I Knew It All Along

Are We More Than Just Friends?

Chanyeol's POV:

Today, I see Hye Ri in school again. She came up to me and said "Chanyeollie", then linking arms with me "How about I walk you to your class?". 

I immediately took my arms of her link and said, "How about no missy? And you cannot call me Chanyeollie." "Wae, it sounds really cute like you.", she said in her fake high-pitched voice. "Just leave me alone will you?", I said while running back to my class before she ever does or say something to me again.

When I got back, I saw Gu Ho, this guy who has been trying to hit on Ji Yeon ever since forever, talking closely to her. And to my suprise, she was laughing to whatever he was saying. I thought she hated him. There was this fiery feeling in me and before I can even control myself, I got back to my place and interrupted them, "So what is this all about huh?". Ji Yeon immediately looked down and she didn't want to face me. Then Gu Ho replied, "Yo chill man. I was just telling her a joke about Miss Tee." That was when I got back my conscious. "Talk about the devil, here she comes.", singsonged Gu Ho as he turned back to his seat.

"Mianhae.", I said to her. "What was that all about, seriously?", Ji Yeon replied. "I don't know what happened okay, I thought you didn't like that guy.", I said. "Well things have changed. He's really nice, unlike Hye Ri.", she spat back. I kept quiet. She's probably still pissed off at what happened yesterday. 

"She promised to treat you better today.", I spoke up at our ride to the mall. "Yeah okay, lets see whether she'll keep that up.", she said while rolling her eyes. When we got to the mall, we finally got to this store where they were selling those kind of stuff my mom likes.

Ji Yeon's POV:

*flashback*

"Eh, where is Chanyeol? He's always missing nowadays.", I said while walking out of the classroom to look for him. "CHANYEOLLIE", I heard that annoying girl's voice and saw her linking to Chanyeol's arms. I immediately went back inside to sit. Now I know the reason why he's been missing all these while. "Tsk, such a liar. I bet Hye Ri and him met together at break yesterday. Tsk that was probably why he was missing.", I thought to myself. Then Gu Ho came up to me. "Yo, why do you look so upset, should I cheer you up?", he asked. I've never said anything to him before, knowing that he's been trying to hit on me all these years. But I think maybe I should this time. "You can try.", I said. "Ommo, you responded!! I'm the happiest guy alive!", he said jumping up and down. That made me laugh so hard because I've never seen anyone so happy with my existence before. I felt appreciated for once, ever in life. After that, he started telling me all these jokes about Miss Tee and it was hillarious.

He is a very nice and funny guy. Whoever he's gonna be with in the future must be really lucky. I would actually go with him if only, I can stop getting pabo Chanyeol out of my mind. Gu Ho actually made half of my day when suddenly Chanyeol storms in and said "What is this all about?". Like he can't control whatever I do, he already has Hye Ri so why is he still focusing on me? Gosh this is so complicating.

*End of flashback*

"JI YEON", he screamed at me. "Ne?", I replied cluelessly. "OH, finally. I was just asking you, does this perfume smell better or this one?", he asked handing me the two bottles. "Obviously your mum would like the other one. Gosh, even I know your mum better than you." I said to him. "haha, really? Okay then I'll buy this one."

"Ahhhh, finally we finished the whole buying-your-mum's-gift task after one week of delaying it.", I said stretching my body in the bus. "True. Will you be coming on her birthday though?", he asked. "When is it again?", I wondered. "Its next Saturday, and this time my WHOLE family is gonna be there.", he explained. "WOWWW, I'll definitely come then. I heard your cousins are hot.", I said winking at him. "HAH, excuse me, I'm the hottest of them all." We both laughed so hard. After 2 hours, I was at his house, ready for the damn tuition.

She came 10 minutes later and we started. To my suprise, she really did change. Wow at the things she would do for Chanyeol. She answered all of my questions but she still did flirt with him a lot though, that part didn't change obviously. Everything went quite well and soon enough, the tuition was finally over. I gotta admit, it helped me a lot. When she was about to go, she said, "Annyeong! See you guys again next week. Oh and Chanyeol-ah, do not forget about this Sunday." Hye Ri smiled while saying that. And I felt a pang on my head. "Sunday? What is gonna happen on Sunday?", I asked Chanyeol immediately. He scratched his head nervously, "Oh, um. Remember how I saved her last time and she said she'll repay me back? Yeah, now she wants to go on a date with me as a form of repaying me back." I scoffed, "So that was why you changed the whole task to Friday?" "Yeah. Okay I'm really sorry. I know I should have told you about it. And to be honest, I'm not even looking forward to-

"Yeah you should have told me. But why would I get mad anyway. We have been best friends for years. No hard feelings right? Plus, you must feel uncomfortable talking to me about her right? I'm sorry and I wish you all the best." I said and walked out of the door holding back my tears. 

The first thing I did when I got back home was cry at how stupid I was and how its my fault to ever think that we could be more than friends. Heck, he didn't even tell me that they were gonna have a date together. I called Jae Ho. 

"Jae Ho, he didn't even tell me he was gonna have a date with Hye Ri.", I said while choking with tears.

"Ji Yeon-ah, calm down. I'm pretty sure he was forced to. And you know its very hard for him to reject someone. Its all about the repaying back thing anyway. Its not like he wants to go with her out of his own will.", he said in a calm tone.

"But I've seen him looking at her before. That look, is how I used to look at him.", I replied.

He was speechless.

"I knew it.", I said and hung up.

"I didn't say anything, not because you were right, but because I cannot expose Chanyeol's secret, that he actually likes you......", sighed Jae Ho in his mind.