Chapter 1

The Loving Devil

 

“Eunae!”

           My name was not a very common name for girls to have, so whenever I hear it my first reaction would always be to check to see who was calling me. But this time, it was not a smart idea because of the stairs I was on. I thought I would fall down the stairs and hit my head like usual. But this time, something changed. Someone’s large and warm hands held onto my arm and waist to prevent me from falling down the stairs. I sighed in relief but gasped of the strong hold on my arm and waist.

           “Oh my god! Eunae, are you okay?! “Sooyun, one of my best friends, ran up to me, “Stop scaring me like that! Can’t you watch…”She looked up from me and saw the guy behind me who still had his hold on me.

           “Em… Thank you for catching me,” I quickly stood straight so he could let go of me, “I’ve never seen you before. Are you a new student here?”

           “Babo!” he said instead of answering my question. After he answered us, he walked away like nothing just happened.

           “What’s with him?” Sooyun snorted as she walked back to class with me.

“Who cares? By the way, were you the one who called me before, quote unquote died?”

“Yea… Sorry… Well, I just wanted to let you know that we have a new student in class.”

We have a new student? It better not be that guy. My mind flashed through the scene of the touch his hands on my arm and waist. STOP! Eunae?! Why would you think of someone who was so mean to you? I shook my head to block away my weird thoughts.

 

“Welcome class!” the teacher said, “We have a new student! Let’s welcome him in!”

We all applaud as the new student walked into the room, when I saw him my eyes almost popped out of their sockets.  It’s him! He is the new student?! Why him? Why to this class? Why me? I could not stop my eyes as they followed him walked up to the front of the room.

“My name is Kim Jonghyun,” He saw my stare and flashed a smirk at me.

At that moment, I knew my highschool life would not be as peaceful as it was anymore. I looked down from his eyes and stared at my notebook. I started to doodle on it.

 “Eunae! Why did that Jonghyun guy just smiled at you? Do you know him?” Yoora, my other best friend, asked while tugging my arm.

“Of course she does! He saved our Princess’s !” Sooyun chuckled as she replied Yoora for me.

“He what?!” Yoora said, “Tell me EVERYTHING!”

“Ladies! Quiet down! Sooyun, I need you to move to the back. Jonghyun you can take Sooyun’s seat beside Eunae. Eunae, raise your hand so Jonghyun will know where you are,” Mr. Dou assigned.

“Wae?!” Sooyun cried out loud just as I did.

“You girls talk too much; I need to separate you girls. Do it now,” the teacher said.

“We meet again,” Jonghyun whispered to me as soon as he sat down beside me. As he sat down, he trailed his finger down my arm, caused me to blush so hard.

Why was this evil devil sitting beside me? This day just couldn’t get any worse. Teacher! Why are to doing this to me?I looked straight into the teacher’s eyes trying to get him to save me from this devil. But it did not seem to be working.

“You better watch out when you walk down the stairs because I am not going to be there next time to save you,” He put his face so close to mine, I could feel his sweet breath against my ear.

“I do NOT need you to save me!” I pushed him away and turned my burning red face away from him. I swear to god I heard him chuckle as I turned my head.