Thoughts Of You

Are We More Than Just Friends?

Chanyeol's POV:

"This is weird. Ji Yeon is not the type of person that will get mad just because I broke one tiny promise. Something must have happened yesterday or this morning that made her not talk to me at all today.", I thought during class.

"Or is it because I fell in love with a girl?"

"NAH, it can't be. Why would she be mad at that anyway?", I thought again laughing at how absurd I was.

"Mr. Park, why are you laughing? Shouldn't you be listening in class? Come up here and solve this question now.", shouted Ms. Tee, our Maths teacher.

"Ne", I said while walking towards the front of class to solve the question.

When I was walking back to my seat, I saw Ji Yeon looking out of the window staring at nothing, looking really sad. Because we both sit next to each other, I gave her a tap. "Ji Yeonnie, focus in class or else you'll get caught like me kekeke", I said trying to cheer her up. She just smiled at me. I know this smile. Its a smile where she's -still -sad -but- just -smiling -because -of -my -sake smile. Damn, I wondered what happened that make her this sad. 

Today, I didn't see Hye Ri at all. I was disappointed. I wanted to introduce Hye Ri to Ji Yeon and ask for Ji Yeon's opinion but oh well. Maybe I should ask Hye Ri to come over to my place tomorrow to tutor me and Ji Yeon for English. The thought of it just makes me so excited. After school, me and Ji Yeon met up at the front gate. We are supposed to buy my mom's birthday gift together.

Ji Yeon's POV:

Today, I've been thinking so much about Chanyeol that I didn't even talk much. I was thinking that maybe I'll just keep this all to myself cause if I really like him I would want him to be happy and if that girl really makes him happy then why not right? Plus, I'll just make him super confused if I confessed. It'll make things akward too. 

I ran towards Chanyeol after school with a big grin. "Lets go!" I said and we ran to the bus stop. It was really quiet in the bus though. Finally Chanyeol decided to speak up. "So aren't you gonna tell me why you didn't speak to me at all today?"

"Well... Its really nothing.", I answered trying to avoid it.

"Don't lie, I know something's up. I've been your friend since birth. C'mon you know I can help you.", he said.

"In this situation, I don't think you can help me. Only I will be able to help myself.", I said while looking out of the window.

"But you can just share your troubles with me, you know that. And you've been really sad the whole day.", he said convincing me to tell him.

"But things might change if I tell you this problem..." I said notifying him first.

"Nothing is ever gonna change, I promise." he reassured me.

"ok. So here goes it.. Chanyeol, I have always been in -

"AGASHI, aren't you and your friend gonna get off the bus? This is the last stop already!", shouted the bus driver.

"NE", I shouted back as we both hurried down to the stop. 

After you both got down from the bus, Chanyeol said, "We'll talk about it in the playground later. Its getting late and the shops might close down so lets hurry!"

What did I just do. I almost said it. I thought to myself and was so blur that I didn't even look when I was walking across the road. Suddenly, Chanyeol shouted my name and I turned back only to find myself pushed down all the way to the side of the road later by him. He was on top of me and I panicked. "CHANYEOL, GWENCHANA???"

He just murmured something. I can't hear him. I helped him get up and he looked at his left arm. It was bleeding like heck. "Oh my gosh. Let me bring you to the hospital now."

"No. Jebal. I'll get killed by my mom if she ever finds out.", pleaded Chanyeol.

Sooner or later, both of us ended up in my room. I took a bucket of water and helped him wipe all the blood. He yelped a little in pain.

"Mianhae", I said while wiping his arm.

"Seriously. What has gone into you? Do you know you almost got banged by a car. Do you even know how worried I was???", he screamed.

"I'm sorry okay.", my voice shaking a little. " I didn't mean to go all out.", I held back my tears. 

Chanyeol's POV:

"I don't mean to....", I said softly.

She said that it was okay and now she's putting cream on the deep scratches on my arm. She puts it softly so that it won't hurt.

I don't know why but these days I notice every single move of hers. Like these days, she seems so lovable. Like now, I'm just staring at how beautiful she looks, how caring she is, bandaging my arm and-

"Okay, its done", she said while smiling widely.

okay what was I just thinking. Park Chanyeol please wake up, this is Ji Yeon you're talking about. Your best friend ever since birth. There's no way that you'll ever see her more than a friend. Or do I?

"CHANYEOL, why are you staring at me?", she asked.

Its weird cause she's blushing.

"Ani, there's just something on your face.", I said and cupped the side of her face with my hand while using my fingers to wipe off the dirt.

She was blushing, hard.

She immediately got up and said, "Hmm, you should go back home now, your parents must be worried."

"Ne, gomawa for helping me.", I said, almost disappointed, having no idea why.

While walking back home, I just wondered, why was she blushing. Girls only blush when something embarrasing happens to them. But how can she be embarrased with me? I mean we are best friends. Theres nothing to be embarrased or shy about. Wait, shy? Does she actually likes me?

I shook my head to get that thought out of my head. No way that will ever happen. Why would she like me anyway when there are plenty of other better guys chasing after her? Tsk. 

When I got back home, I got a text from Hye Ri, "Hey, are you free tomorrow? Maybe I can come over to teach you English?"

I replied,"Yeah sure. Hey, would you mind if my bestie, Ji Yeon, come and join us? I bet she really need tutoring too."

A few mins later, "Haha, no problem, I wouldn't mind. See you tomorrow and goodnight then xx"

I replied again," Okay sure :) sweet dreams."

Even when I'm super happy that she texted me first, my mind still drifted off to Ji Yeon, all that happened today. When have I ever started to notice her every single move? and What was she about to tell me in the bus? ? ?