Boy Under A Tree

Puppy Love

 

                Suho is Ms. Lee’s favourite student. Suho is obedient and punctual. He’s also very smart and neat. He doesn’t make a lot of noise and he’s always very helpful. Ms. Lee loves him a lot and just wishes everyone could be just like him.

                Yixing is also a very smart student but the boy is so forgetful and such a dreamer. He’s always looking outside of windows in class or staring into space blankly. He forgot to bring his homework a couple of times and he leaves things lying around, so he’s always losing them. Ms. Lee is always picking up after the messy boy and was getting really tired of it.

                “Suho, can you do me a favour and look after Yixing for me? He’s always losing things and forgetting them so can you take care of him for me? Plus he’s also very quiet and doesn’t seem to have a lot of friends.”

                “I will Ms. Lee.” Suho smiled, and walked over to Yixing’s place, where he’s busy drawing in his book.

                “Hello Yixing!”

                “Hi..hi Suho…” Yixing mumbled shyly. Suho has always made Yixing shy for some reason. Maybe it’s because he smiles so brightly, or maybe because he’s always so friendly and outgoing, a deep dark contrast to Yixing’s shy personality.

                “What are you doing?” Suho asked.

                “I’m…just…um…drawing…”

                “Cool, can I see?” Suho peeked into the book Yixing was drawing in. Yixing had drawn a little boy under a tree.

                “Wow! The drawing is so pretty.”

                “Really? But Jongdae says it’s ugly…”

                “Pft, don’t listen to him. Jongdae thinks everything is ugly, except Xiumin…” Suho said, taking Yixing’s drawing book for a closer look.

                “But he looks so lonely.” He suddenly commented. “Why doesn’t he have any friends?”

                “Be…well…because…no one wants to be his friend.” Yixing stammered, still feeling shy.

                “Well, you should draw a friend in. No one likes to be lonely.” Suho said, putting the book down. He looked at Yixing. Yixing is really cute. He has big brown eyes, not bigger than Kyungsoo of course, and he has these really cute dimples in his cheeks. Suho likes people with dimples.

                “I’ll be your friend. Let’s be friends, shall we?” Suho said, holding out his hand. Yixing smiles a big smile. He holds onto Suho’s hand and gushes internally wow, Suho is so nice! And he is so smart! He even knows how to use the word ‘shall’! That’s such a big word!

                Suho spent all his time with Yixing and Yixing’s messy conditions improve. He seems tidier and somehow focuses better in class. He’s still forgetful and that may never change but he’s improving. He made friends with Kyungsoo and Luhan and even likes to play tag with the taller kids like Kris and Chanyeol.

                One day, Suho caught Yixing drawing again. “What are you drawing again?”

                Yixing whips out the paper and shows him. It was the same boy drawing that Suho saw the first time, but this time, Yixing added in a friend in the drawing. Now it’s two boys under a tree.

                “Wow! He has a friend now!” Suho smiled. “But they need names.” Suho grabbed his pen and scribbled his own name down and wrote Yixing’s too.

                “Finish! Drawing is complete!” Suho smiled. Yixing took the picture and his face glowed. The picture looked even better with Suho’s touch. He leaned forward and kissed his friend’s chubby cheeks.

                “Wha…what was that Yixing?” Suho said, bewildered.

                “I think it’s called a kiss. I saw Ms. Lee give one to the handsome school supply delivery guy just now.” Yixing answered. Suho clutched his cheek and touched the spot where Yixing kissed it. “Why? Do you…not like it?”

                “No…I like it! Can I try it?” Suho leaned and kissed Yixing back on his cheek. Ms. Lee just so happened to walk in and she gawked at them. Her best student…KISSING?!

                “Suho! Yixing! Stop that! Who taught you how to do that?!”

                “You did Ms. Lee, I saw you kiss the delivery guy outside!” Yixing smiled, holding hands with Suho. Ms. Lee gulps and mentally reminds herself to be more careful with when she plans to kiss her delivery-guy boyfriend.

                And since then, kissing has become a daily thing for the sweet Sulay couple.