Chapter 9

Myungsoo The Fake Psychiatrist

"Ahh.. Ah Well I am not Sungyeol?" Myungsoo blurted out. If he had no ability to fool Soo Min's parents, he could use Soo Min's help.

"MWOH?! What are you talking about?" Soo Min scrambled from Myungsoo and stared at him wide-eyed.

"My real name is Kim Myungsoo. Sungyeol is my brother, well long story how I ended up here, but I need your help! Sungyeol and I can't be jailed we got another younger brother to fend!" Myungsoo bit his lips, praying that Soo Min wouldn't drag him to the nearby police station and charged him for impersonation.

"Arrasso, Myungdoo, regardless whether you are a psychiatrist, you are my lovely helpful, understanding gay friend."Soo Min beamed and Myungsoo's heart relaxed, a wave of relief overcoming him.

"Just adhere to what I say alright?" Myungsoo chuckled, "And my name is Myungsoo not Myungdoo."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo fidgeted in his chair nervously while Soo Min glanced over with an amused expression. Myungsoo's worries were understandable. Being sent to prison along with his brother Sungyeol would leave poor Sungjong in the cold world.

The door knocked twice and opened.

A lady adorned with pricey articles walked in with an authorative male dressed with light blue suit and black tie. Myungsoo saw Soo Min rushed up to embrace them. They must be her parents.

"Good afternoon Mr and Mrs. I am Lee Sungyeol, Soo Min's attached psychiatrist." Myungsoo bowed a 90 degree bow and flashed a charming smile. 

"Hello Mr Lee, my daughter had spoke well of you during our visit, we were just thinking of coming over to observe the session. And of course, to thank you as well." They rested themselves and leaned forward waiting intently for Myungsoo to begin.

Myungsoo passed a sly wink to Soo Min.

" Soo Min can you recall what happened to you?" 

"I got assaulted. But I don't feel disgusted anymore, Sungyeol-sshi you made me realize the world holds more for me than to brood here in my lonely shell. More goals to achieve and more dreams to realize." Soo Min's eyes glistened and a few tears escaped her orbs.

This was out of the script, why is she saying this?

"I just felt so relieved that I am no longer stuck in a labyrinth. And that I found small things to laugh about, good food to try, great places to visit. I feel emptied of the sadness that had almost drowned me." Soo Min smiled genuinely at Myungsoo.

"I'm glad for you Soo Min I really am. I'm glad the shell you created is destroyed, that you can now go out and face the world." Myungsoo improvised his speech, also genuinely happy for Soo Min. Her words seemed real, not superficial but from the bottom of her heart. And Myungsoo was glad, he had relieved her of the pain through his whacky antics. He had done his part regardless of his status.

The script continued, the flawless responses and encouragments from Myungsoo.

"Bravo Mr Lee." Her parents clapped slowly and a wide grin spread across their faces. They shook Myungsoo's hands and promised to compliment him to his supervisor, which Myungsoo blushed and rejected politely but they insisted. Having seen their child Soo Min stepping up to talk again was indeed a feat accomplished.

"We got to go somewhere, see you later Soo Min." They twisted the doorknob and Myungsoo bowed respectfully with Soo Min waving enthusiastically back at them.

The room was quiet again and Myungsoo turned around and smiled.

"Thank you," His voice barely above a whisper, soaked with gratitude and unexplainable happiness.

"I meant every word I said there Myungdoo," Soo Min hugged Myungsoo and Myungsoo felt her smile.

"It's Myungsoo. You can call me by my real name from now on. And I'm grateful for saving me and my family's ." Myungsoo chuckled and hugged Soo Min back.

Thump Thump Thump.

His heart was racing for the first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo had left, leaving Soo Min quietly smiling to herself in the room. Myungsoo had abolished all her negative thoughts as time went by with him, she was impressed by Myungsoo's never ending optimism, albeit losing his parents and struggling through his years. How he always encouraged her to look positively, bury the sad things away, crack jokes and bought her little gifts to make her happy.

And who cares that he was not indeed a real psychiatrist, he had saved her, moulded her back to the bubbly girl she was.

"What a pity he is gay, I would have fallen in love with him." Soo Min chuckled silently to herself and hugged the panda stuffie Myungsoo had bought.

The door clicked open.

"OH OMMA APPA!" Her parents were back after leaving for 2 hours.

"We just came back from the airport. Soo Min it's a rushed decision but let me explained. Our motives of watching you and Mr Lee also included whether you are mentally well to face the world. And you seem pretty good dear." Her father patted her head as Soo Min gushed.

"So Umma and Appa will bring you along with us to America. We can't leave you here for another few months without our care. We felt bad enough for neglecting you, so we are bringing you along alright?" Her mother her hair but Soo Min freezed.

"That means I can't see Mr Lee anymore?"

"I know he is really wonderful but Soo Min, as you said there are more places to visit. Let go of the past dear. Tomorrow will be Mr Lee's final counselling session with you."