Chapter 1: Wake-up!

APPA HYUNG (Contest Entry to AFF Summer Fic Writing Contest)

 

Chapter 1: Wake-up!

Present day:

Opening the door and walking into the dark room, his hand automatically found the light switch by the left side of the wall. He flick the switch, light-on,"Time to wake-up, and come out of your hibernation, Little Bear. I already have your lunch ready." His eyes were on the sleeping form on the bed covered by a comforter,  "come on now, Little Bear, wakie-wakie."

No response.

Jaejoong walked closer and stopped by the bed. He placed one hand on the bed to brace himself while the other hand pulled down the comforter to reveal the occupant. A hoodie with ears came into view and a smile broke on Jaejoong’s face. Next to the ear was another ear, smaller this time, but no face of the hooded figure nor the white teddy bear. Both were on their sides and so close together they were covering each other's faces. An arm was draped across the white bear.

Shaking his shoulder then pulling the hoodie a little to reveal a fraction of a face that showed deep slumber, he touched the cheek with a light to and fro movement of his finger. There was no response. "Come on, Little Bear,” Jaejoong cooed, “time to wake-up."

With a mischievous smile, he bent down with his forearm on the bed and moved in closer. He then s his arm around the other’s stomach area and tried to tickle him. A tiny whispered groan was the response.

"Come now, Little Bear," he climbed on the bed and lay on top of the comforter stretched against the  hooded figure. Bent forward with one arm to brace himself, he tried to peek more at him. He lifted the ear and tried to tickle him with it, "Little Bear."

Again, a tiny whispered groan, "Come on, sleepy head, wake-up!"

A hardly audible whisper, "Appa. .aa. ." muffled by the teddy bear. He tried to tickle him some more, "I know you're already awake."

"hmmmm"

Dongho turned his body, chest flat on the bed, though his arm is still on the white bear. Jaejoong put his hand on his back, "Come on now, Pet, time to get up. You already had a long nap. After breakfast, I already let you sleep, half the day away."

He turned his head towards the other side and though half awake, he whispered groggily, "Appa Hyung, let us just stay in bed.  Let's not go out today."'

"No can do, Pet, we have an event to go to."

"Please, Appa Hyung, let's just stay."

Sitting up and sliding to the edge of the bed, half- turned back to him, he patted him lightly on the back, "Come on Pet, get up now."

Groaning and mumbling, "hmmmm Ap . . pa."

"Dongho."

More groaning, "ahmm-hmm"

Jaejoong stood up, took his arm from under the comforter and pulled hard, dragging the younger one from his position, but still keeping him on the bed.

"hmmm Appa Hyung."

"Do I drag you, carry you or what?"

Turning his body around, stretching, yawning, but still not opening his eyes, he then moved the comforter aside with his arm, though his lower half is still beneath, peddling his legs trying to get the comforter off of him. Now, with the comforter completely off and Jaejoong smiling, he admired the sleepwear of his little brother: a complete suit of a light golden bear with white around the hood and  the ears. 'He looks so cute.  And here I am, wearing gray boxer shirt, jeans and socks.' 

He bent down a little and pulled his arm until he was in a sitting position. Still, though he sat in a cross-legged position with arms limp on his legs without opening his eyes and his head bent, he just sat there.

An involuntary smile broke from his lips, a tiny tip of his tongue came out, 'Ye, cute, and a pain in the ,' deep breath, 'Patience.'  "Dongho," he placed his hand on top of his head, "no more dallying, come."

With a deep breath and barely opened eyes, Dongho turned his body and went to the edge of the bed. With legs on the edge and feet dangling, he bent down to look for his slippers, a big fluffy pair of bear slippers with ears, nose and mouth of a bear, though blurry eyed he saw his slippers at once.  He put his socked feet inside the slippers and got up. Then with eyes closed once again, just stood there. Taking his hand, Jaejoong pulled him behind him, and guided him towards the bathroom. And, Dongho, with a fraction of his eyes open, allowed himself to be pulled and just followed.

Upon reaching the bathroom, they walked towards the sink and Jaejoong took Dongho’s toothbrush, opened the toothpaste, spread some on the toothbrush, put the toothpaste down, took his hand and placed the toothbrush in the other’s hand, "Here, your toothbrush, go on, brush your teeth," Jaejoong picked the toothpaste up again, closed it and placed it back in its holder. "I want you to be done, in few minutes, do your business as well, I'll wait in the kitchen," he said, walking out, and closing the door behind him.

Opening his eyes wide, Dongho looked at himself at the mirror, "Why can't we just stay? It's just an award ceremony.” He stared for a minute more then opened the faucet, scoop some water to his mouth and gargled and spit the water out to the basin. After that he ran the toothbrush under the water, put the toothbrush to his mouth and started brushing his teeth. He closed the faucet, while brushing his teeth. He looked at the mirror, watched himself brush his teeth.

After he came out from the bathroom, he went to the living room and sprawled on the sofa. When Jaejoong went looking that was where he found him. With a small smile-pout, he came closer and stood beside the sofa. He reached his hand out and touched the younger one’s nose, "You, how come, you're here. I told you to go to the kitchen," he said, patting him on the shoulder, "get up, and  get a move on."

Struggling to get up, Dongho slowly sat up, eyes blinking unfocused. The older sibling took his hand, and pulled him from the sofa. The younger brother allowed himself to be pulled, and hand in hand, the two went to the kitchen.

The older sibling pulled him to the table, held him by the shoulder as he sat the younger one down who just looked at the food in front of him.

"What? What is the matter, now?"

Dongho puffed his cheeks and just stared at the food.

"I cooked that, Little Bear, and, there is no one else here, but the two of us."

Dongho turned his head and looked up to his brother, with an apologetic look, " I'm sorry, Appa Hyung,"  He returned his gaze at the food and put his hands together, "Thank you, for the food," he said with a small bow of his head. He picked up the chop sticks, took a deep breath, and started eating by taking a small portion of food to his lips.

The older sibling could only look on with a sad smile. He placed his hand on the other’s hooded head, "Eat well, Little Bear." He went to the seat across and sit down, placed his hands together,a slight bow of his head, "Thank you, for the food." and started eating with his younger brother.