chapter four

Mystery Illusion

“YOU GUYS ARE GOING OUT?!” Juri and Jesse yelled out in sync when Yasui and Keigo broke the news to them on the roof top. “Shhhh! I don’t want everyone to know!” Yasui blushed. “Besides, what are you two so surprised for? You were the ones who told me to go for it…”

“Yeah, but we didn’t expect this…” Jesse answered, still completely shocked.

“We thought you’d get turned down.. right?” Juri chuckled as he turned to Jesse. Yasui pouted.

“Hey, what are you laughing about?” Yasui said as he turned to Keigo who stood beside him laughing to himself as if thinking he’s invisible. “Nothing” Keigo smiled gracefully back at him making his heart skip a beat.

“Well… I guess you’re part of us now..” Jesse said quietly. “Yeah, but if you make Yasui cry, we won’t forgive you.” Juri said seriously cornering Keigo. 

“Alright, alright I get it” Keigo chuckled, then they all laughed.


As days went by, Yasui noticed Keigo smiled a lot more during class. He even interacted well with Juri and Jesse. Acting like they’ve always been friends. The group of four of them would always eat lunch together, go to karaoke together after school, but not forgetting to give each pair the privacy and lone time they needed with each other. 

“Hey, it’s Sunday tomorrow, where should we go?” Juri asked energetically whilst feeding Jesse a piece of his fried chicken. “Let’s go to a theme park!” Yasui jumped.

“Yeah! Let’s go! I haven’t been to one for ages!” Jesse said with his mouth full.

“So it’s decided! We shall go on a double date to the theme park!” Juri shouted happily whilst pumping his fist in the air. “Don’t put it that way…” Jesse nudged Juri as he blushed. Keigo chuckled at this which caused Jesse and Juri to start tackling him whilst Yasui sat in his spot and laughed.


*********

It was the day of the double date and Keigo was the first one to arrive at the train station where they planned to meet. Without having to wait long, Juri, who was extremely excited, soon joined him. 

“As expected, the two dominant ones come first! Have you waited long?”

“No, I arrived no long ago” Keigo said with a smile.

They stood around planning out the day ahead of them whilst waiting for their partners to join them.

Yasui and Jesse who came together soon spotted the other two who were waiting. Yasui started to run towards them happily but felt Jesse’s hand holding him back. 

“Hm? Jesse, what’s wrong?” Yasui asked with a confused expression as he turned around to face the one holding onto him. “I have a plan...” Jesse said with a smirk.

Juri received a text message from Jesse saying that he was with Yasui but they would be at least an hour late. Juri then whined and told Keigo the situation. They stood there in silence.
On the other hand, Jesse and Yasui started creeping up behind them, standing a little distance away to see if they’d notice. Juri kept his head down in disappointment. Keigo then pulled out his music player, put one ear plug in his ear and gave the other to Juri. 

Jesse gave Yasui a nod as a signal then they both covered Keigo and Juri’s eyes from behind which gave a two a shock. “I thought you said you were going to be late!” Juri shouted with a smile at Jesse. “We were actually here all along~ I just wanted to see your disappointed reaction!” Jesse laughed “But Keigo didn’t have much of a reaction…”

“That’s because I saw you a while ago” 

“What? How?!” Yasui gasped.

Keigo then leaned closer to Yasui whispering “I can spot you anywhere” as he smiled. A red flush of red appeared on Yasui’s face as he looked down in embarrassment. 

“Well, we’re all here now, should we get going?” Juri suggested. And with that, they happily went off together to catch the next train to the theme park. 


They arrived at the theme park, bought tickets and went crazy on the rides. They ate popcorn, ice-cream, crepes and many other things. Both couples hand in hand, walking around to see the theme parks gardens and exploring the shops. There was non-stop laughter and their excitement lasted the whole day.

When the sun started to set, the lights of the theme park lit up. Creating a completely different atmosphere. “Woah, the lights are so pretty” Yasui looked around in awe, completely mesmerized by the scenery. Keigo, however, was staring at Yasui and Yasui only. His heart skipping a beat at Yasui’s facial expressions of amazement. He looked around and saw Jesse and Juri happily buying ice-cream as he and Yasui waited at a bench nearby. “Let’s go off on our own now..” he whispered his suggestion to Yasui who was still amazed by the lights. “I’ll take you to a place you can see all the amazing lights of the theme parks and where it’ll be us two only”. Keigo took Yasui by the hand and pulled him along. 

They got on the Ferris wheel, a separate cart for just the two of them, however, both stayed quiet without saying a word. “Yasui… close your eyes”

Yasui’s nervousness grew. Heart beating fast. He could feel Keigo’s existence getting closer. “Now open them…” Yasui slowly opened his eyes to be welcomed by a beautiful view of the whole theme park lit up in lights from high above. “Woah… it’s beautiful..” 

Keigo pulled Yasui closer to him, hugging him tightly in his arms. “You’re so cute” Yasui’s buried his face in Keigo’s arms to hide the embarrassment. “Stop that..” he nudged with an embarrassed smile on his face. Keigo then leaned down to capture Yasui’s lips and Yasui happily returned the favour. “Today was the happiest day of my life… I love you” 


Their little ride of the Ferris wheel came to an end and so did their date at the theme park. 

They held hands and kept smiling at each other on the way home, completely forgetting that they had ditched Jesse and Juri completely. “You don’t have to take me home you know?”

Keigo smiled at Yasui’s statement. “I want to be with you, even if it’s just a little longer”. They soon arrived at the front gate of Yasui’s house and unfortunately had to bid their goodbyes. Yasui walked through the gate but turned around and ran back towards Keigo, giving him a quick peck on the cheek and running into the house. Keigo smiled and walked off towards the bus stop, however, he was stopped in his tracks. 

“I’ve been waiting for you … little brother” A tall boy not much older than Keigo spoke as a group of others gathered behind him.


“Myuto…”