Escaped

Dreamcatcher

‘I want to escape.’

That is all in your mind. Right now you're packing up your bag. There is nothing much but just a comb, three extra shirts, your diary – that you kept secretly away and your most valuable item, a photo of your family.

You stared at the thin piece of hard plastic protecting the photo for a long time, remembering how you were taken away from your parents. Your mother was killed trying to protect you from being taken away while your father’s death news came to you when you were 10 years old.  Apparently heryour father went missing and is proclaimed dead after  being missing for 3 months.

A tear dripped down on to the photo as you wiped your tears away. ‘Eomma, appa.. today, I’ll try to escape. Please be with me and save me.’ You whispered to yourself as you clutches the photo near your chest.

Stuffing everything into a small brown sack; for you do not have a bag. You waited and waited until it was midnight. You know the security was tight 24 hours a day, but you want to try. Your determination to escape flared through your body. In your 12 years being locked up in Centre Core, you managed to find an escape route. For the last 5 years, you have been planning this escape.

You're sick and tired of how you are treated; as a pet and an investment to earn more money for Centre Core. You are  like the rare white tiger in a zoo. People treated you nice, but not as a human. If you were to break the rules, you will be severely whipped; like a tiger in the zoo.

When the right time comes, you sneaked out her room as silent as a mouse. Your bare feet touching the marble cold floor with every step you took. Reaching a small door that leads to the equipment room where all spare and extra equipments used for the extraction process are kept in freezing temperature.

You grabbed the cold hard handle of the door and pushed it open as quietly as possible. You leapt into the room and shuddered at the change of temperature. You looked around; the room is small but big enough to fit 3 extracting machines. Seeing those machines, you felt a chill down your spine. You hated how that thing brings you so much pain; physically and mentally.

You managed to find a small door elevator, just big enough to fit yourself. It is used to carry the items up from the ground floor. You sat in the elevator and pressed down. As the elevator starts to rumble loudly, you prayed. You knew when this elevator is to move, the Dreamcatchers will eventually know someone is trying to escape for no one uses this elevator after 8.00pm.

You heard footsteps approaching the equipment room and you panicked. The elevator is moving too slowly. As the door opened, light shone in to the room but thankfully you have taken the elevator down.

Allyou hoped now is that there will be no one at the ground floor because once you reached the ground floor, you will run to the nearest gate. Gate 8, you remembered that it was broken therefore you will be able to escape!

As the elevator reached the ground floor with a ding, you rushed out. Your cold and bare feet running across the dark pavements, reaching to Gate 8. As soon as you manage to hold onto the gate, sirens blared through, the spotlights and you felt a hand grabbed onto your wrist.

You're about to scream until the man clasped a man over your mouth. He held you there for a silent moment, avoiding the lights. You started to sweat and tears flowed out. You knew it would be the end of you if you get caught now.

After the sirens died down, the man let you off. You, too shock to say a word just stared at the Dreamcatcher. You recognized him. Mr. Roku. He used to be your cell guards in the morning until he was transferred to another department. He was a nice man. He is the only Dreamcatcher to have been nice to you and talked to you, sometimes he smuggled in chocolate bars for you.

Mr.Roku smiled down at you and opened Gate 8 with his ID card. ‘You think they did not get this gate fixed, did you?’

You were too lost for words until Mr.Roku pushed you out and handed you a namecard. ‘I’m sure you have nowhere to go. Find this place and you’ll be safe.’ He tapped the card on your palm. ‘At least, you can be safe until you’re 19.’ Mr.Roku said.

‘W-wait. Why are you doing this?’ You asked.

‘My son, he escaped the centre some time ago. I want you to go tell him, that I’m still well and alive.’ He replied.

‘I-I will. T-thank you Mr.Roku. Take care.’ With that you ran off as fast as you could. Your bare feet hurting as pebbles scratched your skin. After knowing that you are a safe distance away, you slowed down.

You stared at the namecard in your hand, a golden namecard with nothing printed on it except for the letters

B - T - S

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so, how is it up until now, guys?

i hope you liked it! BTS will be appearig from next chapter onwards!

please comment and subscribe~!

/throws hearts/