Class Clown Valentine

Puppy Love

 

            Jongdae, the class clown and prankster is a headache problem for Ms. Lee as well. The naughty boy just loves to do mean things like put worms in the girl’s lunch box and toothpaste in the other boy’s shoes. Ms. Lee swears that if she didn’t love and care for the child as if he was her own, she would have killed the little brat by now.

                “Kim Jongdae you stop that this instant!” Ms. Lee grabbed the boy by his ear. He made one of the female students cry by saying she was ugly. “You are a very rude boy! Apologize to her this instant!”

                “But Ms. Lee, it’s not my fault she’s ugly.”

                “You think everything and anything is ugly don’t you?!”

                “No, I think cats are cute…and…and I think Minnie Hyung is pretty.” Ms. Lee groaned. The so-called Minnie Hyung, is actually Minseok, the eldest kid in class. Unlike Jongdae the little brat, Minseok is very quiet and obedient. He never causes trouble, except for when steamed buns are involved. The boy loves his steamed buns.

                Like Chanyeol to Baekhyun, Jongdae seems to have taken on a liking for Minseok. Chanyeol is supposedly his best friend but Jongdae just seems to like Minseok. He’s always talking about him or calling his name or pulling his arm during playtime. Minseok is one of the very few kids Jongdae is actually nice to.

                “Apologize now Kim Jongdae, before I make you sit in the corner again.” Jongdae walked over reluctantly and apologizes to the girl he just teased. He would rather say sorry than sit in the corner. He hates sitting in the corner, it’s too far away from his Minnie hyung.

                “Alright kids, tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! I want you all to make a special card, one for your parents and one for a friend in school.” Ms. Lee said, smiling at her class. Sehun’s ears perked up and he raised his hand. “Ms. Lee, how many hearts can I put in the card?”

                “As many as you want.”

                “Good! I wanna put in 100 hearts for Luhannie hyung!” Luhan blushed at the comment and pulled Sehun’s pants so that he could sit down.

                “That’s nothing! I’m gonna put in 1000 for Baekhyunnie!” Chanyeol roared from the back of the class.

                “You all are lousy! I’m gonna put in 1000 million for Kyungsoo!” Jongin showed, sticking his tongue out at Chanyeol, who stuck his back out.

                “Stop it you two! Behave!” Ms. Lee reprimanded for the nth time that day. School was dismissed and the kids were sent home to do their cards.

                The next day, Jongdae came into class, looking particularly quiet and somewhat nervous looking. All the kids in class exchanged their Valentine’s Day cards. Jongdae looked around at his friends, watching to see what kind of cards they exchanged. Kris gave Tao a card with some, weird looking dragon on the cover. Luhan gave Sehun one in the shape of a heart and Yixing forgot to bring his for Suho. Yixing was so upset that he forgot and couldn’t give Suho anything that he cried.

                “I’m so sorry….” Yixing cried. Suho hugged the crying boy. “It’s okay Xingie, I’m not mad at you, don’t cry…”

                Jongdae was looking for one person in particular. He finally found his Minnie hyung, sitting quietly as Luhan showed off the card that Sehun made for him.

                “Minnie hyung, I made you a card.” Jongdae said shyly, handing his card over. Luhan immediately snatched it away.

                “Luhan! Give the card back!” Minseok complained. Luhan twisted and turned.

                “No! Jongdae’s cards are evil! He’s doing this to trick you!”

               “No I’m not! Give that back! I worked really hard on it!” Jongdae defended. Luhan took the card, flipped it in the air, turned it upside down and inside out and nothing came out.

                “There’s nothing.” Luhan said in bewilderment.

                “I told you!” Jongdae snatched the card back and gave it to Minseok. Inside the card, in Jongdae’s kiddy handwriting, he wrote:

Dear Minseokkie Hyung:

        I like you a lot. You’re cute, just like a kitty. Will you be my Valentine? 

                                                                        From Kim Jongdae

            “Awwww….Jongdae knows how to be cute!” Sehun cooed and everyone came to see the card that Jongdae made. The attention made the prankster blush but all he really cared was what Minnie hyung was going to say.

                Minnie hyung didn’t say much. He just flashed a great big smile and handed over his card. Did Minseok make a card for Jongdae, the most annoying kid in class?

Dear Kim Jongdae:

        You are always so mean to the other kids, but you are never mean to me. I think you are really funny. Please be my valentine.

                                                                        Kim Minseok <3

                “Ooooo, Minseok and Jongdae sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!” The kids sang at the top of their lungs. Minseok and Jongdae blushed as they hugged each other and said “Yes, I’ll be your Valentine.”

                Ms. Lee just stared at her kids in utter amazement. The class clown and the obedient boy. My, my, how this world has changed indeed.