Chapter II

A Heart of Glass

        Meanwhile, Suho was rather shocked that Mi Young asked him on a date. She wasn’t the best student. Mi Young was the type of girl who would rather attend wild parties on the day before an exam than studying. In his opinion, Sooyung was a better student. But of course, he didn’t voice that out.

            “So, what do you say Oppa?” Mi Young cooed. Suho mentally cringed. She was so close to him to the point he could see her mascara flaking. It was rather repulsive.

            “Well, Miyoung,” Suho started, (Mi Young was looking rather eagerly at him) “I’m focusing on my studying right now. The finals are three weeks from now. It’s best if we study and do well on it. After all, it’s worth twenty five percent of your grade.”

            “You’re saying you’re not going out with me?” Mi Young’s lower lip trembled, a failed attempt at looking innocent. Again, if Suho wasn’t Suho, then he would have just said no. But this is Suho we’re talking about; he would never reject a girl straight out. No, he would either hint it or make some sort of excuse. For once, Mi Young’s pint-sized brain seemed to understand this. In fact, a 2 gigabyte flash drive probably has more capacity than Mi Young’s brain.

            “I need to stu—“ Suho was interrupted by Mi Young suddenly bawling.

            “Why oppa? Why?” she screamed, her mascara streaming down like two putrid rivers. Nearby students walked past them like nothing’s happening, but on the inside, they were all curious of the dramatic event.

            “I told you, I need to study,” Suho was getting a bit impatient now, but he still retained his cool.

            “Is it a girl?” Mi Young asked out of desperation. “Because if it is, I’ll hunt her down and rip her into bloody, unrecognizable shreds.” She was in a rage now, sputtering about what she would do to the girl. Her diminutive brain did not compute by saying abhorrent things about the girl Suho liked, she was not getting on his good side.

            “Of course it’s not a girl.” Suho nearly scoffed. But he himself knew too well that was a lie.