lee but Ms. Lee was the one having the biggest shock. Her teeny tiny boys grew so big! Chanyeol and Kris grew so tall and handsome and Baekhyun, who used to be so tiny, grew so big as well. Luhan grew to become one of the prettiest people Ms. Lee has ever seen.

                The dinner went off with a fantastic hitch. Tao and Kris, who were married for 6 months, announced that they were expecting twins with a surrogate mother. Baekhyun’s boutique store is gonna open up a new branch in the next town and it seems Suho was appointed principal of his high school.

                “So Luhan, what are you doing?” Ms. Lee asked.

                “I’m a soccer coach for kids with special abilities.” Luhan said. Ms. Lee looked at him in awe as Sehun wrapped an arm around his fiancé. That’s right, fiancé.

                “Luhan here has been specializing in kids with special abilities for a long time.” Sehun gushed about his pretty lover and Luhan looked shy. Luhan was the same when he was five and Sehun at that time used to gush about Luhan’s pretty drawings or his high grades. And Sehun is still not tired of showing off his lover.

                “What about you Sehun?”

                “You’re not gonna believe this, but Sehun is a doctor now.” Baekhyun grinned and Ms. Lee dropped her fork.

                “Huh?!”

                “Yeah, seriously. He’s a doctor now. He runs the clinic a few blocks away from city hall.” Tao confirmed.

                “Woah, this is a piece of news.”

                “Never thought the lazy kid who used to goof off could pull it off as a doctor eh?” Sehun smiled proudly. Ms. Lee shook her head in amazement. “Things certainly have changed. What about you Chanyeol? What are you doing?”

                “Me? I work with Jongdae! I’m a toy designer!”

                “And then again, some things never change.”

                Everyone burst out laughing as Chanyeol pouted the same way he used to as a kid. “There there,” Baekhyun cooed as he wiped off some stain off Chanyeol’s chin. Chanyeol looked at his boyfriend adoringly, the same way he used to when he first met Baekkie.

                “So Kris is the CEO of an advertising company, Tao is a wushu trainer, Yixing a music teacher and Jongin a dance instructor.” Ms. Lee looked around the table. Minseok was busy feeding Sumi while Yixing had his one year-old son with husband Suho called Minwoo on his lap. Minwoo also came from a surrogate mother. Luhan and Sehun were planning for an adoption once they marry later that year and Jongin has a 5-month old son named Myungsoo, who was left at home with his grandparents. Jongin and Kyungsoo got married 2 years ago, Suho and Yixing 6 years ago and even though Chanyeol and Baekhyun haven’t announced their nuptials yet, they pretty much act like a married couple anyways.

                “Are you gonna have kids with Chanyeol once you guys get married?”

                “I don’t know if I can afford that Ms. Lee. Chanyeol is one big kid himself.” Everyone laughed as Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the thought of caring for a kid with his childish lover.

                “I’m sure Chanyeol will be a wonderful father once he has a child of his own.”

                “Yeah, people change when they find out they are gonna be parents.” Yixing said, putting Minwoo on Suho’s lap as he readjusted his seat.

                “What about you Ms. Lee? How have you been doing?” Suho asked their former teacher.

                “Oh well, it’s kind of…same old same old for me I guess. I’m still at the kindergarten.”

                “Are you married then?” Luhan asked.

                “My husband died two years ago.”

                The whole table fell into silence. Ms. Lee dropped her food on the plate and looked down at the table awkwardly. Minseok, who was sitting next to her, patted her hand gently. “We’re so sorry to hear that.”

                “Was it from an illness?” Kris asked.

                “Cancer.” Sehun shook his head. Every doctor’s worst nightmare is cancer.

                “Do you have any children then?” Tao asked, trying to make light of the situation.

                “I don’t, but I guess I never needed any, I mean I’m surrounded by them all day!” Ms. Lee gestured. She smiled at her former ex-students and felt a little tear at the corner of her eyes. “And its kids like you guys, who have grown up and are doing so well that really make my job wonderful, and my life worth-living.”

                Dinner came to an end. Jongdae bought out some red wine for them but Ms. Lee decided not to stay. It was getting late and she had to go back soon for tomorrow is another long school day. Jongdae pulled the car into the driveway to send her home as everyone took turns giving her hugs and kisses.

                “It was wonderful meeting you Ms. Lee.” Kris hugged her.

                “Yeah, you have to come back again!” Minseok said, holding her hand.

                “And don’t forget, I’ll be sending you an invitation to our wedding at the end of the year!” Luhan clapped his hand.

                “Yeah, and we’re getting ready to send Minwoo to EXO Kindie once he gets older.” Suho smiled.

                “We’ll send our Myungsooie!” Kyungsoo beamed.

                “Yep, and if ever you are in town, drop by my clinic. I’ll give you a discount.” Sehun winked and Ms. Lee laughed.

                “Hey, Ms. Lee, why did the girl smear peanut butter on the road?” Sehun cracked.

                Ms. Lee twitched her eyebrow. She felt like she knew this, but just to humour him, she went “Why?”

                “To go with the traffic jam!”

                “Sehun that joke is lame.” Luhan elbowed his fiancé.

                “You may think its lame, but when we were kids, you thought they were cool.” He smirked and Luhan elbowed him again. Ms. Lee looked at her ex-students. Suho was lightly rubbing Yixing’s waist as he cooed Minwoo to sleep in his arms. Luhan and Sehun are still as flirty as ever, with Sehun forever bragging about his lover. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked like they haven’t left each ither’s side for 25 years, and Chanyeol still likes to wrap Baekhyun in his arms the same way they used to in kindergarten. Jongin became a much more mature handsome man and Kyungsoo’s big eyes are no longer scary, as a matter of fact, they added to his charm. Jongin was holding onto Kyungsoo’s hand and Kyungsoo still looks at Jongin the same way, with the whole ‘you are my prince charming’ look in his eyes. Kris is still a little awkward, but Tao the panda boy is still there to catch and protect him if necessary. And even if Jongdae grew up and became CEO, he still had that impish grin and naughty glint in his eyes. Minseok stayed the same, mature and responsible, with a lot of charm that forever captures Jongdae’s attention.

                “Well, I have to go.” Ms. Lee bid farewell as Jongdae drove off. Sumi was sitting in the car next to her favourite kindie teacher while her thumb. Ms. Lee brushed the frills from her face and she looked at Sumi. Sumi let her thumb go and smiled at her. It seems almost impossible, since Sumi is adopted, but she looks like she has Jongdae’s smile.

                “Sumi has your smile Jongdae.” Ms. Lee said.

                “And she has my favourite kindie teacher as well.” He replied, smiling through the rear view mirror.

                And that instant, Ms. Lee could have sworn all the tears in the corners of her eyes, started to fall.

                She finally arrived home, with Sumi sleeping peacefully in the backseat. She thanked Jongdae for the meal and gave him a hug.

                “You can come any day into our homes. You will always be welcomed.” Jongdae said.

                “Thank you Jongdae. Have a good night.” She said, wiping tears from the corners of her eyes. She watched Jongdae’s car drive away until it hits the main road before going into the house.

                That night, before she fell asleep, she glanced at a picture of her husband and whispered. “We have kids, Junhyung.” She smiled and fell asleep; knowing that the 12 kids she once had grew into 12 wonderful adults.

                And as a teacher, that is the best reward of all.

                

A/N: Since so many of you guys requested a sequel, or at least a continuation, I have decided to post a bonus chappie for all you wonderful readers and subbies! This was actually one of my reader's suggestion, so sorry I've forgotten your name but whoever you are out there, you know I'm talking about you XD

 

P.S You can also check out my other works!

Under The Sheets: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/420669/under-the-sheets--ukiss--exo-hunhan-kaisoo-fiftyshades

Love Bug Day: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/478376/love-bug-day-exo-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol-kaisoo-xiuchen-sulay

 

The Last Vacation: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/339767/the-last-vacation-what-do-we-do-from-here-romance-exo-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol-kaisoo-xiuchen

 

Thank you guys so much for your support!! Keep loving EXO!