Chapter 6

The Loving Devil

Thank you guys for supporting me~~

One more chapter!! =)

I might write more if i have time~

And maybe next time i should try a one~~ (we'll see~)


           Day after day, I curled up on my bed, not going to school, not answering the phone, not even eating. It seemed like my soul have been ripped out of my body and would never be replace again. My body is like a walking-corpse, an empty shell. There were no longer any tears, because they have all dried up from the past three days.

           “… You need to help me! She wouldn’t listen to me! She’s…You are her best friend! You’ve got to know!”I heard Jonghyun talking from the opened window; I guess he was on his cell phone seemed like to either Sooyun or Yoori.

           I gave up listening to him because if I continue the dried-up tears would fall again. When I heard Sooyun and Yoor opened my front door with the spare keys I have given them, I wanted to go to them for some comfort but I knew he was there, too. I lay still on my bed with the quilt around my whole body except my face.

           “Eunae! I am sorry! I will never ever leave you. Please don’t do this to –” I didn’t let Jonghyun finished his sentence, I turned my wet frighten face away from him.

           “Please, Eunae! Don’t leave me like that! I will not listen to them! YOU are my life now! I will NEVER change my feelings towards you!” Jonghyun roared.

           I could not stop the tears from running down my cheeks, of course I would go back to your life but, this isn’t a fairy tale nothing works like what we wanted.

           “You don’t have to answer me right now; I will meet you in the park in an hour. If you don’t show up, I will leave your life and never disturb you ever again,” Jonghyun slowly walked out the door.

           “Eunae? What’s wrong?” Sooyun asked, as she walked to my bed.

           My tears fall faster than they ever had. I explained everything to them with many long pauses in the middle. They waited for me to finish, they knew I needed to let everything out before they interrupted me. After I finished, they asked me what I really wanted to do. I did not know what I wanted. Leaving him would give him good future but it would rip my heart into pieces that could not be piece back together. But, being with him would accomplish my life. Why was this so hard?

           “Do you want to go back to him?” Yoori asked, after my long pause of thinking.

           “If you love him so much, don’t give up! We both could see the love he has for you in his eyes, he isn’t ready to give you up either,” Sooyun sat down beside me and held my shaking hands.

           “Are you ready to give up?” Yoori asked.

           I shook my head.

           “Well, go find your love than!” Yoori said, jumped up from my bed, “Go find him! You have half an hour left! Go!”

           I stood up, I will find my love, and I am not ready to give him up! Jonghyun! Wait for me! I am coming! I hugged and thanked both of my friends and ran out my house. Fresh air ran up my nose and my mouth, I could taste the sweetness from the tip of my tongue. I ran straight from my house to the park, I looked around the pitch black park. The lights were off because of how late it was. I couldn’t see him, where are you? I thought you are going to wait for me! I started panicking; Jonghyun wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Just then I heard the screeching sound of the swings, I turned to see where the sound was coming from and I saw him. Sitting on the swings all by himself in the dark. I walked up and sat down on the swing beside him.

           “I remember this park, my parents used to take me and my sister here every single Sunday morning. We would always play on these swings until it’s time for lunch. My family and I would all sit down and eat the great sandwiches my mother made for us. My sister would always let me chose first, and take the one I didn’t want. They loved me, cared for me like I am a priceless crystal. But everything changed when I grew up, my parents are always arguing and my sister couldn’t take it anymore, so she left us when she found her new boyfriend who hated me. My parents both killed in a car crash and my last words to them were ‘I hate you’ right before they had their accident,” I confessed my whole childhood to him in just 5 minutes. I didn’t know why I did this, but this might be the best way to start our conversation.

           “Wow, your childhood was not a happy one, but I will not leave you like your family did,” he said. He stood up from the swings and knelt in front of me, “Look, I am not ready to let go of you. Are you?”

      I stood up and pulled his collar down so his face was the same level as mine. I kissed his lips, a kiss that told him everything I wanted to tell him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his pulled me closer to him. He pulled away from me, I could feel my heart beating ten times faster than it used to and my breath became in a wild gasp. I looked up and found his eyes looking down at me.

“Is that your answer?” he breathed.

      I blushed and nodded, “Yes.”

He pulled my face up to his again, but this time, his lips seemed like he wanted more, demanding for more. My fingers tangled in his hair, knowing that if I held on to him, we would never be separated again.

 

 

           “Tell me what you were thinking when I closed the door on you,” I asked as we walked back to my house together.

           “I thought you were joking, there was never a girl that slams the door in my face,” he said jokingly.

           “And how do you feel about that?”

           “Hurt but curious,” he said, “Are you willing to give up everything for me? Leave the country, and we can start a new life somewhere else where no one can find us,” his eyes were so serious.

           “Start a new life? Like moving to a new country?”

           “Yes, we can go to France. I used to live there; I still have a house there. We can start our new life there. I can teach you French and my parents will never find us there.”

           I hesitated, but remembered Yoori’s words ‘find your love’. “Yes, I am willing to start a new life. But under one condition,” he nodded, “it can only happen after highschool.”