Year 2036

A Best Friend's Confession.

       



       A forty-one year old Krystal Jung sits in her living room, while reading a book filled with poems. She sets her book down, and heads for the kitchen to get a cup of tea. She hums a subtle tune that has been stuck in her head for weeks. The tune echoes in her cozy kitchen. She smiles, as the sweet aroma of mint tea fills the small kitchen. Krystal looks at her own reflection in the cup of tea, analyzing her face. The years have been tender on her. Her skin showed no sign of aging, in fact it glowed with youth; those who meet Krystal would probably think she’s at least thirty years old.

       She smiles once more, when she hears booming laughter coming from her son’s room, down the hall. Krystal wanted to see the cause of her son’s laughter, so she decides to prepare a snack for her son and his friends. She cuts the fruits: apples, mangos, strawberries, and kiwis, and she sprinkles a bit of sugar, with so much love and affection. It would seem like she was attending a child.

       A shot of electricity strikes her wrist; she drops the knife, and begins to rotate her wrist, so the pain would subside.  Although the years have been kind on her appearance, it has not been kind with her wrists.

       Carefully, she walks slowly to her son’s room; she did not want to drop the tray with the snacks. The hallway was decorated with old pictures of friends and family. Moments caught in time that filled her heart with glee. She stopped to see a particular picture, that photo had captured the memory of her first and sadly failed marriage, and the birth of her only son. Krystal analyzed another moment, the time her son graduated from middle school. Her son had her eyes and had her similar character, but on the outside the rest of him screamed Taemin. After her divorced, her son, Jongin became her world. Krystal let out a heartfelt sigh, and continued to walk slowly. The closer Krystal got the more she heard her son’s laughter, it filled her heart with so much joy. She could hear him laugh forever. The laughter died out, and was replaced by video game sounds.

       “I’m going to confess to Ellin." Kai said, out of nowhere. All game sounds came to an end, and Krystal came to a halt, taken aback from her son’s sudden confession. She stood outside the hallway and listened attentively

       “You can’t tell her how you feel!” One of her son’s friend strongly opposed. Krystal figured the voice came from Kyungsoo, the kid who lives in the next door apartment.

       “Kai, that’s suicide, man. You’ll be friend zoned, like there’s no tomorrow.” The other backed up. Krystal presumed this was Sehun, the kid who lived down the street. “Isn’t she your best friend?” Sehun continued. Krystal heard her son mutter a very low ‘yes’. Krystal’s heart cringed, when she heard her son’s reply. It was all too familiar for her. “Then how do you know she likes you?”

       “I won’t know till I try,” Kai argued “And I want to know.”

       Krystal knocked on the door; she wanted to divert the conversation away from her son. The boys cleared their throats, and continued playing the game. She placed the tray on the small coffee table, next to the bed. She glanced at her son, who looked nervous. “I hope you enjoy the snack.” Krystal said. “And boys it’s getting quite late, so would you please wrap it up, soon.” All three of the boys nodded their heads.

       She left the room, and headed back to the kitchen. It was time for her medicine, and there was a cup of tea waiting for her. Krystal took her medicine, and returned to the living room, where she sat down on her big comfy sofa chair, and opened her book again. She took a sip of her tea, and began to read out loud her favorite section.
“Love exists, but with the absence of eternity, at a first moment of a lover's encounter, there's an affirmation of love…”

        

       Krystal was awakened by the touch of her son. She heard her son head to the kitchen, where he opened the fridge. Krystal didn’t automatically open her eyes, she wanted to linger a bit more in her dreams. For the past twenty-three years she has dreamed of him. The memories of him will never fade away, and only resurface when she closes her eyes or falls asleep.

       “Kai, can you come in here really quick.” She called out. “I want to talk you about something.” Her son came into the living room, with his mouth stuffed with spaghetti. He looked at his mother, and gave her a huge smile. He then proceeded to sit down on the sofa adjacent to his mother.

       Krystal knew that what she was going to ask wasn’t going to be answered quickly. In fact, maybe she wouldn’t even get an answer at all. But she wanted to try. Krystal didn’t want her son to make the same mistakes she did in the past.

       “So, you like Ellin?” Krystal asked, while she innocently leafed through her book.

The question had taken Kai off guard; he started to choke on the spaghetti he was eating. Krystal quickly came to his aid and handed him the cup of tea. He quickly gulped down the liquid, and started to hit his chest. Kai eyed his mother suspiciously. There was no point in hiding it.

       “Yes.” Kai simply said. He looked around the room trying to avoid his mother’s gaze. Krystal simply smiled, and combed her son’s hair. “Can I tell you a story?” Krystal suggested. Kai groaned, but he nodded. Even though he was eighteen, he loved his mother’s stories.

       “It’s about my first love.”

Kai rolled his eyes, and smirked, he had heard this story before. “Mom, I already know, how you met dad, how he was your college sweetheart...”

Krystal looked at her son, but she couldn’t help but laugh. Her son was old enough to know that his father wasn’t exactly her true love.

       “I never said it was about your father.”

Kai was baffled by the news; he didn’t know there was another man in his mother’s life. He looked at his mother, and he saw a spark in her eyes, a twinkle that he has never seen in his life.

       Krystal took a deep breath, and spoke. “It’s up to you,and how you want to take my story. You can either learn from it or you can simply brush it off.” Kai listened attentively, when his mother told stories. He knew they were always told for a reason.


Frist chapter is up! Ah, I'm so glad to have put this up!!^^!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy it, and thank you for reading!


So while you wait for the next update, feel free to check out my other story! Click the little guy! (:


Asta la vista,

Jewels03