Year 2011

A Best Friend's Confession.

-5-

Spring 2011

Paper Cranes and Birthdays

It was a rainy afternoon, and Kai found himself listening to his mother and his Uncle reminiscing on the time they were lost on a road trip, back when Kai's parents were still together.

Uncle Baekhyun was visiting them after his long day of shopping. Uncle Baekhyun was going out the country to visit a friend. Kai liked having his Uncle over. Uncle Baekhyun was a very happy person. However, today his mind was occupied somewhere else, more specifically on someone.

Kai checked his phone multiple times phone, ignoring the adults' conversation. He unlocked his phone for the 10th time to reveal a video message from his best friend.

  Kai hesitated before opening the video. He nervously bit his nail, and continued to stare at the screen. Kai wasn't sure if what he had received was a hologram video message or a simple video message. Kai plugged in his earphones, he took a long sharp breath, and with a simple click Ellin appeared on the screen wearing her work uniform.

Krystal observed her son as she listened to Baekhyun. She kept on seeing different emotions being displayed on Kai's face. What could it be? She wondered.

"Kai, did your mom ever tell you that her sweetheart was my best friend?" Baekhyun suddenly said. Kai shook his head, and it was evident to both adults, that he could care less.

“Your mother's sweet heart didn't know love even if it hit him across the face." Baekhyun caroled. Krystal looked at Baekhyun with amusement. Baekhyun was a crafty fellow; he could get the truth out of anyone.

"Is it boy trouble?" Baekhyun bluntly asked. “Because unlike your mother; I have a lot of experience in that field." He boasted. “Boys are my forte" Baekhyun cheered. Krystal chuckled and smacked her friend in the arm. It took Kai a moment, before he got out of his trance.

"Huh? What! No," Kai hesitated.

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun insisted.

Kai nodded his head. "The girl I like confessed to her crush,” Krystal tried to meet Kai's eyes, but her son kept looking elsewhere. “This is why I pretended to be sick today." He acknowledged. Krystal felt pain seeing her son crestfallen. She wanted him to avoid that pain, but it was clear to her that there would be a lot of things she could no shield Kai forever. “But she got rejected."

"How does it feel?" Chanyeol asked, lightly shaking Krystal by the shoulder.

"How does it feel what?" Krystal playfully retorted, as she poked Chanyeol's side. Krystal laughed as she tried to poke Chanyeol again. Chanyeol dodged Krystal's finger, and let out an exaggerated sigh.

 

"You know what I mean!" Chanyeol said, he pursed his lips, and puffed his cheeks. Krystal bit her lip, and tried not to laugh. She loved seeing her best friend irritated; it was his cute side.

"How does it feel to win first place in the art competition?" He said loudly enough, so all the passengers on the train could hear. Krystal ducked her head in embarrassment. Suddenly a spark filled Chanyeol's eyes, as he mischievously smirked.
 

“Congratulations!!" Chanyeol screamed once more, as he wildly clapped his hands. Curious eyes glanced towards their direction. Krystal turned pink, by the sudden attention.

 

“Congratulations!" Chanyeol continued saying, in a sudden outburst. Krystal covered her face with her hair, and slapped Chanyeol in the arm.

 

“Stop it!" She hissed.

Chanyeol smirked once again,“See it's not so fun now is it?" He pointed out.
Krystal pursed her lips, and playfully glared at Chanyeol.

Krystal stretched her arms out as she peered over at Chanyeol, who had fallen asleep on his bed. She glared at him, if looks could kill; Chanyeol would be dead. While she did all the typing, he had fallen asleep. He was suppose to be cutting and gluing  pictures for their presentation board.

Krystal stood, and cracked her back; for some strange reason she liked hearing the sound of bones cracking. Krystal decided it’d be best if she walked around the room. She wanted to get circulation running through her legs.

Krystal walked around Chanyeol’s room, it wasn’t as messy as he made it seem. Chanyeol swore that his socks had life of their own, because of the stench of his feet.  Krystal expected to see piles of clothing on the floor, paper everywhere, and shoes scattered; yet, that wasn’t the case. A side from the usual furniture, Chanyeol’s room was pretty bare. It really did contrast his bright persona. However, it created a balance. A person can’t be bright in both their personality and in room decor; Krystal noted.

Chanyeol did have two elements all around his room.  Chanyeol had paper cranes scatterd around his room. On his window sill, he had a jar half full of small colorful paper cranes.  He also had instruments lying about, and even some basic recording equipment.

Hanged on the walls, Chanyeol had three guitars; each one  had a name, number, and a date.

Krystal started to trace the outline of the guitars. One of the guitars caught her attention; she ran her hands on the guitar strings. Light sounds came from the acoustic guitar. The sounds were pleasant to her ears; therefore, she continued to strum in the same matter.

“Do you want me to teach you how to play?” A hoarse voice, croaked near her right ear. Krystal jumped back, bumping into a sleepy Chanyeol.

“You startled me.” Krystal said. “Don’t you ever do that!” She warned.

Chanyeol chuckled, as he carefully took the guitar from the wall. He walked to his bed, and sat on it. He started to play; he became completely engrossed in his playing. Krystal began to laugh as she noticed that he had bits of paper stuck to his cheeks. Instinctively, Krystal sat next to Chanyeol, swayed by his playing. Krystal started to remove the bits of paper from his face. Her cold hands made contact with his warm face. Chanyeol stopped playing, and cleared his throat. Krystal quickly removed her hands, and stood up.

“We should get back to work.” Krystal ordered.

Krystal was sitting on Chanyeol’s bed, as Chanyeol laid on it. They were watching ‘Forever & Ever’; it was Krystal’s favorite show. It was one of the best dramas Krystal had ever seen, which is why she had forced Chanyeol to watch the reruns with her. Krystal didn’t really watch television; however, this drama had caught her attention. She loved the actor who played Sehun, but more importantly she could truly relate to the main actress. What to do when the person you love is the one who hurts you the most?  Do you forgive or forget?

Krystal’s left arm wobbled; she had placed all her weight on her arm. She didn’t want to lie down on the bed, although Chanyeol insisted she should. The bed was really small, and the only way they would fit, is if they lay really close to each other. However, Krystal didn't trust her heart; she'd get nervous even by the slight touch of their hands.

Krystal would collapse backwards, if her arm gave in. Krystal was determined not to fall back, she would not give in.

Suddenly, Krystal was pulled back by Chanyeol. She landed on his arm, almost on top of his chest. Krystal tried to get up, but Chanyeol held her down. Krystal stopped struggling, and continued to watch the drama. However, it was getting hard for her to concentrate. Krystal could hear Chanyeol’s steady heartbeat, and his shallow breaths. Krystal found herself looking up at him. She felt her heart beating rapidly, her cheeks slowly turned rosy.  
Krystal shifted her gaze to the jar of paper cranes. She imagined them flying away.
Krystal slowly closed her eyes, and drifted away.

“I can’t believe they actually let you go to Sulli’s party!!” Victoria cheered, as she finished her makeup.

“I know! I can’t believe it either! I’m super excited for the party.” Krystal beamed. Krystal laid on Victoria’s bed, in order to ease her mind.  It was the first time she would go out, without having to lie. It was a breath of fresh air.  It had been six months since Calvin died; there was no point in hiding anymore. Krystal shivered at the thought of him. There was no way in hell she was going to let him ruin this for her. Not now, not ever again. Calvin was a thing of the past.

Krystal felt her mind racing with thoughts. Compared to her calm demeanor, there was a war inside her head. The voices inside her mind, told her to go back home, she wasn’t pretty enough, who was she kidding? The voices softly screamed inside the caverns of her mind.

Krystal stood behind Victoria, and looked at herself in the mirror in front of her.  She wore a cute short  black dress, with a stylish long sleeve denim jacket, knee high white socks, and faded converse. Victoria had picked out the outfit for her.  Krystal smiled, as if she was practicing her fake  smile. Krystal felt like she was fourteen again.

"No! The voices are wrong." Krystal shouted inside her head. " I am beautiful, you are wrong."

"Something wrong Krys?" Victoria's soft voice interrupted Krystal's thoughts. “ You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

" Ye-yeah,  I am fine." Krystal said, trying to sound convincing.
"I'm totally fine."


Hello Guys!
So this is up!
Hope you like it :)
By the way, 'Forever & Ever' is an actual fanfic here on AFF.
It's written by,
permanently808hi .Check out her story. 
The link to her aweshum story is here: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/136819/forever-ever-dongwoon-drama-romance-schoollove-you-exo-sehun
Thank you for letting me use it !

Thank you to those who subscribe and comment! I really apreciate it :D

 

Another announcement, my friends and I opened a Kakao Roleplay. If you're 16 or older, and are interested please send me a message. :) 

Till Next Time!

Love,

Jewels03

hTfnSN2or-wS4uNKbds-NC0B0xeHoq6nnZgZLG9h

lJMfgN1N61In8d2vlwesoAq9NRPrNAT6JdgeqG6P