"Friend"

Are We More Than Just Friends?

Chanyeol's POV:

Saturdays have never felt so painful. I do not know how to explain all these to Ji Yeon . That it was a mistake from the start to like Hye Ri for no apparent reason, when she was there all along, but I never realized. I gotta confront her as soon as possible. I called her multiple times but she didn't pick up. I then ran to her front door.

Ji Yeon's POV:

My mom knew that I've been crying all night because of him. She told me to cheer up and she said how she knew that I've liked him all along.

"Omma, but they're going on a date, how can I not give up already? He doesn't even know that I've liked him all along. Why are guys so stupid?"

"Ji Yeonnie, guys are really clueless. It also happened before with your dad and I. You shouldn't give up because a date is nothing. You can go on many dates but not get into a relationship. Besides, it can be a date with as friends only, you never know."

"And thats what everyone says."

"Because its true, darling. Look, you need to rest now. Its getting late. Don't think too much and have sweet dreams okay?", my mum said while putting me in bed.

On the next day, my phone rang so many times. Oh gosh, its Chanyeol. I really do not want to see him though. It makes life even more complicated than it already is. So I put my phone away but that didn't stop him. He came to my front door and I quickly told my mom to say that I've gone to buy some groceries. I know he wouldn't buy that but he would just walk away because he respected my mom. And he really did that. My mom said that he looked really disappointed when she said that to him. "But you know, you have to meet up with that boy one day, you can't avoid him forever.", she reminded me. "Of course, omma, I'll only avoid him for today.", I said, just to please her.

Chanyeol's POV:

Wow, she really didn't want to see me. I know for sure she's in that house. And the whole day felt like 3 years because she doesn't even want to talk to me. I went to her house multiple times again, but her mum keeps on giving those ridiculous excuses. I sighed, thinking of how stupid I was from the start, to never noticing her when she was right there all along. 

On the next day, I didn't even get ready for that stupid date. I just woke up to the sound of my ringtone. I saw a text and it was from Hye Ri saying, "Chanyeol, don't bail on me. A promise is a promise. See you later at 12!"

Geez, it was 11.30. I got out of my bed, took whatever in my closet and changed. Then, I took a bus to town. I met her at the popcorn area and she linked arms with me again. After the whole magic show, she dragged me all the way to a cafe to eat together. On our way I decided to confront her. "Yah, Hye Ri, hajima." "Hehe, Chanyeol, I'm never gonna stop.", she said playfully. "Hye Ri, lets talk."

We went to a park and sat down. I decided to start. "Hye Ri-ah, don't waste your time on me any longer. I like you too, but only as a brother-sister kind of love." 

"Geundae, wae? Am I not good enough?", she fought back.

"Hye Ri, listen carefully. You are really cute and hyper and pretty. You are already very good. Its just that, I like someone else."

It was a bit silent for a while

"Let me guess, its Ji Yeon right?", smiled Hye Ri.

"Yup. I've just realized my feelings for her after all these years. Stupid right?"

"Kindda. Haha, you better tell her soon. Not everyone can wait."

"Wait? You think she likes me too?", I asked.

"Um, Its pretty obvious Mr. Blur Case. The way she gets jealous when I flirt with you in tuition and the way she stares at you when you're not looking."

"MWOH? Really???"

"Oh gosh. Typical guys.", she said while shaking her head. 

"Haha, anyway. Thanks for understanding. I didn't expect you to take it in so well."

"Well, I'll keep my tears for later.", she replied.

I hugged her and said, "Hey, we can still be friends right? Don't worry, I'll introduce you to other guys that are way better than me. Wait is there even any?", I joked.

She laughed and said, "Don't fool around. You better introduce to me some other guy."

"Hahaha okay, then. Shall we go now?", I smiled.

"Yeah, kaja!"

Our date went pretty well after that. It was really fun because we both know now that we are just friends status. I'm happy that 1/2 of the problem is solved. Now the other problem is, how do I confess to her??

When I got back, I wanted to finish the whole problem so I texted Ji Yeon, "Meet me at the playground now! Jebal. I really want to talk to you.." She didn't reply. But I still went to the playground and waited.

To my suprise, she came after half and hour. We sat on the swing and she just stared at the ground. "Why didn't you pick up my calls?", I asked her. "Because I didn't want to talk to you.", she replied. "Ouch.", I answered back.

"Sorry. Theres just too many mixed feelings. And if I confront you, it'll just add more to it.", she replied. "Then why did you come?" "Because I know that you'll be waiting stubbornly." 

"And you're worried about me?", I asked. "Yeah of course I am. Who wouldn't be worried about a friend who's freezing in the cold.", she said. "A friend?", I asked. "Yeah, a friend", she said. "Okay I get it then.", I stood up, ready to get off. "Where are you going?", she stood up too. "Going back home." 

"What the hell? Thats why you called me out? What the hell is wrong with you these days?", she shouted.

"What the hell is wrong with me? What about you huh? Aren't you supposed to be happy that I went on a date with Hye Ri? Instead, you got pissed.", I said out of anger.

"Oh really is it only me who's being weird? You got pissed at Gu Ho just because he told me a joke. Tell me, isn't that being overboard too?", she spat back.

"Yeah I'm being overboard too but then you were the one who started everything first. You were the one who started getting all upset because I liked Hye Ri."

"YEAH OKAY FINE. I ADMIT IT. I was jealous of Hye Ri because you liked her. Because you would rather choose her over me when I have been there for you ever since day 1. And suddenly one day, she just comes and take everything. Do you even know that I have liked you for a few years? Did you even know how my heart was in such pain because of you?", she teared up. "And you never looked at me the way you looked at her."


BAM BAm bam. I purposely stopped at that part for more suspense hehe.  Don't you wanna kill me? :-) :-) :-)