My Koala Boyfriend

Puppy Love

 

                Ms. Lee has seen quite a few things at her EXO Kindergarten, but never in her life has she ever seen anybody like Chanyeol. Chanyeol is the source of many headaches and whining and sleepless nights. That little boy is nothing more than a trouble maker.

                For a 5-year old, Chanyeol is huge. He’s one of the tallest boys in his class, other than Kris, and he easily towers above everybody. The girls complain that Chanyeol is always blocking their view and some other kids complain that he’s always making too much noise. Chanyeol is like one of those parakeets that never stop talking. He’s always fooling around with Jongdae, the class clown. He never sits still and he loves to smile like a complete idiot halfway-through class and spoil Ms. Lee’s momentum.

                Chanyeol has a very strange thing for another boy in his class named Baekhyun. Baekhyun is one of the smaller kids in class other than Kyungsoo, but Chanyeol doesn’t like Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo’s owl-like eyes scare him. As for Baekhyun, Chanyeol just….really really likes him. He thinks Baekhyun is pretty. He likes his pretty eyes and pretty hair, pretty nose and pretty mouth. He likes his pretty fingers and pretty toes; just everything about Baekhyun is pretty to Chanyeol.

                “Hi Baekhyunnie!” Chanyeol said, skipping towards the small boy who’s busy with his colouring book.

                “Hi Chanyeollie!” Unlike all the other kids, Baekhyun is the only person who hasn’t complained about Chanyeol yet, but Ms. Lee is just patiently waiting for the day when Baekhyun has had enough and goes “MS. LEE! CHANYEOL IS CREEPY!”

                “You’re pretty. Can I hug you?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun was stunned by the request but shrugged his shoulders and went, “Ok.”

                Chanyeol wrapped his long limbs around tiny Baekhyun, enveloping him in such a way that Baekhyun couldn’t even be seen. “You’re so comfy, like the ferret plushie I have at home.” Chanyeol smiled. “Can I hug you all day?”

                “Sure.” Baekhyun smiled, liking the way Chanyeol wraps around him like a huge tortilla pancake. He feels like the stuffing and Chanyeol is the tortilla, all long, smooth and comfy.

                Baekhyun and Chanyeol were glued to each other all day. During classes, Baekhyun sat in Chanyeol’s lap. During lunch and playtime, Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun everywhere with him before hugging him like a koala. Finally, it was nap time, and Chanyeol even snuck into Baekhyun’s place to hug him.

                “I like hugging you Baekkie.” Chanyeol said, covering their bodies with the Spongebob blanket. “You’re so squishy and soft. I like you a lot.”

                “I like you too Yeollie.” Baekhyun yawned; sleep slowly coming closer and closer. Once nap time was over, Ms. Lee started waking all the other kids up, and she didn’t half lose it when she couldn’t find Baekhyun.

                “Baekhyun! Has anyone seen Baekhyun?!” Ms. Lee searched the room frantically, turning all corners upside down. Then she spotted a snoring Chanyeol, still lying on the floor, and just underneath his arm, is a little blonde tuft of hair. Wait a minute, Chanyeol isn’t blonde…

                “Baekhyun! There you are!” Ms. Lee ripped off the covers and untangled all of Chanyeol’s limbs to reveal the small blonde boy, his thumb half-asleep.

                “Chanyeol, you cannot just smother a young boy like that, that is very dangerous! I’m taking Baekhyun away and you are not allowed to sit next to him!” Ms. Lee grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and lifted the boy up. Chanyeol waved his long arms to reach out for Baekhyun.

                “No! No Ms. Lee!! Don’t take Baekhyunnie away!!” Ms. Lee held Baekhyun in her arms and looked at Chanyeol sternly. Chanyeol kept flailing his long limbs, pining for Baekhyun and his warmth. Then, he stopped and pouted, big tears creeping at the corners and threatening to fall down.

                “Yeollie!” Baekhyun released his thumb from his mouth and squirmed in Ms. Lee’s arms, struggling to get down. He squirmed and finally wormed his way free. He made his way to Chanyeol, who’s sitting there sulking away and automatically sat back in his spot in Chanyeol’s lap. He grabbed Chanyeol’s long arms to wrap around him like a towel and looked up at the taller boy.

                “Yeollie don’t cry. I’m here, I’m not going anywhere.”

                “Baekkie…” Chanyeol sniffed, wiping the tears from his face and hugging Baekhyun tight to his chest. Ms. Lee could do nothing but groan.

                “I give up. Do whatever you guys want, just don’t disrupt my class.”

                And so marks the beginning of an everlasting, huggable love story.