Year 2010

A Best Friend's Confession.

      “I can eat corn dogs forever!” Amber said, with full of food. Amber grabbed another corn dog, and ate half in one go.

Yah! Have more manners, will you?” Victoria said, as she slapped a napkin onto Amber’s face. “You’re the second oldest, yet you act like a baby. I swear.” Victoria ranted.

Krystal laughed at her unnies, while she grabbed some more popcorn. Krystal felt like she was about to explode, she had ate three corndogs, one cheeseburger, two crepes, and one large lemonade drink. Although, Krystal did not regret eating all that food, in fact she was extremely happy. If she could have more birthdays like this one, then she wouldn’t mind celebrating her birthday.

Krystal was about to grab another corn dog, when her phone started ringing. Perplexed, Krystal answered her phone.

“Hell-”

“You have to come back home!” Jessica urged. Krystal noticed distress in Jessica’s voice, and it made her uneasy. “Why? What happen? Did Dad find out?” Krystal said alarmed. She stood up and started to grab her things. Krystal friends looked at her with concern; the last thing they wanted was to get her in trouble. Krystal waved goodbye and made her way to the exit. “Krystal…” Jessica’s voice trembled, as if she had been crying for hours. Krystal feared her sister would break. “Jessica, where are you? I’ll be there in a bit. Jessi-”

“Calvin died.”

      Krystal exits the bus and made her way to the train station. In a daze she had made her way there. Her sister’s words echoed in her brain. “Calvin died.” Even when he was gone, Calvin had managed to ruin her birthday once again.

Tears threaten to escape Krystal’s eyes. Once again, she felt like the poor defenseless fourteen year old, he had hurt. She felt amongst the crowd of people. All Krystal wanted to do was run away, and hide under her covers.

Krystal took her rail pass, and tapped it on the machine to get into the train’s platform.  Krystal looked down, and dared not to make eye contact with anyone, when a certain voice caught her attention.

“I swear I had my pass. It was in my hands.” Chanyeol told the officer. “Mmhm.” Said the officer, he had heard that excuse many times before.

 

Krystal looked up to see Chanyeol talking to a patrol officer. The officer looked very displeased as he wrote down a citation for Chanyeol. Krystal tilted her head to the side. Suddenly, she remembered she had Amber’s pass in her backpack, without second thought she ran back to the machine, and tapped the pass. Krystal made her way back to Chanyeol and the officer.

Oppa!” Krystal voiced, loud enough for them to hear. Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. “Why did you leave me?” Krystal said in English, as she wrapped both of her arms around Chanyeol’s arm. Krystal pouted, showing her best aegyo. One thing she was certain was that the officer did not know English. “Oppa!” Krystal whined, tugging Chanyeol’s arm. “Follow my lead” She ordered in English.

 

Oppa! Don’t you dare leave me again! I’ll get lost without you!” Krystal cautioned, in broken Korean. Krystal still remembered how to make an accent. “Who’s this?” The perplexed officer asked. Krystal had taken him off guard.

“Who am I?” Krystal looked around for an answer. “I’m his girlfriend.” Krystal announced, pointing to herself. “Girlfriend.” The word girlfriend felt like vomit in . How could she say such a thing! But it was too late to take back her words. Chanyeol stood there astonished, and looked away from Krystal’s gaze. “Ah, that’s right.” Chanyeol validated. “My girlfriend… isn’t she cute?” He awkwardly patted Krystal’s cheek.

“This is his pass.” Krystal offered the card to the officer. “We got in a fight, and he left me all alone.” She pouted. The officer had understood only half of what Krystal had said. “What were you two doing here?” The officer questioned.

“Amusement Park!” Chanyeol shouted.

“Vacation?” Krystal voiced.

They looked at each other. “We are here on vacation, and went to the amusement park?” Chanyeol tried to sound convincing. The officer eyed both of them, and began to write on his notepad. Krystal squeezed Chanyeol’s arm, in a sense of comfort.

“Young lady, where are you from and what’s your name?” The officer asked. “Uh… I’m from Ontario, Canada. My name is Kim Hara.” The officer nodded his head, and ripped the ticket out of his notepad, and handed it to Chanyeol. “You two have a good day.” And with that he left the two standing there.

Krystal looked at the ticket, well it was just warning. The officer had marked on the ticket that they were both lost foreigners.

      Inside the train, they didn’t sit next to each other. Krystal sat in the front, while Chanyeol sat all the way in the back.  Krystal dared not to look back, she felt pretty stupid calling herself his girlfriend. Where did that come from? She wondered.

Krystal sighed, and began to play with her fingers. One thing was certain she had seen Chanyeol at the amusement park. Krystal felt a sudden sadness explode in her chest. Krystal wasn’t sure why she felt so sad, but she was certain it had to do with Chanyeol. Krystal felt a bit betrayed, he was her best friend, and he never told her about the girl he was with, when she was open book. Well not really, she wasn’t that open, but she had told her deepest fears and secrets to Chanyeol. However, she never told him about Calvin. Krystal sighed once more, as she neared her stop. She quickly looked towards Chanyeol’s direction, but he was gone. She shrugged her shoulders, and exits the train.

Krystal made her way down the streets, towards her house. She wasn’t too familiar with the city, but she had remembered the way to get to school from Amber’s place. It wasn’t that hard actually. Krystal heart raced, as she got near the school, when she remembered she wasn’t wearing her uniform. She quickly dashed to a nearby cafe, and changed into her uniform in the bathroom.

Krystal walked fast, until she felt like her hamstrings would tear if she walked any further. But she didn’t care, she had to get home.Krystal felt like she was being followed, but every time she looked back there was nothing there. A huge sense of discomfort filled her limbs.

Suddenly,someone was covering Krystal's eyes. Krystal froze; she dared not make a move. She felt the person’s heartbeat in her ears. Cautiously, Krystal moved her arm forward, and with great force elbowed the person behind her. She didn’t turn back, but she heard the person grunt, and fall to the ground. Krystal ran not too far, when she heard her name being called out, from her past she knew that looking back would be a mistake. However, something inside her told her this was different. She turned around to see Chanyeol on the floor.“Oh my god!” Krystal rushed back to Chanyeol, and helped him up. “I’m sorry, I thought you were Cal-” She bit her tongue, as punishment for almost saying his name. Once standing, Chanyeol dusted the dirt off his clothing, and proceeded to rub his stomach. “It’s okay” He reassured, “It’s my fault for sneaking up on you.” Chanyeol finished off calmly.

“I’m…sorry, I’m… really… sorry,” Without realizing it, Krystal was sobbing. Krystal did not know why, but a flood of sudden tears gushed out her eyes, like a river. There was a sudden weight that pressed her chest, to the point she was gasping for air. It’s over, she thought, it’s finally over.

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Krystal, unsure if it was his fault for making her cry. He felt uneasy. He had never made a girl cry, well at least not the extent to where the girl was gasping for air.

Krystal tried to push Chanyeol away, but somehow she felt right in his arms. The way he held her head, and patted her back, made her feel safe, but she didn’t want to seem weak. At least not in front of Chanyeol. Krystal had not cried in front of someone, not since the incident.

Krystal broke the embrace, and dried her tears with her sleeve. Her cheeks felt like they were burning from the friction the sleeve had caused. Krystal looked up at Chanyeol, who in return patted her head. “I’m okay; I just need to get home.” She promised.

Krystal bid goodbye and began to speed walk towards her house. Her mind was spinning from today’s events, and she could only imagine how hectic her house should be by now. “Are you going to tell me what happen back there, or do I have to guess?” Chanyeol's baritone voice broke Krystal’s concentration. Chanyeol was walking next to Krystal in no time. With his long legs he could easily catch up to Krystal’s short steps.

“Maybe some other time, Chanyeol. I really have to go.”  Krystal advised, as they made a turn on to Pedostreet. Chanyeol got in front of Krystal, and didn’t let her pass, even though she really tried to pass the giant. “C’mon, there’s an arcade not too far from here. You can tell me everything on the way there.” Chanyeol alleged, as he pushed her away from the direction of her house.

Krystal told him everything, from ditching school, to seeing him at the amusement park, but she didn’t tell him about why she cried. Although, Chanyeol knew she was holding back something, he didn’t press her any further. All he said was, “in given time you’ll tell me.” And with that they played every game in the arcade. Chanyeol knew the guy who owned the arcade; he was a hyung, who was trying to get a date with his sister.

“So you aren’t a goody two shoes, as I thought you were.” Chanyeol teased, as they walked back to Krystal’s home. “Why would you think that?” Krystal bantered, as she nudged Chanyeol with her shoulder. It had gotten really cold, and she ended up wearing his blue jacket. “Who was that girl you were with?” Krystal questioned; she was not sure if she would get an answer. Krystal felt her heart race in .

 

“Hmm, the girl?” Chanyeol marveled. “No one special, just a friend, I guess” He simply said, but there was something more to that. Maybe Krystal felt like she was looking into it too much, but she felt like she noticed a hint of sadness, when he said, “just a friend.” Nonetheless, they walked in silence. Occasionally, one of them would point something out that would spark a conversion, but it would soon die out. They walked along the narrow streets, when they passed a street vendor. The old lady sold all type of accessories, from bracelets to pretty rings. The sparkle of the rings caught Krystal’s eyes, “Yeppoyo.” She whispered, as they passed by. Chanyeol stopped and went back to the vendor. He stood there looking at the items. He stared intently as his eyebrows furrowed together. “Which one do you want?” Chanyeol asked, as he picked up two bracelets. “We can get friendship bracelets.” He explained, as he took four more bracelets into his hands. Krystal’s eyes widen in surprise, as she scanned the cute shiny items. “Can I get a ring?” Krystal jabbered. Chanyeol nodded his head, “You’re the birthday girl.” He said, still looking at bracelets.

Krystal couldn’t decide what she wanted more; they were all calling her name. However, there was one ring that caught her attention. It had a small sapphire stone with a small pearl white Phoenix inside. Chanyeol once told her that the Phoenix was his favorite mystical animal because the bird represented strength. Krystal picked the ring and placed it on her index finger, it was a perfect match. Chanyeol in the other hand, choose a black leather bracelet that had a white cat engraved on the center, with two crystals for its eyes. “It kinda’ reminds me of you.” Chanyeol jested.

Chanyeol paid for the items, and they both continued to walk. Krystal kept playing with the ring. The sun was already setting when they had gotten close to Krystal’s house.

“Can I call you Yeol?” Krystal nervously asked. She didn’t like calling him Chanyeol for some reason. Krystal felt like she didn’t have a special connection to him, and she was sure as hell wasn’t going to call him Dobi. Krystal didn’t like that nickname; she thought it was pretty stupid.

“Sure, why not.” Chanyeol said. “Then can I call you, Soojungie or Jungie? I sometimes have trouble pronouncing your English name.” He shyly admitted.

Krystal looked up to him, and smiled brightly at him.

“I’d like that.”

      “Mom! It’s Aunt Victoria!” Kai yelled from his room.

Krystal had fallen asleep soon after she stopped talking to Victoria. She woke up a bit groggy after her long nap. “Send the phone over here, with Paul.” Krystal yelled back to Kai, and with that a small hover plate appeared with the phone on top of it.

“Hello, Victoria?” Krystal said. “Didn’t we just speak an hour ago?”

Krystal could hear Victoria mumble some incoherent things in Italian, then she switched to Chinese, and then finally she spoke in English.

“ Krystal, I found Nana.”

 


I cut the chapter into two, beacuse I felt it was super long, and I thought It makes it easier on the eyes ^^;

Btw, this is the picture that gave me the idea of Krystal's ring :3

VeUDfc36jG_T_xDTHtWi8Z5ry3iBVSCkxTKaAgL4

Thank you to those who subscribe and comment! I really apreciate it :D

Hope you guys have a wonderful 2014!!

Love,

Jewels03

hTfnSN2or-wS4uNKbds-NC0B0xeHoq6nnZgZLG9h

lJMfgN1N61In8d2vlwesoAq9NRPrNAT6JdgeqG6P

Teehee:3