Year 2009

A Best Friend's Confession.

-2-

Year 2009: Winter

     Krystal quickly ran down stairs towards the kitchen. She woke up late on that chilly Wednesday Morning. For some reason, Krystal's alarm had not barged into her room, like other days to wake her up from her cozy slumber.

 

     As Krystal gobbled her cereal, she could hear her alarm going off. Jessica screamed from the top of her lungs. Krystal chuckled at her older sister's misfortune. Servers her right, Krystal thought, as she happily ate Jessica's French toast.
"Krystal! Mom! Why didn't you wake me up?!?"Jessica screamed from upstairs. 
"It's not your sister's job to wake you up! “Their mom sternly yelled back. Krystal giggled at the irony in that. "I strictly told you to go to bed early, it's your fault for not following the rules, young lady."
     Jessica groaned loud enough for them to hear. "Stop your whining and hurry up, Sooyeon." Krystal knew at this point her mother was getting irritated, once her mom starts using their Korean names, someone is in major trouble. “If you're late again I'm grounding you for a whole month, so don't you test me." Mrs. Jung yelled back. "And you..."she continued, pointing a wooden spoon towards Krystal's direction. “I’m already out the door.” Krystal exclaimed, as she got up with her palms in the air.

 

     Krystal headed towards the front door with a pear in . If she would have stayed in the kitchen any longer, surely her mother would find any little excuse to punish her, and that is something Krystal didn't want.

 

     Krystal was about to head out, when she was startled by cold winter air. She wrapped her scarf around her neck again, this time adjusting it for warmth. Screw fashion, Krystal thought, as she made a turn on one of the streets.

 

     As she headed down the street, Krystal had renamed as ' e Street', someone called out her name. Krystal turned to the direction of the voice. It was her friend Luna, who was running to catch up to her. "Hey," Luna said breathlessly. "I didn't know you passed through here." She gasped for air. Krystal giggled, “Like wise.” She opened her backpack, and took out a water bottle. She handed it to her friend. Luna happily drank the water “I owe you.” Luna smiled at Krystal.

 

     Both girls walked on the long narrow street with caution. It was a dangerous street for females; many girls from the ages of fourteen to eighteen would be assaulted, some women would be ually assaulted, while the elderly were usually mobbed. On a daily bases, Krystal would run as fast as she could through the street. It was the only short cut Krystal knew that would take her to school in less than five minutes. This time she had to walk because of Luna, they weren't exactly close, but it was better than walking alone.

 

     Once they were out of danger, they both let out a huge sigh of relief. “I thought I was going to use this "Luna said unsteadily, showing Krystal her pepper spray. “I need one of those" Krystal admitted, with a nervous smile.

 

They reached school laughing, and getting to know each other. Krystal learned that Luna lived two streets away from her. Luna had agreed to pick Krystal up, so they may walk together every morning.

 

     They headed to Amber's locker, where they would meet with the other three girls every morning. Krystal opened the locker to take out her math book. "Do you know what time Tori Unnie, is coming?” Krystal asked, as she closed the locker with a loud bang. Luna jumped up." Oh my, that scared me," she said clutching her chest. "Victoria Unnie, always comes five minutes before the bell." Luna informed. Krystal nodded; she wasn't sure whether to wait for her, since they both shared the same math class. She sat down on top of her textbook, Luna did the same next to her, and out of boredom they started to thumb wrestle.

 

     "Dobi!" A boy named Adam hollered, from one side of the hallway. Krystal rolled her eyes, she despised the guy. Adam thought of himself as witty, funny, and a total stud, but Krystal thought he was annoying, an idiot with no future, and a total jerk who wore to much male body spray.
     Krystal tried to concentrate on the thumb war, but she couldn’t, once she heard Adam's annoying booming laughter. "Dobi!" He called out once more, from the corner of her eye; she saw who Adam was referring to. Chanyeol was coming from the other end of the hallway. It was clear that he wasn't paying attention to where he was going. He had ear phones on, and he nodded his head according to whatever beat the song he was hearing. He looked up at Adam, who was running towards his direction. “What’s up, my man?!" Adam yelled, so the whole hallway could hear. "Nothing much man." Chanyeol answered, with a tiny smirk. They pounded their fists, and started to walk together.

 

     Krystal rolled her eyes, and returned to the thumb wars. Boys, Krystal thought to herself, as she squished Luna's thumb with great force."Ow!"Luna shrieked, in pain. Krystal quickly apologized, and massaged her friend's thumb.

 

     Luna abruptly stood up, and dusted herself. Krystal had a feeling that Luna was mad at her. Way to keep friends, Krystal, she scolded herself. Suddenly, Luna broke out into a huge smile, as Chanyeol and Adam passed by.

 

     "Hi, Yeol!"Luna cheerfully saluted. Chanyeol looked at her, and broke into a small shy smile. He waved at her, but Luna opened her arms for a hug.  Chanyeol stopped walking, and awkwardly hugged her.

 

     Krystal witnessed the whole scene with slightly ajar. Her mind was not processing what just happened. He has friends? Her mind whispered surprised. They said goodbye to each other, and Luna sat back down, with an even bigger smile. "You know him?” Krystal said startled, pointing at Chanyeol's direction. Luna giggled, and nodded her head. "He's my best friend. We have homeroom together." She informed. Best friend? To Krystal, he didn't seem the type to have friends. Krystal didn't know how to respond, and she didn't want too, because she had a feeling she would offend Luna's best friend.

 


     Luckily, Victoria and Sulli had arrived, just in time. Victoria started to talk about the math homework, while Sulli was in a deep shade of red. "He waved at me, Luna!" Sulli was in lala land, for she only spoke about him. Whoever he was, Krystal wanted to know, but she knew Sulli would never tell her. Sulli wasn't exactly close nor was she happy that Krystal had joined their group.  Luna happily encouraged Sulli to try her best to get 'Sunshine' -as they had dubbed him-to be her boyfriend, by the end of the semester.

 

     "Today we're going to learn about the beauty of the reproduction system!" Mr.Culver cheered, he did goofy dances, as he passed out some handouts.

 

     Krystal looked at the work sheets, and quickly started to fill out the answers. She had learned about the reproduction system in the fifth grade, and all throughout middle school. For some reason she thought it was going to be different. Krystal ignored the lecture. She started to doodle on the back of the worksheets. Mr. Culver was way more entertaining than Mr. Dubois, and she was really happy she had gotten a fun teacher for her second semester, but her mind would slowly fade to that one night. Sometimes, Krystal would be listening to what the teacher is saying ,and the next thing she knew, she found herself in the center of Steve's party .The only way to keep her mind from going back, was to doodle.

 

     Krystal started to bite her thumb nail out of frustration. She was trying to draw her teacher's eyes on a Golden Retriever, but she couldn't get the light of Mr. Culver’s eyes. This time she started to bite her lip really hard.

     "Psst, Krystal." She suddenly heard someone say. She looked up, and found Mr. Culver going around checking people's work. Krystal quickly turned her paper over, and pretended to finish her work. Mr. Culver had one rule; all students must be doing the worksheets, after his lecture, if he is to find someone doing something other than work, he will ask them to stand outside on one leg for the rest of the class period.

 

     "Miss Krystal, you've finished fast, as usual." Mr. Culver acknowledged, he thoroughly checked her work for any mistakes. He raised an eyebrow, when he looked at Krystal's desk. "Krystal, why is your desk so far apart from Chanyeol's desk?” He probed. Krystal quickly looked down, and suddenly noticed the huge gap between their desks, when she looked up the whole class was looking their way. "I don’t know, ask her." Chanyeol said, pointing his finger at Krystal. Her cheeks started to turn a light shade of red.

 

     "I, uh..." Krystal tried to come up with an excuse, but her mind went blank. “Chanyeol you’re not going to bite her, are you?” Mr. Culver wiggled his eyebrows, and puckered his lips. Krystal looked at Chanyeol, and he cutely shook his head sideways, “No, sir.” He said, rather endearing. Krystal started to feel her cheeks turn a deeper shade of red. “I, uh,” She paused, and looked around for an idea. Her eyes landed on Amber, who was holding a piece of paper that said, ‘personal space issues’.  “I have personal space issues, Mr. Culver.” Krystal said in a serious tone.

 

     “I see, carry on then.” Mr. Culver said, leaving to check on the other students.  Krystal let out a sigh, she carefully took out her phone,and typed a thank you text to Amber. She also turned to Chanyeol, who was doing his work. “Thank you for alerting me.” She said, with a sincere smile.

 

     It was the second semester, and she still wasn’t able to make friends with Chanyeol. It was also the second time they sat next to each other. Krystal wanted to ask him how he met Luna, why he was friends with someone as idiotic as Adam, and why was he called Dobi. But she kept it to herself, instead she arrange her desk to how it was supposed to be, next to Chanyeol’s desk.

 

“No, problem.” He said, and he went back to his work.


Hey, guys ^^~!
I know I said this story was on Haitus, but I kinda did some thinking, since I updated my other fic, it wasn't fair for me to not update this one, before I comepletely go on Haitus,lol.
 I want to dedicate this chapter to illonawu
Thank you for being there for me! ^^!
Btw, check out her fics they're amazing!
Okay this is geting long.
Thank you for the people who subscribed!

Wait for me~!Okay!


Asta la vista,

Jewels03