Am I still not your Mr.Right?

The One Beside You

[From Kyungiesoo]

Dila-ah mianhaee, nomu nomu mianhae, im really sorry OTL something came up and I cant go on our weekly bonding time today, maybe some other day?

 

[To Kyungiesoo]

Im all dressed up, shish! You couldve told me earlier! Hmmmmppphhhh!

 

[From Kyungiesoo]

IM REALLY SORRY! I'LL BUY YOU ANY SWEETS AND TREATS YOU WANT, OK? PLEASE DONT BE MAD T.T How about if you go outside? Go around the neighbourhood or something, oh yeah, take your bike, and be safe.

 

[To Kyungiesoo]

........................................BYE!

 

You thought about it and decided to take Kyungsoo's suggestion to cycle around the neighbourhood. You walked to your bike leaning against a big tree when you notice a light pink envelope in your bike's basket. You picked it up, it has your name written on the envelope. You opened it up, only to find a small letter that says:

 

' Hey there beautiful, such a nice day today huh? Theres another letter in your postbox, dont forget to open it :) -KJI- '

 

You quickly dragged your bike to your front gate where you postbox is located. You opened it up and there it is, another light pink envelope. You tear opened the envelope

 

'The pretty pink and red sticky notes on the roadside is a path for you to follow, I hope you do follow it :)) -KJI- '

 

Without even thinking properly you decided to just follow what the letter said, you pushed your bike as you walk out of your compound, the first thing that caught your attention was the bring coloured sticky notes, sticked to the pavement. You followed the path until it ends at a very pretty lily pond just around the corner. The path ended with sticky notes and started again with pink and red rose petals, the path leads you to a simple yet properly set up table for two by the pond, there stood a familiar back view of a guy.

 

eheeemm”

Oh you came?”

JONGIN? What are you doing?”

Well that wasn't the type of greeting I was expecting” he chuckled

Im sorry, im just shocked. Whats all that?”

This? Its a table. Isnt that obvious?”

Oh wow Jongin I thought that was a bus. Haha, I mean what's that for?”

Can you stop standing there like a statue and just come here and sit down?”

Oh ok?”

 

You walked towards Jongin as he pulled out a chair for you to sit. You were still confused with all thats happening.

 

Waiiiiiiiter~”

 

Jongin called out, and out came a guy who you could spotted anywhere and everywhere wearing a waiter's suit. You burst out laughing when you saw Kyungsoo carrying a tray filled with foods and drinks.

 

YOU BOTH OWE ME AFTER THIS! FOOD is served”

Kyungsoo-ah you look rather handsome with that outfit”

Shushhh, I had to sacrifice for you!”

 

You now know why Kyungsoo cancelled on you, but you still were confused about what is this all about. You and Jongin talked and talked and talked, while Kyungsoo stood by the same, he keeps smiling but deep down you felt as if something was wrong, Kyungsoo isn't all that bright as he usually is. While you were a worried about Kyungsoo, Jongin called out for Kyungsoo.

 

Handsome waiter~ please bring us that special treat”

Right away sir”

 

Kyungsoo came back with a plate consist of 2 fortune cookies, you took the one on the left, and got a hit on your hand

 

NO! Thats mine!”

Jongin its just fortune cookies, whats the big deal and moreover, this is your idea of a special treat? Lameeee~”

Whatt? Ok, now lets crack open our cookies in the count of 3. 1~ 2~ 3!”

 

You cracked yours in half and unfold the fortune

 

' Soo Di La, would you do the honour of being my girlfriend? -Kim Jong In- '

 

You looked up at Jongin a gave him a nod and a wide smile because you were too speechless to even say a single 'YES' You looked to the side where Kyungsoo was standing but he was no where to be found.

 

You snapped out of your sweet flashbacks by heavy raindrops falling from above. Its raining, pouring heavily, big heavy raindrops falling on you with no mercy. You ran a little to a nearby coffee shop's awning for shelter, eventhough its a short journey to where youre standing now, but you are soaked and cold. You regret by not accepting Kyungsoo's invitation and now youre gonna get scold by your mom for coming home late and soaking wet.

 

Ah great! This is just great!”

 

You mumbled to yourself.

 

You looked around as if you could find a resolution to your problem right now. You looked around and your eyes landed on a familiar back view figure of a guy. He was sitting with a pretty looking girl holding hands across the table, talking and laughing, having their sweet time together, knees bumping into each other. As if its a signal that guy turns around to call out for a waiter to take their orders.

 

JONGIN???”

 

You were shocked, too shocked to say anything else, too shocked to move, to shocked to cry, You stood there like a statue, a statue like you once stood on the day Jongin officially asked you to be his girlfriend.

[A/N: Well this is one long chapter. I'll update later :)]