❧ Teasers

d r a g o n r i d e r s ❧ l o s t s o u l s (d i s c o n t i n u e d)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Elf

"Are you sure about this?" one of the two females asked, sighing. Her black hair was parted to one side and braided into an intricate crown, shining in the light. Her ephemeral features were turned into a frown, brows scrunched together with worry. She raised a hand to move aside a passing branch but the male beside her reached passed her shoulders and did so for her. 

"Yes," the only other female answered shortly. She was shorter than the other female and male by a good amount, but she held herself with just as much poise. Her hair went down to mid-back, parted to one side, and she had a sword strapped to her belt, a dark blue that almost seemed as though it had been cut from the night sky. However, right now, the sun was out shining, light reflecting off of its smooth sheathe and glinting off of the ring on her finger. 

"I don't know about this," the first female stated with worry. She glanced at the male, the tallest of the three. His bangs fell on his forehead perfectly without effort and he cleared the way for her without even thinking twice, moving quickly on his long legs. He wore jeans and a grey shirt and a watch around his wrist (ø). His face was also mixed with concern, but he let his girlfriend do the talking, especially since the two were both girls after all.

"I'll be fine," the second female cut in again, moving with ease through the trees. She was wearing a white dress and light blue cardigan (ø), a great contrast against her belt and weapon, but oddly it suited her and her grace, as if she were used to fighting and was waiting to go into battle, dress and all.

"I'm not worried about you getting injured by some bear or something," the first snorted, rolling her eyes. Her green dress (ø) got caught on a branch in passing and the male freed it quickly before she even noticed. "Only an idiot would dare think you of all people would be done in by anything but age, but still...I don't know about this. Can't you reconsider?"

The shortest of the three stopped and the other two did the same, recognizing the changing air. She sighed and the taller female and male stiffened. She turned to the duo.

"I know you're worried and I'm thankful-" She brushed her mind against theirs lightly to prove so. "-but I need some time to myself...He's not here anymore and I need to accept that."

The female's eyes softened and she reached over slowly, as if about to be rejected, before finally wrapping her arms around the shorter. 

"Time heals all wounds," she whispered, light tears glistening in her eyes with empathy. The shorter pulled away with a mysterious smile.

"But not all wounds deserve healing," she threw back just as softly. She left then, leaving the couple behind to wonder what exactly she meant with that look of hers - that odd, mixed look of acceptance, regret, and something foreign that they hadn't ever seen on her before - something that looked awfully close to tears.

 

Author's Corner

Umma's Quick Side

Just a little teaser about the Elf, my character.
Hope you liked.

Onion's Pretty Space

See Umma is an amazing writer asdfghjkl;
holy poop this is amazing. o_o I love ittt <3

Fishy's 'Lil Corner

Isn't it wonderful?! <3 <3 <3 :) and all the
Batman is a plus in my opinion too.
Hope you like~

Twins

The two girls, identical in every possible visual way, laughed together, hands linked in between them. They shared secret looks and whispers as they walked into the looming building - a grand feature against the land that had once definitely been in great shape but was worn now - touched with time and dust. Other children, most younger than them, did the same, high laughter ringing about the air.

"Come on girls," an older female, also worn with age much like the home, ushered, lightly pushing the children indoors. The girls entered after everyone else, making sure that no child was left behind. The house came alive with smells, sights, and definitely sounds as dinner came about. 

All the older children were helping the younger ones and the twins were especially busy. They ran about busily to the call of their names - helping the younger ones eat, taking care of messes, pausing a bit to fill their own stomachs, etc.

Then after dinner came the long, rather repetitive but in no way boring process of preparing all the children for bed. Each had their own preferences - a story or no pillow - and the twins, the nanny, and a few of the older children rushed around to comply. Before long, everyone - including the twins - had settled into bed, letting the night sounds carry against the dark sky and shining stars.

The moon was only a crescent and with belated breaths, the twins waited.

Silence.

Then the clock midnight, each toll loud and purposeful.

The twins lingered a moment longer than slowly crept out of their bed - one of the larger mattresses the two shared in the corner of the room.

They were careful in their movements, avoiding the creaks and cracks with practice before finally they left the building and entered the forest surrounding it. 

At one of many trees, they recovered a lantern hidden among its thick branches and forged on.

With tensed whispers, the two stole away along random paths, ones they had created and forged on their own before they came to a row of bushes clinging like ivy to a rockbed, only half a mile from the mansion, its peak still visible over the forests' treetops. 

They nodded to each other before clearing away the brush, revealing an opening of a cave just big enough for them to squeeze through one at a time.

The two gave another glance around before entering, feet retracing memorized steps until they reached the back where it began to give way to grass and other fauna the two girls had purposely placed. They lit their lanterns at long last, brightening the dark in a soft warm glow. In what seemed to be a nest in the center of the cave was an egg, oval and seemingly fragile but smooth with white veins lining its surface.

"It's still ok," one of the two whispered with relief.

"I told you so," the other teased as they both gathered around the egg, sitting on either side. 

They sat in silence for a moment.

"Who do you think it'll hatch for?" the first finally asked.

"Who knows. I don't and hopefully it'll be for you," the second answered, beaming. "I know how much you want to be a dragon rider."

"That's assuming this one isn't a wild one," the first reminded.

"It started...moving when we came near," the second retorted. "It can't be coincidence."

"Well, we'll see," the first declared and the second nodded in agreement.

Again, the atmosphere fell away to silence. They sat beside the egg in silence for hours, waiting until early morning light began to light the opening of the cave and sunrise was on its merry way.

The two finally stood then, returning the lantern to its place and stealing away back into their beds, catching a few final hours of rest before a new day - a new hope.

 

Author's Corner

Umma's Cup of Tea

Just a short little teaser on the
twins (the co-authors). Nothing
big really.

Onion's Snacktime

I DON'T KNOW WHO'S WHO AND I'M KIND
OF SCARED TO FIND OUT WHAT'S GONNA 
HAPPEN *sob* But I love it thankyu Umma 
*sends hugs and kisses up to you* T u T

Fishy's Treat

CRY I KNOW WHOSE WHO!!!
CRY I ALSO KNOW WHAT'S
GONNA HAPPEN!!!.
CRY!!!

Dwarf

"It has been a while," she agreed, near repeating what had been said to her many times before. "So long since the last Dwarf Rider."

"Exactly," her father emphasized, his back to her. "It has been too long and soon, when one arises, we will once again have our vengeance."

She nodded, stifling a yawn. She loved her father - so much so she would die for him - but she hated his lectures, especially on the last Dwarf Rider. Even after the pact so long ago, Dwarf Riders were few and far in between, especially since they were an Earthen culture.

"Father, don't you have a meeting now?" she reminded, glancing at the clock. He straightened up and turned to her, giving her that smile - the smile that was reserved only for her.

"Thank you," he gently stated before turning to leave. "Oh and do not slack off on your studies. You will one day i

Please log in to read the full chapter