Messed Up

Are We More Than Just Friends?

Ji Yeon's POV:

The next morning was a bit akward but thank God Chanyeol broke the ice. He told me that we both are gonna go to his house tonight for English classes. "Ji Yeon ah, I already told her that we both are gonna make it for the English classes today."

"Ok, I'll most probably be able to make it. But may I ask, who is 'her'?", I asked cluelessly.

"OH, um.", he scratched his head nervously. "Remember that girl I told you about, that new girl? She's pretty good in English and I really want to introduce you to her, to get your opinion.", he said then suddenly covering his mouth like he said something wrong. 

"oH, that girl....", I said feeling disappointed because I thought we had something yesterday. I was pretty sure we both felt it though. It was stupid of me to think that she would immediately get out of his mind anyway. 

It was a bit silent. I really wanna know what Chanyeol thought of yesterday. Like did he had something for me yesterday? Or maybe thought about me the whole night. Cause I was pretty sure that that was what I did yesterday.

Chanyeol's POV:

oh sharks. I shouldn't have said that.

Wait why should I not say that anyway? Why would I not want to introduce Hye Ri to her? I have feelings for Hye Ri anyway right? 

But I felt like I didn't want her to think that I still had feelings for Hye Ri. Wait why did I feel that way again? I mean I do like Hye Ri so why should I not show my best friend the girl I like?

I thought really hard. All of this don't make any sense at all. I have to talk to Jae Ho. Immediately. 

-in school-

When it was break, I immediately talked to Jae Ho in the library.

"Yah, whats this all about?", Jae Ho asked when I pulled him into a corner.

"Its really important. Let sit and talk about it.", I quickly said to him.

Then I told him about the whole situation, everything that has happened, yesterday and today.

"Woah.", he said.

"So can you please tell me why do I feel this way, Mr. Smarty pants.", I asked.

"Okay, the reason is quite obvious. You like Ji Yeon. But the problem is you like two girls now???", he said it in a disgusted way.

"Wait. You really think I like Ji Yeon? Are you sure? I mean she has been my best friend all these while it seems so impossible for us to be together and actually liking each other."

"And why is that so impossible? Relationships usually start when they know each other so well that they are willing to be commited in one. And what about that other girl Hyeni?"

"Its Hye Ri.", I cut him off.

"K whatever that girl's name is. You fell in love with her after talking for just one day. I don't even know how is that possible cause you don't even know each other that well. Okay I get how guys like the girl's appearance or whatsoever but if you're asking between the two, I'll definitely choose Ji Yeon.", he said.

He's right.

"SO basically, you're asking me to just focus on Ji Yeon and forget Hye Ri."

"Yes, thats my point.", he said with a satisfied smile.

"LOL, thanks bud.", I said while giving the bro fist.

He bro fist back and said,"Thats my man."

I felt good as I walked out of the library, finally settling things up in my brain when suddenly, I looked up and saw Hye Ri walking towards me.

"Hey!" she said running up to me with a bright smile on her face. 

Damn.

"I was wondering since you helped me the other day....", she said while showing me two tickets. "Would you like to go out with me this Sunday?", she asked already expecting me to say yes.

but, "Um I think I have guitar classes on that day though..", I trailed off. "Ah, you don't have to be shy with me. Just think of it as a pay back for helping me.", she smiled while putting the ticket in my front pocket. Then she said, "See you there!" while running off as the bell rings. 

How am I gonna tell Ji Yeon that I can't go with her this Sunday to buy my mom's gift? TT

When I got back to class I saw her. I immediately felt so happy. Now I get it, Jae Ho was right after all. I had feelings for Ji Yeon all these while. But then the problem clouded back in. She's gonna ask why and I don't know how to explain to her. I do not want her to misunderstand and think that I like Hye Ri. When I got to my seat, she immediately asked, "Chanyeol, where were you at break? I couldn't find Jae Ho too. I had to hang out with the group of girls that just wants me to pass you all these letters.", she said while handing me all the letters. She rolled her eyes. I laughed because I thought that she was so cute. "Yah, why are you laughing, its not even funny. Seriously where were you guys?", she asked again. "Haha, we were just in the library, talking about stuff."

"What stuff?", she asked again.

"Just. some guy stuff.", I replied.

She asked what 'guy stuff' it was but then the teacher suddenly walked in.

Phew saved by the teacher.

After school, I was walking back with Ji Yeon, deciding whether I should tell her about the Hye Ri thing. I decided I should.

"Ji Yeon ah, are you free tomorrow?"

"hmmm, I'll be a bit free after school. Wae?"

"Oh great. Then, can we make go buy my mom's gift tomorrow instead of Sunday?"

"Yea, sure, I guess. What do you have to do on Sunday?"

"Um, I just have something to do on that day."

"Oh, okay then.", she said.

Ji Yeon's POV:

Hmmm,I wanted to ask what kind of thing he's doing on Sunday but nah, I think he'll be annoyed. It should be something important for sure. When I got back, I showered and got ready to go to Chanyeol's place for the tutoring. Then I thought of what he said in the morning, "I want your opinion", wow I am totally friendzoned. I don't even know why I'm up to that shiet. So now I am supposed to help him evaluate that girl FOR him? No way. But I know I'll be all helpless again when he asks me to do something.

When I got to his house, I noticed that she's already there. She looks really pretty. And she has a good first impression; witty, manners,smart, and all the other good stuff. Her English was so damn good. Thank God she started the basics with us- oh wait I mean him only. She's too focused on him that she never replies me and she's too busy flirting with him. So, she never thought me the basics. She'll only reply me when Chanyeol notifies her that she's not replying me. I'm so done and I'm never coming back for any of her classes. 

After class is over, she went back home and I was about to go back too when Chanyeol gripped my wrist to stay. So I did.

"Okay, I know you are never gonna come back for any of the classes but PLEASE stay. I know she's annoying but she really helps!", he pleaded.

"Um, how about no??? I don't think she's ever gonna teach me anything. You can even see the way she ignores me like hell. Like she didn't even teach me the basics", I said.

"Okay, I can talk to her about it. But you have to agree, she's got better English skills than anyone else in school. I just think that she might be able to really help us this time."

"Yeah she does. And I'm supposed to come here just because you want me to tell you my opinion of her right? Well, let me say my opinion. She obviously has something for you by the way she flirts with you that she ignores me, don't even teach me anything and I feel like she doesn't even want me there. So can you please tell me how is she ever gonna help me?", I raged.

"Okay. I get it. If she doesn't treat you the way you want her to in the next class even after I tell her her problem, you can quit immediately okay? Just come for the next class please? It'll really help us for the finals.", he said.

"Fine. That brat better.", I said as I walked out of the door.

Why does he even wants me to stay, the both of them can just flirt all day long without me bothering, right? Ugh the thought of that girl makes me want to puke.

Chanyeol's POV:

"AIGOO, what am I gonna do with the both of them? I just want Hye Ri to stay because she's really too good in English.", I thought. But what Ji Yeon said was true. She really did ignore her when she asked good questions. And I honestly thought that she was pretty annoying, she wouldn't stop talking to me and she kept on asking who I liked. Can't believe I actually liked her. Personality does matter so much in the end. However, I still like her, more like a friend. Lemme call her to fix things up.

"Annyeong Chanyeol"

"Yo, I just wanna talk to you about something that happened in the tuition just now.", I said.

"Is it about Ji Yeon.", she asked.

"Smart girl. Yes, whats up with that attitude towards her just now?", I asked.

"I just don't like her. I feel like she's invading our privacy.", she explained.

Something I like about her is that she doesn't beat around the bush.

"Mwoh? You said its okay when I asked you about her joining and now you just treat her like that? Thats not cool Hye Ri. And what about our privacy, theres no privacy between us. You and I are just friends.", I said firmly.

"Okay fine, I'll treat her better the next time ugh. But I am honestly disappointed, I wanted us to be more than friends though....", she said over the phone.

"Yah, don't joke around. And its quite late, you should go to sleep. I'm gonna hung up soon, bye.", I quickly added.

"Tsk, ne. I'm just gonna listen to oppa. Annyeong", then she hung up.

"That brat.", I thought to myself and laughed.

Then I texted Ji Yeon, "Hey, English class tomorrow at my place again! I sorted things out with her so just come, alright? :)"

Then she replied," I don't even know why you want me to come, you both can have your own private time. If I come, I'll be bothering you guys."

I texted back, "Its for our finals okay, just that. Remember how important we promised to study for it?"

She replied, "Ugh fine. For the final's sake. Thats it. Nights then x"

"Thanks. I love you..- I typed that out but then thought it was weird because I don't treat her as a best friend anymore but more than that and I don't think she knows or maybe feels the same way so I backspaced and just texted back, "Thanks. :) Nights then xoxo"


So how is it so far? I would really aprreciate if you guys commented on what you think of the story! Thanks xxx