Out

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

I had almost dropped my Starbucks when I saw that bouquet of blue roses. Is it from the same person? I have really no idea what’s going on now and to top it all off, my assistant, Sulli came tumbling into my door.

“Soobin-sshi, you have an appointment with Lee enterprises in an hour.” She reminded me and it brought me back to reality.

“Lee Enterprises? Are they of relation to our current project?” I asked.

“No. Their CEO requested to see you.”

“Why wasn’t I informed?” I was shocked. Why didn’t she tell me?

“I asked you and you told me to put it today at the time you specified.” She said and now I blame myself. Lucky for me, as a designer, we have to be well dressed as we represent our brand. I nodded my head and sat down on my chair. Today will be a long day. I looked at the bouquet of roses as Suli stood at the door, looking at me and at the roses.

“Would you like me to get you a vase?” She asked. I wanted to protest, but I had no energy for that so I nodded me head. When I was done with the flower, it was time to go.

I got into my Audi Q3 as I drove off to Lee enterprises. Why would the CEO want to see me? I don’t think I know him or her or have any relationship with him or her that I can remember. Or maybe he or she just wants me to design for them a personal wardrobe. That must be it.

When I got to the Lee enterprise building, I was horrified, rather shocked. It is so modern  and it looks totally new. I headed to the reception to find a lady with a concaved shaped hair.

“How may I help you?” She asked.

“I have an appointment with Mr. Lee I assume.” I said.

“Your name?” She asked.

“Park Soobin.” I answered as she picked up the phone, punched a few numbers, nodded a few times before she passed me a visitor’s pass.

“Mr Lee’s office is on the 27th floor.” She smiled as I made my way to the lift. The security guard smile at me as I walked pass him. I punched the button for the 27th floor and up went the lift.

When the door opened, it revealed a foyer with couches at the walkway and another desk with a lady who looked just like the one before typing on her keyboard. When I took my first step out of the lift, she looked up at me due to the clicking of my heels.

“You must be Miss Park.” She said.

“I am.” I answered as she guided me down another longer corridor and stopped in front of the office which is at the end, I assume where the CEO is at.

She greeted me and left me standing in front of a pair of double doors. I knocked gently and I heard ‘Come in’.

When I went in, the CEO had the back of his chair facing me so I don’t know who it is. Looking around the office, it is so neat and tidy as if everything has its own position in this office. However, what shocked me was no that the CEO was an old man, but it was none other than Lee Hyukjae.

I stood there motionless for a good 10 seconds before I realized what had just happened. He looked at me with his famous cold expression, but it has totally no effect on me. Why did I even think he was ok for a moment in University? I must have been out of my mind.

“Sit.” He said as I took a seat on the nearest couch which is at least 7 steps away. He took a seat on the couch opposite me and as if it was on cue, his secretary brought in 2 cups of tea. Is it just me or does all the ladies working in his office look the same?

“You must be curious why I asked you here.” He said taking a sip of his tea.

“Kind of. Since I only know about our appointment today.” I muttered the last part to myself.

“Are you busy today?” He asked as he place his cup down on his saucer.

“Not so.” I answered since I just finished a major project and I was intending to slack off today.

“Then I would like to borrow your time for today.” He said as he went to his intercom, talking to his secretary.

“Yoona, cancel all my other appointments. I have something to attend to today.” He said before coming back to the couch.

“As I was saying, I would like to borrow your time today.” He looked at me intensely. I could feel as if my whole body was flush now. Why is he looking at me like that?

“Why do you need to borrow my time?” I tried to hide my stuttering or show any sign that I was nervous.

“I need to show you something before telling you my proposal.” He said.

“Alright then. Since it’s why I’m here for.” I said and stood up. When we walked out of his office, I don’t know that if its just me or that he had 2 bodyguards at his door, following us.

When we got to the ground floor, I saw some ladies gasping in shock while some bow in respect. One of his body guard asked me for the visitor’s pass as he passed it to the lady behind the reception who had a very composed look.

As we got out of his building, I saw a Mini limo waiting for us. The drvier stood by the passenger door, bowing in respect and opened the door. He gestured me to enter the car and I did as I was told. The car was spacious and comfortable. A car suitable for a CEO. He followed suit behind me and took a seat next to me.

“Yunho, MyeongDong” He said.

I sat beside him awkwardly as I heard soft classing music humming in the background.

“How have you been, Soobin-sshi?” He asked, breaking the silence.

“I have been doing ok. I see you have been real successful.” I said, trying to ease the tension.

“I guess so too. It seems like I’ve been putting so much time on work, making it all so big that one year had passed.” He smiled a small smile which I found really charming.

“You are a great businessman.” I complimented him.

“Thank you. You aren’t bad yourself. Aren’t you?” He looked at me, his eyes twinkling with delight.

“I don’t know.” I smiled.

When we got to myeong dong, the streets were not too crowded since it’s a working morning. Walking around, I realize how long have I not been out of my office. No wonder Haemin always ask me to step out of my office to see what is going on.

“Isn’t it nice to take some time off work and walk around?” He asked me. And I nodded. The cool morning breeze blowing on our faces as we can hear soft footsteps of each other. However, the shoes I wore today was of no condition to walk around for the whole day. After about half an hour, I can feel my knees starting to hurt.

“Are you alright?” He asked me as I’m starting to stagger as I walk.

“I’m fine. It’s just my shoes.” I try to not hiss in pain, but he looked and saw I was wearing a 3 inch stilettos.

“Wait here.” He said after leading me to sit on a nearby bench. While waiting for him, I hit my legs gently to ease the pain. It was then he appeared with a carrier from a shoe shop. What shop is opened at 10am?

From the carrier, he took out a box containing a pair of black pumps. He kneeled in front of me and took off my stilettos and slipped those shoes on for me. I was shocked at what he did. The CEO of Lee enterprises is wearing my shoes for me while kneeing.

“Hyukjae sshi, It’s alright.” I try to protest, but he held on my leg firmly as he slipped on the other pair. I looked around in embarrassment as more and more people are walking on myeongdong street. He stood up with a victorious smile and passed the bag to Yunho who appeared out of no where.

“Put it in the car.” He said and Yunho is off. Was he with us all the time? How come I didn’t realize?

“Are you hungry?” He asked me.

“I don’t have a breakfast habit.” I told him since I never wake up for work on time.

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don’t skip it. It’s bad for your health.” He said, trying not to furrow his brows, but was unsuccessful so I stifled a laugh. He looked at me in amusement.

“I know of a good breakfast place.” He said as he led the way. I was quite reluctant to have breakfast, but as we entered the shop, the break smells so good that I cannot resist not having one.

“What would you like to drink?” He asked me as we took a seat at a table in the quiet café.

“Hot chocolate would be good.” I said and he looked at me in amusement.

 I wonder what got him into the mood to bring me out for breakfast? Isn’t this suppose to be some kind of business meeting? What did he mean by he wants to show me something before telling me about his proposal? When I was still in my thoughts, he came back with our breakfast.

“Their bread here is really good.” He said, taking a sip of his coffee. I just looked at him.

“You don’t take coffee?” He asked as he took a bit of his fluffy bread.

“Not really a coffee person.” I said as he place a bread in front of me, asking me to eat. I just looked at him. I really have no mood to eat today morning. I shook my head and his eyebrows furrow into a line and he place it back onto the plate.

“Not a breakfast person either?” He asked and I nodded. He ate his bread slowly and I’m amuzed at how someone can look so beautiful while eating breakfast. Hold up a second… Did I just say he’s beautiful? I must be going nuts now.

He look so out of place in this coffee house. His jet back hair is in contrast to his fair skin, making him look like he’s glowing and his crisp black suit. I feel like he doesn’t belong to this place. He ooked up at me all of a sudden and I blush. Did he just catch me staring at him? In actually fact, I wasn’t even staring. I was just looking and observing. Yes, that’s it.

“Let’s go.” He said as I took the last sip of my hot chocolate. As it was autumn now, the weather starts to become more chilly and I can feel goose bumps forming on my arm as I stepped out of that warm coffee house. I rubbed my arm, trying to keep myself warm, but no to no avail.

Suddenly, I felt an arm around my back as a warm hand resting on my arm. It was Hyukjae. I looked at him as he had a small smile on his face, looking forward. I felt another blush creeping up my face. How can he have such impact on me?

“Let’s go to my office. You must be cold.” He said as we walked back to the car.

When we were back in the car, I felt much warmer and to add on, Hyukjae took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders. I wanted to protest, but he silenced me as he placed his hands on mine.

“Now Let us go back and discuss that proposal.”