Chapter 1

You're My Missing Puzzle Piece [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key:

'Naeun's thoughts’ Light Purple

'Dongwoo's thoughts’ Teal

‘Myungsoo’s thoughts' Blue

7:00am Sunday Morning Early August 

Naeun woke up extra early today to go for a walk. She grabbed her dorm keys, locked the door, and then made her way to the elevator. As she walked out of the building, she remembered that there was a park nearby. She decided to pick up the pace as she took a sharp left, but she ran into a tall figure. 

"Ouch-" the stranger said accompanied by a loud thud as they both landed on the ground.

"Oh- I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking." Naeun apologized as she rubbed her head and looked up from the ground to see a guy who seems a bit familiar. 'Maybe I saw him around school or something.'

"That's for sure" he said as he got up and dusted himself. He scanned her with his judging eyes and furrowed eyebrows. 

"Here let me help-" Naeun offered to help him clean up but she got interrupted by his rough voice. 

"Don't touch me, pabo(idiot)-" He scoffed and walked away.

"Sheesh... someone got up from the wrong side of the bed" Naeun mumbled to herself as she continued to walk to the park. When she finally arrived at the park, she headed straight for the swings. She let out a heavy sigh, and then started to rant aloud to herself about rude that guy was. "Who does he think he is anyway. He's not the king. And idiot?! HE'S calling ME an idiot?!" she kept going on and on until a familiar voice appeared.

"You know, if I weren't here, people would think you're crazy" Naeun turned to the swing next to her and saw her best friend chuckling to himself. Dongwoo munched on some popcorn and offered her some. "Want some?" he offered the bag. She nodded and grabbed a hand full of popcorn. By looking at how they were on the swings, it reminded her of when they just met.

*FLASHBACK*

(4 years ago: A park in their hometown )

12-year-old Naeun was sitting on one of the swings crying because of an argument she had at home after dinner causing her to run away. 

"Hey" a voice said as they plopped on the swing next to her.

"Hmm?" Naeun looked up to see a boy that looked about the same age as her. He just stared at her until he broke the silence by bursting into laughter. "Bwahahaha you okay? You cried a lot that it made your face all puffy" he smiled and pinched her cheeks. "I'm okay." She lied as she pouted. However, his cheerful attitude did cheer her up a bit... just a bit. "Nope, you're not okay at all. Here, let me show you something." he said as he grabbed her hand and led her to the top of a hill. 

"Just wait for it" he said with a smile looking off to the distance. 

"Wait for what-" She was interrupted by an explosion of fireworks.

Naeun forgot that there was a festival going on nearby. "Wow that's so beautiful! Wait... it's almost 10pm, and you're out here by yourself?" she asked while tilting her head. 

"You're out here by yourself too" he pointed out with an 'in matter of fact' tone.

'Haha.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter